What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Tent.... New grow: Emerald Traingle Genetics

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Kay... so I get bored easily lol... took a few more pics of the plants after I'd tied transplanted them and tied them back down again. Figure if they're gonna be stressed may as well be all @ once. The clones all were rootbound, as I'd expect they been in those pots under fluro's for 3 weeks. A couple of the seedlings are also ready to be transplanted but I left them as the rest were not.

Clones are standing @ 8-9" tall and the seedlings are now taking off as you will see in the pics.

I am thinking off giving the seedlings 3 more days in the 1L pots and then sticking them into the 6L airpots 2 days to recover then flip the switch to 12/12.

Seriously considering going vert with these again... temps in this little tent are harder to control than in the 2.4 x 1.2m I used before. I think having the lamp vert will help a lot, the problem is my extraction fan can't run above 55% because the air woosh becomes audible and I'm para the neighbours might here it! gonna have another fiddle and see what's good....

Here's a few more photo's then, the seedlings have bounced back after their first 'proper' feed till run off (25%). Humidity has also raised to about 35% should be hitting 40% by next week.

Ghost + Abusive OG still rooting, Geisel and riri still on recovery mode...

Oh yer, when I transplant the seedlings into 6L pots I'll be setting my blumats back up, only gonna attach them to the clones at first, then when 6L pots with seedlings dry out a bit say by 50% (about 2/3 days after xplant) I'll hook up the blumats.

Feed is currently 1.0EC for seedlings (1.5EC inc waters EC) and 1.2 for clones (1.7EC inc shite tap waters EC)
QoD#4

picture.php

Peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
looking good mate

can see the nmk in the qod#4 now mate ...do you get a nice indica kushy hit with this pheno mate? the kq is very c99 dom dunno where the g13 is in the mix lol

peace

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers bro, I gotta say all the training malarkey is new to me (as you can probably see :D) done some topping etc last run but no spreading or tying... I can see how it will be beneficial already as the last lot had cola's really close together and lower buds were light in colour and not as dense.... gonna trim the lowers up 1/3 min to get em to try putting out some fat buds. The plan at the minute is to keep the light horizontal till after the stretch then think about getting it vertical, I figure the plants will not mind being trained either way, but I'll get more stretch (longer buds hopefully) using a reflector till the stretch is done.

QoD#4 has a slight grape taste and hashy nmk kick to it but its not as pronounced as it is with the #2 or #1. My favourite is the #3 (still revegging but putting out shoots at last!) That one has a kushy taste mixed with a blonde hash taste and some pineapple or something tropical in there as well, very nice weed.

I think the most c99 dom is #1 has a pineapple/tropical smell and taste, tingle the tounge and high is more up than body until you smoke a couple J's :joint:

These rubbish euro reflectors I got are pants! I took one apart in the hope of trying the bulb vertically and the bloody screw holding the live down wont budge for love nor money! Got another so no bother unless it wants to act like a c*nt as well :D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
They all seem very indica dominant leaf wise at the moment potanist. I've seen 1 other person growing them online and they looked really indica dom as well.... Hmmm says they stretch a lot on the pack... I hope they have a decent stretch or they'll be tiny lol.

Got some more nutes for these plants, B'cuzz bloom stimulator, B'cuzz coco stimulator and some silicone. Used to use all three of these with good results before... I notice the price has come down so I figured what the heck! :D I know what the QoD's grow, yield and taste like so I can compare what they turn out like compared to the last lot.

Seedlings are now growing well, cept I managed to overwater the cause I wasn't going to be around when they were due for their watering, better safe than sorry and all that... They recovered quickly to be fair and were only looking sorry for a day then back to work. Clones are doing ok, still have low humidity, these plants need to start drinking quicker (fill the airpots with roots) so they can raise the RH themselves....

peace

H

Husky.Rex

@Rex I like seaweed, well not personally :D as an additive and I like what I read in that thread about low P, and more K... That seems like a good additive, Canadian express also have superior potash. Not tired that yet, but cheesey used to get good results with it.
Need a new PK myself have never tried the different formulations so looking at the various options. Here's that thread on low P and K as primary booster, good reading but you'll need a few J's and hours to get through it all!

Thanks fella I will have a ganders at that link :tiphat:

I'm using 2 of those euro reflectors myself, what a load of shite.
Planning on upgrading in the next few days for some adjustawings.

Looking good tho mate. I've got a couple plants due for the chop in the next few days, I'll make sure I post up a few picks :biggrin:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Well seems like my pH pen has been reading 1 whole point under what the pH actually is :eek: I wondered why the QoD clones were looking like shit 6 days after being xplanted.... they had food @ 4.8 instead of 5.8, they've gone quite yellow and have purpling on the stems. Also looking poorly in general... I'm going to give them a few days to recover, but if they don't I have a nelly mom, exodus mom and SSH mom on standby, all need potting up and have exhausted their soil (they're in compost not coco) so can be xplanted into coco... I'd let the QoD recover fully but I think that will take another 5 or so days and I'm on a schedule!

Seedlings are fine because I feed them before I decided to fuck the calibrating of my pH pen up! Lesson learned put down the pipe when calibrating measuring equipment :D

All fun & games.... on a brighter note nelly bubble hash is fuckin sublime :joint:

peace

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
:D Your not wrong RIL :D Nelly hash ftw though :joint:

I should also add while I'm fessing up, I managed to kill all but 2 of my unrooted Ghost OG and Abusive OG :( bad times.... good news is giesel and riri sour D are doing ok.... my greenthumb has gone brown :moon:

peace

H

Husky.Rex

Well seems like my pH pen has been reading 1 whole point under what the pH actually is :eek: I wondered why the QoD clones were looking like shit 6 days after being xplanted.... they had food @ 4.8 instead of 5.8, they've gone quite yellow and have purpling on the stems. Also looking poorly in general... I'm going to give them a few days to recover, but if they don't I have a nelly mom, exodus mom and SSH mom on standby, all need potting up and have exhausted their soil (they're in compost not coco) so can be xplanted into coco... I'd let the QoD recover fully but I think that will take another 5 or so days and I'm on a schedule!

Seedlings are fine because I feed them before I decided to fuck the calibrating of my pH pen up! Lesson learned put down the pipe when calibrating measuring equipment :D

All fun & games.... on a brighter note nelly bubble hash is fuckin sublime :joint:

peace

Bit of a shitter that fella but at least you have a back up plan in case the worst happens.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Yer t'was indeed bro...

But the Ganja Gawd shineth down upon me :D They seem to have bounced back fairly quickly I flushed them all upon noticing the pH issue yesterday and today everything is looking like it's back to growing, still yellow though but they've perked right up which is good news. If they continue to do well over the next 24-36 hrs I'll flip to bloom.

peace

H

Husky.Rex

Yer t'was indeed bro...

But the Ganja Gawd shineth down upon me :D They seem to have bounced back fairly quickly I flushed them all upon noticing the pH issue yesterday and today everything is looking like it's back to growing, still yellow though but they've perked right up which is good news. If they continue to do well over the next 24-36 hrs I'll flip to bloom.

peace

Good news fella :)

Can't wait to see these beauties in flower

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers boys I was kinda surprised they didn't take a lil longer to bounce back, yesterday they were very droopy too... Maybe the silicon + maxicrop foliar spray helped as well.

Ta for stopping by killerweed31 :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Plants will get their first 12 hours of darkness starting this evening.

Gonna LST the seedlings tomorrow and will get some pics of pre + post tie down for critique. This is only my second time training a plant in my time growing lol. So will probably need some advice, there are some small lower branches that I intend to be nice cola's on these seedlings with the help of a bit of streeetch :D

EC- 1.7 (inc 0.5 tap water) and pH is 6.2, feed is now compromised of (per liter):

3ml Canna coco nutes (A+B)
1ml B'cuzz coco stimulator
2.5ml Budlink Silicone
0.3ml Roots excelurator

Once weekly foliar spray of Maxicrop seaweed extract @ 4.5ml per liter and 0.5ml Per L budlink.

peace

Green81

Veteran
Glad you sorted all your woes Shhhhhhhhhh, looking forwards for the next few weeks, gonna see you max the tent-out.

Peace

G81

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looks like the tents gonna get overgrown!! :D

Seriously considering going vert again for the space, we'll see. I've tied down the seedlings now, as instructed in the LST threads lol... Top node pulled down below lowest node, quite a few lower branches already so I expect some busy bitches soon! Clones are already bushy as you like... I've been breaking a few necks on their leading shoots to keep em somewhat squat while the seedlings get back to growing upwards. Will stop the breaking necks in couple days though as I suspect they'll get too bushy otherwise. Any excess will be trimmed away slowly during stretch

Roughly 6-8 colas all about same height on clones and should be at least 6 colas on each of the seed plants... That's 72 colas if I get it right.

Sorry about the pic quality....
Pointers on the training appreciated lads.

Pre neck breaking...... lil supercropping........ closer

Latest posts

Latest posts