What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Neighbor is a Grow House!

ehonda187

Oh Lord help the nosy neighbor who creeps around my property.....a 200 dollar sams club special internet linked security system and they might be the ones leaving a note on your door.

Leapfrog

Dude leave it alone...they have done nothing wrong to you...and you don't want to draw attention on you...IF they find out YOU know...you're in for a surprise.

And then what?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I understand and appreciate your concerns, and I know this is a bit if a dilemma as they pose a mild security risk to you. Tough call, however...

As a medium-sized commercial grower (sans light and smell leaks) I can tell you how I'd react if you came to my door with anything but a plate of regular cookies:

I'd point one of my security cams at your house and learn all I could about you
I'd probably swipe your mail once I knew your habits and schedule
I'd have you followed to work and around town for a few days to see where you go

After all of that I'd probably have a clue as to your grower status too. The next move would largely be up to you, but I'd have lots of plans and my finger would be on several triggers. I would probably never trust you, not knowing or trusting your motivation.

I'd then make plans A B and C:

A: Is how to deal with you if you came to my place again with any heat (shotguns for you)
B: Is how to deal with you if your friends or strangers start snooping around my place (shotguns for them)
C: Is my plan to dispose of you quietly and quickly leave town once the mess is cleaned up.

Get it? Not trying to sound like a tough guy, honest, just trying to give you some insight as to how he might react. The tension in the neighborhood would be palpable=, and he'd either fix his issues or leave, but he'd probably just leave. If he leaves, he's going to resent you making him move, and will probably retaliate against you shortly before or after leaving. Even if it's just to key your car or slash your tires, he lost money because of you and thinks someone else must pay.

As someone mentioned above, if it's a gang you could not be in much more danger. If it's a businessman, one phone call is all that's needed to put a price tag on your ass. You are an open jar of gasoline standing next to a fire, best to walk the other way quietly and let them be.

Hope that helps.

severian

Using your "spare" key to poke around, leave anonymous notes, etc. is probably the worst advice I have ever heard. From my years of hollywood education I would expect an illegal entry such as this to be the beginning of your excitement.

hamstring

Veteran
"“Mind your own business" Your neighborhood is your business.

I want you as my neighbor watching and keeping an eye out for things out of place. Keep up the good work!!! You never said you were going to turn him in just trying to get an understanding of what the hell is going on in your hood. That’s your right and your responsibility as a good neighbor.

My advice just keep watching no need to contact him first make sure you know what it really is going on. Breaking into his house because you have a key not the right thing to do. Just keep an eye out.

PEACE

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
"“Mind your own business"

I agree. What your neighbors do in the privacy of their own home is no more your business than what you do in the privacy of your home is their business. As long as they're not causing trouble or being noisy or disruptive, they have a right to their privacy. What people do in private is nobody's business but the government's (as long as we have prohibition, that is).

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think anyway you try to clue him in, like leaving a note, will in turn let them in on your growing as well. They will assume it is someone close by, and it sounds like you are very near. So now some thugs no you grow as well, not good. I think for safety reasons you should just let them do whatever they have to do.

I

itsus

like i said....dog food. if your gonna poke around you might as well drive a truck through the garage door. if i caught a motherfucker in my house they're dead, period. i'd clean out my shit in 20 mins and call the cops myself. if my dog eats a little bit off your ass, well.....not my problem. do not go in the house unless your fucking crazy, or just really dumb.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
make friends... share some clones... and get the neighborhood on lockdown... it all starts with a joint... if you came in my grow house my German shepherds would have you all bloody and begging for mercy plus the surveillance would pick u up and send me a text msg and within 20mins you would meet the devil. i seen people murked off for that shit for real for real... think before u act mang haha spare key u got some balls ill give you that

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
the age and experience of the members in this thread is really shining through.

would any of you want this guy in your neighborhood being nosey as fuck thinking about using a spare key on YOUR door?

would you want someone asking you if they could tend their garden for a fee?

would you want someone tossing fucking leaves on your doorstep seeing how often you are there?

would you want some dumb ass neighbor leaving you love notes saying "wink wink I know what you are doing but won't tell anyone"

come on people.

property rights
right to PRIVACY and to do what YOU want to do in your house.

who cares if his house smells like weed, let the asshole neighbors rat him out unless YOU are the asshole neighbor then do what you need to BUT remember karma's a BITCH.

anyone come in my home with a secondary key would 100% be shot, no if's ands or buts about it. That is illegal entry without cause and trust me it would be my word against... well at that point just MY WORD. I win.

stay in your business and let them stay in theirs.

BUT then again, people have a million ideas on how to be a superstar and make sure these lexus rolling fools KNOW u KNOW about their grow so you will do what you are going to do.

They might know what you are doing as well. Keep digging into their business and who knows maybe you would be considered competition.....

indicameds

Come on now. This shouldnt even be a topic. Stay out of there buisness and they will stay out of yours. The world is bad enough as it is. No need to join in on it and be the nosey nieghbor that gets shot for stickin his nose in shit that is not his to stick it in.

P

PkRipper

shit you should see my nieghbors, a they show up to check on this house that nobody lives in , They go insides and always use trailer to take care of the stupidist shit,. like curturtins...
I almost asked them last week if they needed help ,They where in the front yard cutting up Plastic fence post and drilling wholes in them......hummmmm, looked interesting . to bad there isnt a fence anywhere on the property........
I see all kids of funny stuff over there like sumone stopping by to mow grass that never gets water, its dirt.
the stopped by at least 6 times , once a a week for over a month and a half, the tree was tiny , just an excuss to have shears and large black bags of "brush" being moved around.

They have came to toch up the paint like 5 times since i lived here and nobody ever lived there so the gost must tear up the walls or the people need a bucket to carry stuff in and out every other month without looking like sunone just tending an indoor Deep water culture strawberry farm.....
besides that

I knew a guy who had a llttle house just like you discribe,.
He also had a 200 ib black pitbull that could not bark , a mute dog .
This dog was not nice, he hated everyone except its owner who had raised him to be a live in guard dog.
One day the guy went to check on stuff when he discoverd that his dog had jumped thru the widow to get sumone who was tryin to prowl around the house at night .
The guy just told everyone that the dog had got cut when it got threw the glass
He had to say sumthing becuase there was pools of blood all down the sidewalks leaving his house......

The prowler never came back...... and the dog still chews on part of his pants that he left behind......

MYOB

Not your grow - not your problem...

Exactly. Mind your own business. That crazy idea of going in and taking a quick peek and leaving them a note inside the house could get you killed. I guarantee if my dumb ass neighbor or landlord pulled some crap like that my cameras would pick it up and I'd be digging a quick hole out in the woods to stick them in.

They might be cool people and just freak out and move if you confront them or they might just be some 2 time felon who freaks out because they don't want that 3rd strike and you might end up punching your own ticket.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Next time you see the vehicles at the house, walk over
after all they are your neighbor and should be neighborly

Don't leave any note, talk directly to them.
Let them know about your observations (lights/leaves/etc) and about their odd behavior.

If what you say is true about how often they show up at the house (are you really watching the place that closely?) then there can't possibly be a grow there. You should obviously know that it takes way more than 1 or 2 visits to a grow spot to pull off any sort of successful op. Think logically and objectively in this situation. What would you want someone to do to YOU? Leave notes and freak you out or talk to you like an adult?

-Jerry

i work from home, as well as having my medical garden there. having a neighbor move into a house that costs 1600 a month and never being there is a huge indicator (everytime i come home i never see them, everytime i wake up i never see them). My street is also kinda secluded so anytime a car door slams my dog barks like crazy.

mind your own business,dont make a problem where none exist

there is a huge problem, their lack of adequate preperations is drawing unneeded attention to my house also. our garages are literally 6 feet apart and theres a blue glow coming from underneath their garage door. that light plus the smell (which smells like a some sort of diesel strain) are like a friggin beacon to potential thieves and police. If they take care of the smell and the lights i wouldnt care. I did a test yesterday, and walked to the apartments 30 yards behind me and stood there for a minute and i could sure enough smell their house.

im not worried about my safety and security, i was in the army as well as have 8+ years of martial arts training aside from the army. i know a roundhouse kick does nothing against a bullet from across the window though.

I do have an intelligrow system thatll text my prepaid phone if anything goes awry (got the window and motion sensors) so im not worried about anybody breaking in as reprocussions and me not knowing.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
How about being a good a neighbor, and minding you own damn bussiness... For all you know it's a fish tank in there, and your smelling your own shit..

You wanna Use an old key to enter THIER fucking house? Are you for real?? You'd be more of a criminal then they are IMHO.. That's breaking and entering. Key or not, that's not your fucking house... Crazy I tell ya!! Holy shit, I hope I never move to place with "a hip med grower" as yourself living next door.. You drop note, mail a letter, walk up to them at the curb and say something, and the results are all going to be the same.. IF illegal they're gonna have to close up shop, which puts nosy neighbors name on the list for retaliation.. If your medical/legal, and thier garden is stinking more then yours, then I wouln't worry about it LOL..

Could you imagine checking a surveillance tape, and seeing your next door neighbor smiling for the camera in YOUR grow room, in YOUR FUCKIN HOUSE?? Seriously, your a danger to yourself, and those around you LOL..

What if they hire someone to stay there and guard/tend the crop, and they're infact coming every couple months to bring him burritos, and collect the goods.. I wouldn't mess with it.. To many what ifs...

Last edited:

JimBeamKush

You are really growing weed and asking what to do about your next door neighbor growing weed?

Serouisly man mind your own bussiness.

Latest posts

Latest posts