What's new

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

woolybear

Veteran
is there a separate rosin from water hash thread?

raw ice hash is very sticky and doesn't dab well.

i'm experimenting with squishing as well. at the moment i'm like the 285 short press; keeps the material in one piece instead of blowing it up.

main result of the 285 squeeze is that the material becomes a lot easier to handle and dabable.

i'm getting very close to no melt on my 120u and 170u ice hash. however it isnt golden like the guys above most likely because the material was 6 months old.

fun times

Croptober

however it isnt golden like the guys above most likely because the material was 6 months old.

I think the starting material has a big role in what the rosin will look like. My food grade rosin looks nice and gold but my scissor hash rosin has a little bit darker color to it. Any body rosin their scissor hash? Took a hit of mine last night and the taste was surprisingly strong.

theother

I think the starting material has a big role in what the rosin will look like. My food grade rosin looks nice and gold but my scissor hash rosin has a little bit darker color to it. Any body rosin their scissor hash? Took a hit of mine last night and the taste was surprisingly strong.

Ya bro! I'm all over that! Swear I never cared what happened to the scissor hash and the finger hash, now I'm like put that shit in a pile! Lol good times. Any life hack that gets me dabbing tasty oil on a 5 minute break from trimming is good with me.

Once you get the hang of it there is no denying how insanely good this stuff can be. After going through all my half and no melt hash and sift, i finally moved on to flower rosin, and damn...enlightening to say the least.

I've fucked around with squishing buds cut right off the plant, which didn't go so well, but is still doable. Half to 3/4 dry buds which give an incredible fresh frozen iwe type taste. I've found a nice spongy consistency just shy of perfectly dry gives the best yield with hardly any contaminant.

The idea that I can wake up, spend a half hour to fully prep, squish, clean, and collect about a gram of super high quality full melt solventless oil...I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.

My bubble bags and sifting screens will always be used, but now nowhere near as often, especially once I get a heat press or something more capable than a hair iron. This shit is truly deserved of the trash to stash moniker.

Here is some svf bx1 x chem4 flower rosin.

Sunfire

Veteran
I'm glad you guys are dialing it in. I can't wait to get a huge press and play too! Maybe in a few months.

Are you guys using older material? I imagine there won't be any good terps left and darker color with older stuff eh?

Throw a sprig of Rosemary in there next time!! A guy on instagram, @TheFloristGroup squished some and it works! I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities for super fast and fresh essential oil extracts now. For all kinds of different applications..

99%

I wonder if this heat press bud method could be improved with a curved heated surface rather than a flat one. If the bud was first placed in a fold of parchment paper, on top of the convex surface and then pressed with a corresponding concave heated metal surface I wonder if the oils would be pressed out more efficiently.

I also wonder if the bud was chopped up fine or broken into small chunks rather than whole buds would it improve the extraction?

woolybear

Veteran

so tru. i get a nice translucent tan color when i press it out. no complaints here though

Gondo412

That's what I thought, if I try dry sift rosin then ill definitely use a 25u screen but for buds and bubble I usually don't get contaminates in it.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Be carefull with the skunky strains.....Ugh....pure Peppe-la-peu

Not tasty almost too much flavor for me...

I'm still sold on the grape ape Rosin.... It seems to really bring out the fruity flav.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
reminds me of years ago i had a pure sour diesel, man the oil from it was rank, so pungent it was unlike-able. no-one who tried it thought it was a keeper for oil, but in bud form it was pretty nice.