What's new

New Grower - 1st ever plants !

C

CFL_Grow

dont know for sure the 3 flouro tubes wattage. the bulbs are 65w x 1, 26w x 4, 40w x 2 will add another 26w tomo.

C

CFL_Grow

Aw skeet. So about a week ago i pinched off a fwe of the lowest smallest budsites i could find and put them in my dresser for a 5 days to dry. I wanted to 'sample' this bud. Just to make sure im not growing out some rank stuff i don't want..

So with the improper dry and no cure time i just bured a bong pack of this fresh nug.

Man.

Better then the mexi swag im buying and it's soooo premature still.

i ... cannot... wait. !!!!

C

CFL_Grow

Haha. I'll wait it out, very patient here.

Just sayin' :) ya, know.

Grown lots of fruits and veggies, always the best when ripe :)

I'll prob take these atleast another 30 days.

C

CFL_Grow

Girls are doing good. Not really been getting any taller at all.

picture.php

picture.php

Still using Super Bloom 12-55-6 and rain water from the algae green barrells.

Added another one of the huge CFL a few days ago, the 65watters. You can see in one picture the temp is 100, right beside a light bulb, so temps are good :) Actual temps are around 85 lights on 75 lights off.

Can't really see how big the buds are on the top cola's, the leaves cover em' up but i can see them putting on weight in there.

ziggzagg

Man, this is pretty inspirational. Those plants look extremely happy. I'm jealous of your green thumb. Do you check your pH by testing the soil runoff electronically? Any equipment to check ppm or EC?

C

CFL_Grow

Thank you :) And yes they are happy !

I check my PH after i mix nutes. If I am not feeding nutes and just watering i don't PH. Not even the PH 8 rainwater, i just use it. So i check PH of the water i give them, but i dont really adjust it. My nute solution is about PH 6.5 So every 3 days or so they get PH 8 then PH 6.5 then back to 8 then 6.5 etc..

PPM ? EC ? I see these terms tossed around, don't know what they are yet.

aspore

PPm is Parts of disolved solids per million I believe.

EC is the electrical conductivity of your solution

I'm sure some more knowledgable peeps can explain more.

ziggzagg

Like aspore said, EC tests the electrical conductivity of the solution, which is dependent on the amount of impurities floating around in there, so I believe it is directly related to PPM, and you can find one by finding the other and referencing it on a chart or something. Personally I have never messed with those measurements, and I don't think it's absolutely essential to know those for a first grow. However, with hydro it seems that once you start tuning everything in and really tightly controlling your environment, those would be good measurements to have. It's good for diagnostics - you know for sure if you're nute-burning or starving your plants or if it's something unrelated. You'll have to ask other people about it for more information though. I suggest asking FreezerBoy and looking at some of his links. How's the budding coming along though? Any new photos? :bump:

C

CFL_Grow

Girls are chugging along :) Still all white hairs, i'll prob go to Radioshack and get one of those little scopes to check trichs with one of these days.

It's still hard for me to grasp these were planted around the 16th of June.

picture.php

picture.php

On the PPM thing. Just taking a stab, i would say my PPM is fairly high escpecially when i feed nutes. The rainwater barrels are covered in algae on the sides and haves little things swimming in them :) The water is clear and clean though, but far from pur imo.

C

CFL_Grow

One of them is starting to yellow a little but i am not too concerned at this point. Buds are starting to come on nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

12/12 started on 7-12-10

C

CFL_Grow

Starting to get a few brown hairs here and there. The cola on the short plant is getting massive :dance013: When i take it out of the cab to water or feed her, the top just bobbles around !

I have no clue on strains, indica or sativa, flower time, etc. Im thinking i have another 2 or 3 weeks atleast still.

picture.php

picture.php

C

CFL_Grow

Nuggin' it up. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

The taller lady is amazing. She is so healthy this late in flower, no yellowing, burnt tips, etc, shes perfect :) The shorter one.... she's seen better days but we are going to make it through this grow at this point ! Yellowing out still, a lot of burnt tips, some heat stress. Poor girl, she's putting on the weight though. There's a nice cola growing up there.

C

CFL_Grow

:thank you:

They were born on the 16th of June. So 71ish days old.

12/12 flipped on the 12th of July. So 45ish days of 12/12, but it took a week or so to get into flower...

So atleast two more weeks, maybe more ? They should really fatten up in the last few weeks, atleast i hope ! :dance013:

But they aren't looking bad either way, weight wise.

picture.php

picture.php

C

CFL_Grow

:dance013:

picture.php

Gave them both a last feeding of super bloom today. From here out i will just be using straight water.

Leaves on the shorter girl are looking rough up top, but the cola bud looks great and is still growing.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wow great job, your plants look much better then some of my friends' plants that have been growing for over a year now.

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks man. I have a bit of a green thumb when it comes to gardening and nature so I did not expect herb to be much more complicated, although like a lot of things in life it is as easy (or hard) as one makes it.

KISS !

I have learned so many lessons from just these two plants though, it has been a great experience.

The girls are just exploding, the buds on some branches are forming into colas now... branches getting weighed down... guess i can't complain about too much bud on one branch. :dance013:

picture.php