What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I ran about an ounce of 75u IWE from trim. I then pressed it thru a 25u screen with a flat iron on low. The result was good, but its not giving me the same effect as pressing flowers imo. Flowers are where its at for me. I think its tastes better, smells better, and the buzz is better. Maybe next time i will use flowers to make the IWE, and see if that makes much of a difference.
The newest method i use to enjoy bubble hash involves placing a screen over the ceramic domeless nail. Then just lay a dab of bubble on it, inhale, and remove the screen before the bubble turns black so you dont get that "ass end of bubble" taste. The black will stay on the screen, and not dirty up your nail. Torch it off the screen when your done. This method really is the best of both worlds. The taste is preserved substantially vs. turning it into rosin.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Tried some really really old shitty crappy hash that was more veg matter than anything else...rock hard...

Pressed a dark oil out of it that tasted not so good... didn't set up at all either....

Croptober

The newest method i use to enjoy bubble hash involves placing a screen over the ceramic domeless nail. Then just lay a dab of bubble on it, inhale, and remove the screen before the bubble turns black so you dont get that "ass end of bubble" taste.

Think they call this Jermichael.

Ordered a flat iron but I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for 25u mesh screens that aren't from a bubble bag or pressing screen?

Haven't found anything like that but for 12 bucks id buy a couple of these.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/medi...ubble-bags-10-0-x-9-50-inch-rosin-screen.html

EsterEssence

Veteran
I just made some for a friend, he was impressed with both the tek, and yield...Not to mention the effect...

Croptober

Had some old scissor hash from last harvest so I decided to rosin it. Not sure on the returns but they seem pretty good and I would much rather dab this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Heres some flower rosin from "Deathstar". Its been coming out pretty good with my techniques. They have changed a lot since i first posted. Lower temps, and longer presses now for sure. I go by the sound of the sizzle to know when its ready to remove from the flat iron. I am really pleased with the results. I am going to switch over to more of a specialized paper for this process to see if i get even less contaminate. Im thinking teflon sheets, or better parch type paper. I dont have any hairs or plant leafy material in the rosin, but i still feel like there may be some parch residue in there. I dont scrape anymore, i just dab it up after its cooled, and that has helped a lot i feel. Sorry for the bad pic quality.

Sunfire

Veteran
Roji, can you make 100 of those coin sized beauties is one press yet? OK as soon as I'm done with the eight other projects around here, I'm going to play with this. Gonna get the biggest shirt press I can.

You know my mom had this industrial ironing machine back in the day. It was a curved heated plate that went against a roller. You can control the speed of the roller and the temp of the plate. Something like that might be sweet if you can modify it to have a heated roller. Then you could press entire rolls of parchment.

theother

Made some Rosin last night with some bomb GDP...

Not impressed...

You gotta kind of play around with it. It's worth figuring out though. Some strains extract really well and are a great representation of the flowers flavo, others not so much. It can be about as potent as any bho I've ever dabbed though, and just from how it feels in my lungs I don't suspect it's too waxy.

Croptober

This rosin has taken my hash stash by storm. Got everything from 2nd and 3rd wash 25, 45 and 160u to kief and scissor hash.

attachment.php

Even the 2nd presses still come out nice
attachment.php

The 25,45 and 160u
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe this thread is freaky. i can hardly believe this. you have to love the innovation in this biz. kudos to the pioneers finding an alternative to butane extraction.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i have found an interesting difference in different parchment papers. i had some regular stuff, kind of thin, brand name compliments, made in Finland, then got some thicker stuff, called reynolds premium made in France. the thinner stuff seems to yield better in a hair press, but in a t shirt press the oil collects super thin with it. however, the thicker reynolds, doesnt seem to yield as well or quickly in the hair press, maybe as it is thicker it takes longer for the heat to penetrate, however in the t shirt press the thicker stuff seems to work better. a nicer zone of collection happens with it in the t shirt press, not as pressed flat or whatever is going on with the thin stuff. it may be a fast heat transfer spreads it out fast and thin. and it also does come off easier off the reynolds stuff.