What's new

NEW LED GROW

bf74

For those of you familiar with my past led experiments, hay-yah!Well I decide to do another test grow wit 3 rooted nightshade clones.The floweing tent, if you'll notice has 2 ufo's in it-1-illuminator, 1-660nm red ufo.Day after tomorrow another illuminator will arrive.To get a few of the obvious questions out of the way 1-yes it's expensive 2-yes I know how much hid or cfl light I could've bought, thats not what this is about for me.It's basically a cool expensive hobby that yields me a continuous supply of dank.Next grow the # of clones will be doubled, then if possible-tripled.The himalaya gold mom is in the veg tent now.If ya get a chance check out my gallery for projects past-peace:joint:

Subscribed, since I'm curious about this LED thing. Looks like it has many advantages... too bad base light price is not one of them...

bf74

Subscribed, since I'm curious about this LED thing. Looks like it has many advantages... too bad base light price is not one of them...
welome aboard, this should be fun-some interesting dialogue surrounds these led threads.You wouldnt believe how controversal a light could be. peace

bf74

first test result-1 ufo-2 45w panels 2-12w white led fixtures-3oz dry from a small test batch of seven just rooted clones.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Great stuff man. LEDs are the future! Hopefully we'll be able to grow our herb in the future with organic LEDs.

bf74

I still dont think hid lighting is going anywhere.Not for cash croppers at least.Simple economics-more bang for your buck.

bf74

and fuck those cheap ass china panels! dont try to grow anything more than wheatgrass with those weak things.14 watts of any light is still just 14 watts.70 w hps equivalent my ass.I think alot of folks got burned by this advertising scam.Thats what dented the credibility of the led industry-even the vendors selling decent gear are lying their asses off.1 watt diodes or higher in the proper wave-lengths are what is required.China panels dont do dick.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow looken great so far.
so what kind of strain is the nightshade? sounds cool. and having a place to get good clones is great also.

cant wate to see them when they r budding.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
hell yah bro. u have a himalaya gold mom is in the veg tent now.

don't ya love it when ya can have a veg cab and a flower cab also.

also cant wate to see ur D-ryder seeds grow.

U

unthing

What's the total light setup going to be? 3 ufos and couple of panels and smaller lights? Any uv this time?

bf74

What's the total light setup going to be? 3 ufos and couple of panels and smaller lights? Any uv this time?
whats up unthing, pretty much that'll be the deal, gonna try it without the uvb this time, I've also got 50 watts of cree white led in there.Good to hear from ya unthing, this one should be pretty cool.

rope

I got myself one UFO to test out, but 3 would be quite pricey right now, maybe in a year or two they will be a lot cheaper. LEDs are definitely fun to play around with for growing and soon the way of the future.
Anyways, one day you should try doing a nice SCRoG with the 3 UFOs and the other lights there too. just make a think canopy, and see what 270+ watts of LEDs can do.

bf74

I got myself one UFO to test out, but 3 would be quite pricey right now, maybe in a year or two they will be a lot cheaper. LEDs are definitely fun to play around with for growing and soon the way of the future.
Anyways, one day you should try doing a nice SCRoG with the 3 UFOs and the other lights there too. just make a think canopy, and see what 270+ watts of LEDs can do.
I like that idea, I've never done the full scrog method before-but from what I've seen, it seems to be, besides sog,THE way to go with leds.Good call rope, I'm gonna look into it.peace

bf74

And in about a year-these 1w diode UFO's will be a dime a dozen.I cant wait to see what my fellow pot-heads, who just happen to be some of the most inventive people, come up with.

Latest posts

Latest posts