What's new

NEW LED GROW

outdoe

so do you feel that the LEDs cant really grow much on its own?(cfl addition)
would it be safe to say that the cfls are more efficient than the LEDs? after some reading im starting think light intensity has just as much or even more to do with growth over color spectrum

bf74

I think you're right dude.At this point I'm starting to think that the leds are supplementing the cfl's-or maybe they're just complementing each other-cfl's provide the intensity-leds round out the spectrum-maybe imitating, as much as it can, the suns natural rays- you see, you have the advantage of manipulating the spectrum to your advantage- so maybe we need intensity-definitely, coupled with a well rounded spectrum.Its enough to give ya a headache.:joint:

bf74

what we need are higher wattage units-there are some 15w homebrew units on the LEDLab 2009 that will beat the shit out of any ufo-these bad boys may be pumping out the intensity needed to keep up with the big boys.Check em out-what I have are toys

bf74

but on the up-these nightshades are only 13 inches tall-all 3.The buds are already sticky and getting amazingly fast girth.And we're only half way there.1w led diodes by themselves-eh-but become a little powerhouse with cfl's.I dig it.peace:joint:

Lookin good bf74....still lovin the led/cfl combo.....have u grown with just leds b4 and had as good of results or are have the cfl's given them a little extra?

U

unthing

Hi

The led/cfl combo surely is interesting in terms of spectrum it provides. How long does the nightshade flower?

Btw, I can take all your weak ufos when you decide to move to bigger/better systems :).

bf74

lol, since you were the first to ask-sure, but it wont be for a while.The nightshades take 8 weeks to mature-so that means we're half-way there-tentatively.

bf74

I can already see that the results will far surpass the all led grow-and as you can see by the pics, and the dumpy leaves that I had a little over-fert prob-at half strength nutes!

Latest posts

Latest posts