What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Neighbor is a Grow House!

i would leave them be.. then they would ask how do you know the color of light unless u are growing yes your a med grower but...that can cause a whole new prob.. live and let live if anyone rips them off it will be at night and all kids would be in side.. if noone is there no shooting no problem..

golden

Stop being a girl, a busybody, knock on the door, introduce yourself and become friends regardless of what they may be upto...

How you know theyre not medical too?

keat

A bit late but i just read this thread and im dying to hear how this worked out. Anyone know what happend?

est1977

Myob. Before. You cant find ur own business, or move out. You control what other people do in their houses legal or not there is a risk growing Mj if you are following state guidelines what are YOU worried for?

ddrew

Veteran
What you're dealing with is know as, low hanging fruit, be glad it's there, and MYOB.

Merfolk

Let them do what they do, if they are slacking on security, thats there issue, dont expose yourself.

Dont be a hero

W

wiseone

I second that on what the outcome was.
But regardless never ASSUME anything.
why?
When you assume (especially without any hard facts) you make a ASS out of U and ME.
Not to mention getting in the wrong persons biz can get you one serious old fashion beatdown or worse.

DeRail640

Next time you see them just wave and say how ya doing then go introduce yourself.
Hi I'm SneakySneaky i live next door are you the new neighbor?
Mention you haven't seen them and you assumed they travel for work often.
maybe mention that they accidentally left the garage light on.
no clue to a grow just being a neighbor.
there is nothing wrong with talking with your neighbors i just moved into a new neighborhood seems i have some cool neighbors :smoke: i never mention my grow.

Last edited:

SneakySneaky

Veteran
sorry for the delay, i really should have updated this MONTHS ago i apologize..

So i ended up talking to the neighbors, and they are in fact growing. I helped them get their room running with negative pressure and installed a carbon scrubber for them, helped them seal the garage so no light leaks would be happening. They were really cool about it, i imagine their shock when the neighbor comes over and says i know ur growing and ur doing it wrong and i hadnt been inside the place yet lol. My neighbors still are growing and just goes to show ya that medical patients do in fact help each other.

Only reason i got so upset was the fact that they werent being discrete and drawing a lot of attention to the house by neglecting the light leaks and smell (theres a bus stop 100 yards from the house as well as a middle school down the road discretion is a must!). I ended up having to move because of a crazy ass x girlfriend so they arent my neighbors anymore, but im sure theyll be telling their friends the story lol.

Remember kiddies, that its always best to be discrete and honest. I had people sending me pm's saying i should rob the place to teach them a lesson. The lesson i felt they should learn is compassion from a fellow med patient and get a crash course in Sneakyness by the man himself, me sneaky sneaky.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
You better hope they don't read IC.

i actually gave them the address so they could start learning how to do things correctly. I gave my buddy a link to this exact thread to read some of the wild ass accusations and assumptions yall have made in this thread....showed him pretty quick that not everybody is as cool as i was about it and also showed him the different outcomes that can happen from not having your grow done properly.

TommytheCat

I think you handled the situation very well man. :dance013: I'd be nervous about an obvious grow next door also. I don't mind if people grow, but its all a matter of avoiding extra attention.

I'm sure we've all heard the horror stories of 215 compliant growers + dispensaries getting busted or mistreated. Even when you are 100% legal, its still best to avoid extra attention.

It's the same idea with firearms. I am licensed to carry a handgun, but I still do not carry it in the open (even though I'm legally allowed to). Best not to draw attention to yourself. :tiphat:

keat

Good to hear it worked out great for you. Didnt think i would get a response in this thread but im glad to see this man!!

Good karma for you,
Blessings