What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grow tents

G

what does that mean exactly?

i understand cerammic metal hylide is more efficient, but what does spanking someone have to do with anything?

G

what are the dimensions of the carry bag it comes with?

Last edited:
G

thank you sir, much appreciated

i think ill be able to easily take it with me when i move cross country in a month. does all the material seem pretty strong? like it could take being buried under a bunch of other luggage?

G

yes neeed piccccsss!

im thinking of running mine on its side when i get it, that way i can build a desk over it. you think the top support bars can be moved to hook onto the side and hold lights that way?

Red_Nine

Zoolander...thanks so much for posting pics and info. I just ordered supplies to build an ez cloner and the only problem I can see is that I have nowhere to put it,lol. I'm just maxed out for space, but I'm sick of dealing with rockwool, humidity domes, misting, etc. The dr80 model seems perfect. I think I'm just gonna order the street model. It's just gonna have clones in it until they root. Not sure if I'll be able to get it this week or not, but when I do, I'll post pics and info on the quality. I'm not too concerned about slight light leeks or reflective material. My flower room is light tight. I may be getting one of the bigger models in the future to replace my homade black/white poly room. Wish these were out a few years ago. Or if they were, I wish I'd known about it.

celariom...good luck on your grow man! You should be able to pull it off with the light you have. Does the room you're putting the tent in have any temp control? Or in a basement? Basements are great if they aren't infested with mold and such. You're using air cooled hood I assume. I like the fact that you can put your exhaust blower on the outside, that should help a little. I think you should be able to make it work. Keep us posted. I'm curious to see what happens. Also on your last post about placing the unit on it's side. Obviously I havn't seen one in person, but if everything else allows you to do so, you could make a simple frame out of pvc. I use this on the inside of my diy room. It's self standing, only 3/4" and holds a 600 hood without even sagging. Just depends how you arrange the pvc and brace it. Just and idea.

G

hey thanks
the room im putting it in will not have any climate control other then a window, but outdoor temps will never reach above 80 where im going. i will be using an open wing reflector, but i may have to make a cooltube if im going to turn it on its side. the dark rooms are supposed to be extremely strong so i dont think a pvc frame willbe needed, and the point of it being on its side is for stealth so i dont think any external fans/filters can be used. since its 5.25 feet long, i dont think a single 400MH/HPS will have enough of a footprint to cover all that area. so a pyrex cooltube might be my only option...or to place some cfls on either end to make up for the loss. it might work though...im not really up on the math needed to figure it out.

if its 2 feet 8 inches high, how far will the footprint from a 400 MH bulb with a wing reflector reach? im thinking only about 4 feet total.

anyway please post pics as soon as you buy it cause zoolander has abandoned us! :eek:

other thoughts....would adding a cheap ass 150 HPS to the 400MH be enough to spread the light out over 5.25 feet?

or i could mount the 400 on top 2.8 feet above, and put 1 150HPS at either end. that would totally flood the shit out of the entire cab. would also make cooling it pretty interesting though....so much to think about.

Red_Nine

I'd probably add a cfl on each end for supplemental lighting. The hps would be better for sure, but I don't know how you could keep all that cool. Never know till you try though. I know you don't want to get rid of the light you have, but what about 3 150's ? That's 450 watts, but spread out along the length of the tent would be better than 1 400 I would think.

G

i agree 3 150's would be alot better i might do that and scrog the whole thing so i can keep them 6 inches above.

i hate to keep useless equipment around, but i know i couldnt get much of anything for it on ebay. and im too scared to sell stuff like that on craigslist. maybe ill just use it to cook food with

Just fyi for everyone, BGH will be carrying the DR240w 240cm x 120cm x 240cm also, there is no mention of it on their website yet but a sales rep says yes they are coming... no ETA though.

G

oh i should mention bgh will not be carrying the dr60...just thought id throw that in there too

Z

zoolander

Heres a few pix guys nothin yet but this is just to sprout seeds and root cuts in. :wave:

yo is the silver type of material the street edition or is the white material it? i jus ordered the silver 4x4 one and now im scared i ordered the wrong one?

G

the street edition has the white not really reflective material and apparantly is not completely light proof

wait so the silver one is the good one nd not the street verzion i paid 299.18 wit a 10% Discount what u guys payin for em?

Latest posts

Latest posts