What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Neighbor is a Grow House!

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Try talking to them with a joint in your mouth one day. :joint:

If you do want to confront them, let them know you smoke (discretely, over time), they might want to sell you some pot (if they do, say something like "I got enough").

Then another time, hint that you can smell weed, not the grow, just weed. Later say you think they might need a scrubber.

Personally, I think you should just leave'em alone, but if you insist or think that it might cause problems for you. Let them know over time, be "neighborly", and once you earn each others trust let them know they need to deal with the smell.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tell them that you can get them an awesome deal on weatherstripping for their garage, cuz you were walking your dog last night and noticed that they left the light on in there.
Nice and neighborly.
Or just MYOFB

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
"Mind your own business"

Wow. What a bunch of shit. Just stand by and wait for the time bomb next door to explode and OP can enjoy the shrapnel. The only sane way OP can safely "mind his own business" is to completely break down his show and move. Sitting back and doing absolutely nothing is an act of sheer idiocy.

Personally I favor an anonymous letter, mailed through the US Postal Service. I agree OP shouldn't set foot on their property, but think his doing nothing is sheer idiocy, and that warning the neighbors has not much more than a microspopic chance of having them retaliate against the OP. I for one would be very grateful if someone told me I was fucking up like that.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
the age and experience of the members in this thread is really shining through.

would any of you want this guy in your neighborhood being nosey as fuck thinking about using a spare key on YOUR door?

would you want someone asking you if they could tend their garden for a fee?

would you want someone tossing fucking leaves on your doorstep seeing how often you are there?

would you want some dumb ass neighbor leaving you love notes saying "wink wink I know what you are doing but won't tell anyone"

come on people.

property rights
right to PRIVACY and to do what YOU want to do in your house.

who cares if his house smells like weed, let the asshole neighbors rat him out unless YOU are the asshole neighbor then do what you need to BUT remember karma's a BITCH.

anyone come in my home with a secondary key would 100% be shot, no if's ands or buts about it. That is illegal entry without cause and trust me it would be my word against... well at that point just MY WORD. I win.

stay in your business and let them stay in theirs.

BUT then again, people have a million ideas on how to be a superstar and make sure these lexus rolling fools KNOW u KNOW about their grow so you will do what you are going to do.

They might know what you are doing as well. Keep digging into their business and who knows maybe you would be considered competition.....

Dude u got my intentions all wrong here, I personally don't give a fuck there's a grow house next door, cause I live in one. The issue is that their lack of preparation is drawing serious attention to my house as well as my neighborhood (its my next door neighbor). I know most all the neighbors and were all hippie types and all smoke. I know at least 2 other medical growers in our neighborhood. All of us have built rooms well enough that u can't tell. A few of my neighbors have been askin me if it was my house because of how close our houses are. As for me "charging" them if they were medical I got no problem comn over and tending garden for trim to make hash with or some samples of the meds, if their not medical it would take me one phone call and a copier to make almost anyone a legal medical grower (not patient but grower). I'm not talking about chargin them money at all! I don't wanna stop this guy from doin what he's doin, I'd like them to take adequate steps to ensure security. Would u feel safe living next to a half assed grow house that's a bust waiting to happen? I agree that the key was a bad idea. As for the leaves I didn't dump a bag of leaves on their doorstep it was a few large leaves from the tree that is in our backyard and is currently scattered over half the block.if the screen door opened they'd b moved against the wall which they never were.

Hope to run into them and feel it out. By the smell of it they'll b back soon. if I don't see them, my buddy is the president of the neighborhood watch (he's also a medical grower and patient) and I'm sure he could send a letter, inside I think we should include a pamphlet to the medical mj clinic. Dude picked a grow friendly neighborhood none of us are gonna rat him out just makes myself and the other neighbors uneasy because of the smell.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can they be growing when they don't come for weeks and months at a time?

Maybe they are LEO and they rented the house to build a case against you?

grouchy

What if they are members here and they already know that you know because they read this thread. You could have given them some leverage if they ever get busted. They also know how you have been snooping around and watching them. By calling out there cars and there situation you have opened up a big security risk to yourself that could have been avoided by not typing. Did you expect someone on here to say "oh crap, that's me. I better get some scrubbers. Thanks sneakysneaky."

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I would say nothing, and just live life....Do you, and let them do themm My neighbor grows, and still does. He's respectful, and knows nothing about goood ole Oliver P;)

OP

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
If they were members, what the fuck is it gonna matter, are they gonna bust down this guys door and tell him "don't post about our conspicuous grow op".

Also, the guy has already stated he has firearms and martial art training.

people here are way to paraniod, If you want to tell the dude go ahead, what is the worst that would happen? you're legal, so there is no reason not to. I wouldn't but if you think that you really need to go ahead.

You could have given them some leverage if they ever get busted.

Did you not read the thread, the dude is legal, so what possible leverage could they have?

grouchy

Did you not read the thread, the dude is legal, so what possible leverage could they have?
I read the whole thread. I know he is legal but that doesn't mean that there will be retaliation or trying to bring others down with them if something were to happen. They could try and get a bargain on there sentence by saying that he was involved and would help out on occasion when they needed help. It doesn't matter if it is true or not he could get dragged into it. As it has been stated over and over in the thread, you don't know what they will do and he possibly gave himself away on the web to the people who it matters to.

R

ranneG

I'll say it once more MYOB. If the light and smell is as obious as you say why would any one make a mistake and go rip you off.

Stay safe and enjoy your garden

IWanaGetHiSoHi

How can they be growing when they don't come for weeks and months at a time?

Maybe they are LEO and they rented the house to build a case against you?
2 very good points to question. I'm reading this as Sneaky isn't as legit as they want us to believe and the youngish neighbors stinky personal med grow might bring the heat or a rip-off down on their 6K not so legit smell proof money making Garage. The Lexus issue and absentee thing is tossed in for Fluff. But that's just me thinking ... If there's any truth to this story, at most, I would casually mention the smell when the opportunity arose to speak with them. Something like "Do you smell that? I like the smell but someone else might not" or "Hey there, I'm Sneaky. Did you by chance hit my pet skunk?" Don't try and tell them what you think is up or violate their space any further. For fucks sake, introduce your self first. Welcome them to the hood instead of spying on them. Start doing the right thing because IMO You have already done them wrong ...

T

TheMintMan

Mind your business. Stop rationalizing. They don't need your 'help.' Let each be the decider of his own success or failure.

I disagree with those who tell you to leave it alone. If the cops do bust down their door, there's a good chance they'll also notice your crop. Now, you may be legal, but two grow ops door by door may raise some eyebrows. Getting hassled by the cops in front of your neighborhood is never good.

That said, the best way to help is to be anonymous and non-threatening. Mail a letter w/o a return address and write something like this inside: "Dear neighbors, I personally have no qualms with marijuana and don't give a shit about what people do in their own homes. I am not threatening you, nor will I call the police. But if I can notice what's going on just from walking down the street, I'm sure some of our less tolerant neighbors have noticed, too. " Then suggest that they a) make the place look lived in, b) install some activated charcoal filter and some lining.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
I understand and appreciate your concerns, and I know this is a bit if a dilemma as they pose a mild security risk to you. Tough call, however...

As a medium-sized commercial grower (sans light and smell leaks) I can tell you how I'd react if you came to my door with anything but a plate of regular cookies:

I'd point one of my security cams at your house and learn all I could about you
I'd probably swipe your mail once I knew your habits and schedule
I'd have you followed to work and around town for a few days to see where you go

After all of that I'd probably have a clue as to your grower status too. The next move would largely be up to you, but I'd have lots of plans and my finger would be on several triggers. I would probably never trust you, not knowing or trusting your motivation.

I'd then make plans A B and C:

A: Is how to deal with you if you came to my place again with any heat (shotguns for you)
B: Is how to deal with you if your friends or strangers start snooping around my place (shotguns for them)
C: Is my plan to dispose of you quietly and quickly leave town once the mess is cleaned up.

Get it? Not trying to sound like a tough guy, honest, just trying to give you some insight as to how he might react. The tension in the neighborhood would be palpable=, and he'd either fix his issues or leave, but he'd probably just leave. If he leaves, he's going to resent you making him move, and will probably retaliate against you shortly before or after leaving. Even if it's just to key your car or slash your tires, he lost money because of you and thinks someone else must pay.

As someone mentioned above, if it's a gang you could not be in much more danger. If it's a businessman, one phone call is all that's needed to put a price tag on your ass. You are an open jar of gasoline standing next to a fire, best to walk the other way quietly and let them be.

Hope that helps.

all you do is talk shit about shooting ppl.

plan "A" shoot someone infront of my growhouse
plan "B" threating people with shotguns infront of/around grow house.

listen to your own "advice" is that your lexus im about to shoot?

like anything your saying is close to low key, you trying to get yourself busted??? no op is going to go smoothly with all that gun toting and shit of the mouth.

no offence. but we can do 10 paces infront of my grow house if you want to be loud.

blinx420

Well if your neighborhood is cool like you say it is and in the know then you can discuss it with them and make a neighborhoodly decision to help them keep it low pro or snitch on them to get busted and get out the neighborhood if your neighbors are with you then who's to blame then if word came from neighborhood watch..

keeper

or snitch on them to get busted and get out the neighborhood if your neighbors are with you then who's to blame then if word came from neighborhood watch..

Really ????? :mad: I won't bother typing the words i want to say.
I cannot believe some of the other suggestions in here either. Plain and simple MYOFB !!!

Latest posts

Latest posts