What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new "secret techniques" to bust growers?

alaskind

...the one thing that the cops wouldnt do if they actually had a new "secret" technique, is warn the public....they get more credit for busting citizens, than for warning them.....

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
They're trying to use scare tactics, aka terrorism.

If anything, they're following ppl home from grow shops or having dogs sniff their trash, or of course a rat.

Imo this is nothing to worry about...I used to think all police were brilliant detectives, then after I had to deal with police a few times as a kid I realized they're full of shit, and no smarter then the average person (which is pretty fuckin dumb btw).

Just play it smart and you'll be fine. Unlike what leo wants you to believe, there's no new hightech way to find growers that we all need to worry about.

Applesauce

They have the evidence after the raid. How do they get the warrant? List "secret technique"? I don't buy it. The secret technique? People flipping friends, loose lips, odd power consumption. The typical things.

supermanlives

Veteran
oooh i am so shaking i might tear down everything. NOT i aint worried. or maybe the cops near me are stupid and dont know the secret yet. had 5 cops in my house 5 ft from the grow on something not mj related. ha ha some of us aint buying into your scare tactics

dusto2k3

i know where you live...watch out!!!

We must deploy our own secret techniques if they are using theirs!!!!

Marshall

the only way to catch growers in bulk would be to set a large net

Watching the hydro store
Data mining electric records for 12/12 spikes
FLIR (which is illegal in the USA w/o a warrant)
monitoring shipping companies for shipments from hydro stores (not sure if this can be done on a local level)

I am pretty sure most aspects of a criminal case are public record, discovery, arrest warrant etc. It shouldn't be hard to find out later what their secret is

cannabi

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rattlehead

"Prosecutors on Wednesday charged an City man after deputies raided his home the day before and found 14 marijuana plants and a quantity of the harvested weed."

Thanks for the good info zenoonez.
Looks like this could be the secret. Wow, I had heard about the Patriot Act years ago but just thought it applied to terrorism.
Looks like that wasn't the intention at all. And it seems Leo is using it more and more.
What a bunch of BS.

zenoonez

Veteran
Could be the secret or could not be. They don't have to formally charge you when they detain you. I think they have 72 hours from the time they detain you to charge you. I mean there are plenty of people walking around without being charged. They can take their time and build their case. I just figured this is the new secret weapon they had, the ability to perform a search without it having to be known.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
another liberty deceased.
in their mad hatred of our civil disobedience they will end up shooting us.
i guaran-fucking-tee it.

hide your assets real damn good.

sorry but govt. makes me profane.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Keep on growing they can't stop all of us! Don't be scare! Just don't tell anyone! and you should be fine don't do stupid shit or snitch on anyone!!!! keep things to yourself....
Happy Growing and lets do this thing the right way! Keep it green and simple.

D

DiiZZii3

No offense bro but growing isn't for everyone, u gotta have balls. Ur runnin a few cfls... fuck, that shit would pull about as much power as a tv. U jus gotta ask urself when the last time the police were in your house lookin for drugs. As long as ur not a dumb fuck and keep you grow to yourself u got nothin to worry about.

Keep It Green
Diz

Edit - When they say they waited untill the next day to charge him they were most likely just giving it some time to see if they'd be able to tack on additional charges

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
right, yeah right!
they'd have to suspect you to sneek a peek wouldn't they?
or are they peeking at everyones gear?!
peckers...peekers.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
there has GOT to be a record number of busts because of internet purchases...

there is a BIG equipment dealer near me that does a lot of internet business, and EVERYTIME i go in that damn place there are atleast 3 orders sitting on a desk of the kid who works in the "public" storefront area of this warehouse... When i say orders, i mean 8.5x11 printouts of the name and address as well as credit card info of the purchaser... this paper usually sits on top of the order that the kid just pulled from the warehouse shelves where i guess he gets ready to package it up and ship it out...

If I was a bad person, I could really wreak havoc... I am friends with another smaller hydro shop owner (who has been greatly affected by this guys company who runs the warehouse, as he is known as a "WHORE" in the industry, lowering his prices so low that he has hurt every other shop in the area [which by the way I really Love the fact that this guy has such low prices, but my friend the hydro shop owner HATES when I tell him I shop with that guy... THE BIG GUY has unbelieveable prices, and makes me think my small guy is a schmuck for how much higher his prices are, but I kind of see where he is coming from with his HIGH prices as a sole proprietor just tryin to feed himself like you and I- He always is crying to me about how the big guy does not give you the customer service that he does as the small guy... I tried offering many solutions on how my smaller guy could compete in the industry but he thinks I am all wrong, and he says the day he has to start cutting his prices is the day he will shut down his shop....i guess that topic is for another thread :biggrin:...])... well anyways, I told my buddy of XYZ inc's practices with not keeping the customers information confidential, and he went VERY irate, almost as if his wife was just raped... claiming that "thats what people get when they go for the lower price"... and he also said he "should go in there and take pictures of that bullshit and let everyone who shops there know how un safe their information is"....

this is just an isolated incident, and you CANNOT tell me that this larger warehouse/company is the only company out there who does not give one shit about keeping their customers' information confidential....

i guess they could argue by saying, "what do they have to hide? we do not sell items for marijuana cultivation"......

I guess it does make sense tho that you get what you pay for.... in many many ways... if these kids in charge of processing orders were getting paid the big bucks, then MAYBE I can see them having concern over their customers' privacy...

but on second thought, im probably very wrong......

also, even IF XYZ Inc. did a tremendous job with keeping info confidential within their confines, then what about the UPS driver who is scheduled to pick up the hundreds of packages from XYZ hydro shop INC. every day? ........ another potential rat...

another tactic that I just thought of that they could very well be implementing is putting GPS locators inside of high value growing items, such as ballasts or reflectors, or co2 generators, or power boxes, or what not.... especially if you pick up an item on EBAY - how do you know you aren't buying your power box from Officer Buzzcut Flattop of the DEA? I feel like I should not divulge this information for the fact that I could be fueling a fire so to speak, but perhaps I can save one of my fellow growers who is reading this...

I think the bottom line is to always proceed with caution, and ALWAYS assume the worst... Paranoia is good because it keeps you on your toes, but don't be OVERLY paranoid because it will destroy you one way or another.... Play your cards right, always look over your shoulder, and watch who you trust...

keep dat shit one hunnit!

Lonely Wolf

Latest posts

Latest posts