What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Different strains require different heat. Or rather some will extract very completely at a much lower temperature than others. I've seen the range of necessary and effective temperatures to be from 170F-190F. If the terpenes are right around 175 will be enough to leach most everything pretty quick, yet some things pressed at 180 or so, will remain a sticky puck no matter how long or hard you press it.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Couple recent presses I've done. 220f 20 second squishes. The bud still has some green to it after 20 seconds 220f!

Squish #1
picture.php

picture.php

Squish #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

indocult

Can someone recommend me a decent press for pressing larger amounts?
I want something similar to the sasquash v.2. I don't mind a hand pump, since it's like half price of electric, but don't want air compressor pump.

Looking at low temp plates all In one, reading the bottom plate only has 1 temp control though.
Dabpress seems okay but smaller than what I want.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I am still looking for electric all in one with compressor. Kicking myself in the ass for not buying one cheap a few years ago. It was heavy as hell, and figured I would get it after I moved. Think it was 350 lbs, and only about $500.00. Any suggestions of models, or companies that sell turnkey units.

Also, can CBD be extracted the same way, just using very high CBD strain?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I am still looking for electric all in one with compressor. Kicking myself in the ass for not buying one cheap a few years ago. It was heavy as hell, and figured I would get it after I moved. Think it was 350 lbs, and only about $500.00. Any suggestions of models, or companies that sell turnkey units.

Also, can CBD be extracted the same way, just using very high CBD strain?

Look for time wizard grey fox on instagram. I got some plates from him a while back that were top quality, still use um. He builds some nice custom presses.

JRace

I do 30sec warm up with the plates about 5mm (1/5") from each other, then 3 min at full pressure.
Usually start with 200f (93c) and adjust subsequent presses depending on the results.

Humidity around 65%.

Depending on the source material I average 10-18% - and never do a second press as I use the pucks for RSO.

Best results from fresh bud (ready to smoke)

I have never exceeded 20% from buds

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I got that 4 ton dab press with the bottle Jack. I leave my temp at 175f, press either 3 gram or 6 gram puck at a time, pump it until it makes contact and let it warm for 30 sec as above, start pumping very slowly until reaching full pressure (takes about 2 min), let sit for a minute (total press time including 30 second warm up is 4 minutes), release pressure and get rid of puck. I get .9 to 1.3 grams per 6 grams of flower puck using my last outdoor harvest.

Latest posts

Latest posts