What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new "secret techniques" to bust growers?

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The "secret technique" is that the popo imported Sniff Cards from the UK (lol).

Rattlehead

No offense bro but growing isn't for everyone, u gotta have balls. Ur runnin a few cfls... fuck, that shit would pull about as much power as a tv. U jus gotta ask urself when the last time the police were in your house lookin for drugs. As long as ur not a dumb fuck and keep you grow to yourself u got nothin to worry about.

Keep It Green
Diz

Edit - When they say they waited untill the next day to charge him they were most likely just giving it some time to see if they'd be able to tack on additional charges

No offense taken man. I've just never done this before and I do feel pretty freaking secure. Paid for all my stuff with cash even though it was nothing out of the ordinary. Was just kinda a reality check when I heard that on the radio. Kinda like someone was trying to tell me something, lol.

I feel the only way I could get caught if they see a spike in power usage but I know that my grow would be pretty hard to detect that way. At least I think so.

Just thought I'd put this story out there and get everyone's thoughts. I have to admit I was a bit freaked out about it.

Thanks for calming me down. :comfort:

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
It's bullshit. Snitches still account for 99.9% of busts and the other 0.1% is bad luck and sloppiness on the grower's end.

Either way, I highly doubt there are any new sophisticated "secret" techniques for catching small time (<2kW) growers.

right, yeah right!
they'd have to suspect you to sneek a peek wouldn't they?
or are they peeking at everyones gear?!
peckers...peekers.

I hope the Po Po doesn't sneak around here, because he may offend my 70 Lbs bulldog - she's very territorial. lol :D

Last edited:

zenoonez

Veteran
how do they know who to get these warrants for?

People they suspect of doing something but don't want to alert them to the fact that they are on to them. The law was originally passed to be used against suspected terrorists not drug dealers/growers. Pigs figured it out and started using it against anyone they wanted to.

jd4083

Veteran
I got raided with 12 plants indoors and 12 plants outdoors. Cops didn't even take the plants. Asked us to take down the indoor, which we did. No bid deal here in Cali.

Meanwhile, in the real world (aka the rest of the country), I'm too nervous to put up more than 2 lights :tiphat:

brownstormy

Maybe they're just tuning into a dark AM channel and cruisin the streetz for all the new digi ballasts out there.
I was able to pinpoint my buddy's new house in oc after he got me to the general neighborhood.
Suffice it to say he's back to mag ballasts.

C

CANNATOPIA

The whole EC thing seems silly to me to, Unless they are using a TON of power. A normal space heater is usually 1,000 watts. Air conditioners use a lot of juice too, so do computers , big screen TVs, Stoves etc,etc. I don't see how they can tell the diff of a normal Timed appliances being turned on VS lights & ballasts. Seems almost impossible for me to believe that they can detect a smaller, more energy efficient grower this way.

Blueshark

Maybe they're just tuning into a dark AM channel and cruisin the streetz for all the new digi ballasts out there.
I was able to pinpoint my buddy's new house in oc after he got me to the general neighborhood.
Suffice it to say he's back to mag ballasts.

Brown, good call. Many ballasts on the market will cause interference. Even cable interference. If you are not in the country, make sure you have a good quality ballast(s).

johnnyla

Veteran
how do you know if there is a smart meter? i'm in an old house with only 110 and they have to come and read the meter it has several old style gauges like watch dials.

Norkali

It'll say SmartMeter right on it....your good for the time being...so funny to see a couple together in the same spot and one of which belongs to a grower....sticks out like a damn sore thumb lol.....notice how it displays the current kWH being used....

smartmeter-v01-pho-300x253.jpg

Wise

My guess their getting busted by visiting a hydro shop with a vehicle connected to their grow op. Who knows though.

spainmedman

Anybody ever see those trucks they have at the borders, they can drive by you and x-ray your vehicle, just think if they could do that to houses.
Also internet monitoring could be done very easily, I remember reading a story here long ago where a member said a local cop told him they knew what proxy he uses.
Anybody remember "operation green merchant"? That's was back in either the late 80's or early 90's where they(LEO) busted into peoples houses just for buying lights with credit cards from grow shops, and many turned out to be orchid growers...scary but could happen again...

Latest posts

Latest posts