What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grow tents

celariom.....cmh refers to ceramic metal halide, its a kind of lamp like hps, mh......yeah those fans work well for now, I only run 1 fan with lights off because temps are fine, just to get some fresh air in there, that carbon filter i thought of is just an idea, a long shot too say the least...i will eventully get a vortex when i need too, and more than likely an Elf....I have grown before(in walk in closets) and never have used a carbon scrubber before, so I am still learning, but if I buy 1 Elf scrubber a year, im still saving like 3000 by not having to buy, so they are well worth it......I 'll try to get some more pics later on when lights come on.....Good luck at Walmart!!

G

bah walmart doesnt have it, nor does any store around here. only holmes fans they carry are 10-12 inch. cant even find any 4-6 inch fans.

im aware of what CMH is. i just dont keep up on the technology enough to know if they have made convertible bulbs for hps systems yet, like they make MH bulbs that work in HPS ballasts now. thats what i was asking.

im half tempted to just spend the 35 and get a 80CFM dayton fan since it would be ducting ready

can you find a link to the fans you have? searching for holmes 4 inch fan or desktop fan with google doesnt yield any results under 40$.

edit: ive already searched the wallmart website, and meijer, and lowes, and home depot.

and google.

yea :cuss:

Last edited:

phattybudz

Dankster: "guess theres a lack of dr150s everyones ordering them backordering 3 weeks they say DAMNIT "

Cancel your order and get it from bghydro.com? They had plenty of the 120s there...

Cel.......Sorry for not getting back too you quicker, but I was out of town for a few days.....Those fans are made by Hawaiian Breeze...I Didn't look for a link for them, but I'll check. I know for a fact I got them at Walmart about a year ago...Good luck on your search---Wedge..................Icon.........some of the hydro stores are carrying them now as I got my dr80 from one of the stores somewhat close too me...Price was 199 +tax

G

well ive scoured all of the internet i dont think anyone is selling the hawaiian breeze 4 Inchers anymore, only 6. maybe its a seasonal thing or your store had overstock.

neway, im jealous :p

6 inches would probably be fine,if your using the Dark Room, those socks for the ducting/equipment(fans/scrubber) is ingenious, no need for flanges!!

sneakinman13

Veteran
lookin good as usual zoo ...
im just curious..
are you the only one on here named zoo lander or have you been using 2 pics for your avatar on the reg??
cas i keep seeing a dif zoolander with a dif pic..
jw..
lolz

G

im using the homebox, and it has a 4 inch intake on the bottom left and a 6 inch on the top right. im trying to keep it as stealth as possible so having a 6 inch fan blowing ontop of it kinda blows the entire point.

mine use elastic bands whereas yours uses the ties. both are pretty awsome

also the 6 inch on top is right above the 4 inch rear exhaust where the vortex is so im kind of unsure about intaking air right there...although i guess it wouldnt really make a difference since its exhausting.

is it exaclty 6 inches diameter including the outer cage for the fan? or 6 inches for the blades...?

thanks forthe reply

Doughboy

sneakinman13 said:
im just curious..
are you the only one on here named zoo lander or have you been using 2 pics for your avatar on the reg??
cas i keep seeing a dif zoolander with a dif pic..
jw..
lolz

oh! and on the same note, were you once the pillsbury doughboy before your reconstruction?

Just curious :joint:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can someone tell me what the the homebox looks like compaired to the Habitat - 4 X 4. I want to make sure they sent me the right one.