What's new

New Grower - 1st ever plants !

C

CFL_Grow

I've been doing a LOT of reading the past few weeks. Tired of dealing with other people so im going to grow out some seeds, or try to. I tried to germinate about 20 seeds outta my stash and got 7 to pop. 1 is outside somewhere and i have 2 inside. The rest i had to kill, no room. Thanks to what i've learned here and other forums, and with some continued help ill make some budz happen.

Heres my progess in the last 2ish weeks.

Attachments

• pot1 004.jpg
    pot1 004.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 12
  • pot4 001.jpg
    pot4 001.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
  • growbox 004.JPG
    growbox 004.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 11
  • pot9 1.JPG
    pot9 1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
C

CFL_Grow

Here's my other one. Im praying one is a Fem. They are both very green with no problems that I can see, but I might not know if I saw it.

Attachments

• pot9 2.JPG
    pot9 2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
C

CFL_Grow

Ok will do. Watered them today, pots were bone dry. This is a fresh organic mix soil so i probably won't nute until flower or i see a defeciency developing.

Not much to show, growing like weeds.

Not sure how to know when they are "mature" for flower but i have about 3 feet to play with above the top of the pots. They are only 6inches now.

Attachments

• pot11 001.jpg
    pot11 001.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 9

TeaHateSea

Watered them today, pots were bone dry. This is a fresh organic mix soil so i probably won't nute until flower or i see a defeciency developing.

You have been reading! Exercising patience right out of the gate, you're ahead of a lot other growers already.

Congratulations on your first grow, you picked the best forum to start. Tons of knowledgeable, helpful people here.

Best of luck to you!

ibjamming

Veteran
Ok will do. Watered them today, pots were bone dry. This is a fresh organic mix soil so i probably won't nute until flower or i see a defeciency developing.

Not sure how to know when they are "mature" for flower but i have about 3 feet to play with above the top of the pots. They are only 6inches now.

"Bone dry" could be a little too dry. You don't want the root drying up and getting damaged, or getting waterlogged. Both can hurt it. It's a fine line you have to walk.

At about the 6th. 7th, maybe 8th set of leaves, you should be able to see the preflowers. Girls are easy to spot...look for the 2 white hairs...the boys are tougher...look for little "nubs" or stubs with no white hairs.

Good luck!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran

They're looking good :)
I generally wait for preflowers which identify sex in veg before flowering but this may take time. Most go ahead and flower on the 30 mark and there is absolutely nothing wrong there either. I believe you should scrog with your limited height. Those two plants will work out GREAT to fill a scrog but the downfall is not knowing the sex.

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks for the sexing info. Im going to try and be patient and veg them until they show sex unless they get to 18-20inches, i will have to switch to flower.

This plant is leaving the other one in the dust. Growing at a tremendous rate, leaves exploding out from everywhere.

Attachments

• pot12 002.jpg
    pot12 002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
C

CFL_Grow

Nothing noteworthy happening. One is growing at almost twice the rate as the other but i chalk this up to being random bagseeds. Just got the cruise control on till sex'ing.

From the time i germinated these seeds we are around day 15 and this is turning into my first grow diary. Will run the course and move to the grow forum next round.

I hope the grow continues to go smooth, i have been dabbling with plants of all sorts for a long time.

Attachments

• pot14 001.jpg
    pot14 001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
  • pot14 003.jpg
    pot14 003.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
C

CFL_Grow

The runt is finally starting to take off now, it's about time. Somewhere around the 17 day mark since seed. Lights have been going off when i go to bed (peace of mind) so like a 16/8 light schedule so far. I can't wait to see if i get a female !

Attachments

• pot17 002.JPG
    pot17 002.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 9
  • pot17 001.JPG
    pot17 001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 9

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Its funny because I have a Lemon Skunk runt that's my pride and joy now. Just finished taking a few cuttings from her but back in her toddler days she was a major runt. I never thought she'd make it.

C

CFL_Grow

Hello, There are 9 lights total in the growbox. 6x26w 6500k 1x46w 5200k 1x18in T5 6500k Fouro tube and 1x18in 7500k tube. I have two electric spots left inside my box. One is for a soon to be exhaust out the back near the top for the hot air. The other slot i might add another T5 tube in for more vertical lighting. They have only had water so far, day 19ish from seed. I think today was the 5th watering. Temps in the box are usually right at 79-80F.

I Should start to learn sex soon. Going out of town early tomo morning and be back late Sunday or early Monday so i just watered them both. They should be fine for a few days i hope.

Attachments

• pot19 002.jpg
    pot19 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9
  • pot19 004.jpg
    pot19 004.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9

liquidlight

Fantastic for a first grow! I'm wondering if you might not actually need so mutch light for those two plants? You can get those 26w cfls within an inch of the plant and no harm y'know.

I've been criticised for using cardboard boxes as cabs but they're really versatile and i keep a close eye on them anyway. So i use this for starting seedlings and looking after a flowering male or a seeded female.

cardboard_box_cab1.jpg

C

CFL_Grow

I thought as long as im not bleaching leaves then more light the better. They seem to not mind. I just got back to town and they had almost grown to the lights again.

They still are not showing any sex that i can see and were on day 21 since they popped dirt. Im going to have to flip to 12/12 really soon if im going to survive the stretch with this 1 plant unless i top it or bend it over. It might be to woody for that now ? If it doubles in height i will be ok. Triple... not so much.

Attachments

• pot21 01.jpg
    pot21 01.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
C

CFL_Grow

Alright, i've installed a Brinks timer and set them on 12/12. 7PM they will get a taste of darkness. They are atleast 21 days old now and i don't know sex.

Attachments

• pot22 001.jpg
    pot22 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 9
  • pot22 002.jpg
    pot22 002.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 9
C

CFL_Grow

So after the first night of 12/12 i opened up the cab and got my first big face full of fresh herb aroma. The plants are starting to smell now :) Almost a fresh minty herb.

Getting a little bit of yellowing on the bottom set of fans on one plant. Some kind of defeciency i am assuming, or even a PH lockout.

So i pulled both plants out of the cab and PH'ed some a nute solution to 6 and gave them their first lite feeding, i guess i will see how it goes. Any other suggestion's on the yellowing leaves down on the bottom ?

Plants out of the cab after feeding. Leaves are wet from a mist so the camera played a few tricks with the light.

Attachments

• pot23 001.jpg
    pot23 001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
  • pot23 002.jpg
    pot23 002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 11
T

tokinafaty420

"Bone dry" could be a little too dry. You don't want the root drying up and getting damaged, or getting waterlogged. Both can hurt it. It's a fine line you have to walk.

Very important to pay attention to moisture levels. It IS the most important substance to a plant. When the soil starts pulling away from the edges of the containers you know you let the soil dry out too much. Plants the size of those, also depending on the pot size and humidity in your environment, you should only have to water every 2-3 days.

Latest posts

Latest posts