What's new

new england growers:regional info part 2

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I started putting plants out today - I hiked out to a spot I had prepared last summer... Hopefully We won't get any late Killer Frost. I know it's kind of early weather-wise but I had to get the plants out. I had started them last month & it was either put them out or transplant...

I had to put plants out one year on April 30th. And I'm way up at almost 45 degrees north. They made it thru 2 frosts, and grew normally(didn't start to flower) .

Green Squall

Sky rats don't operate this early, do they? Saw a statey bird zipping around town with a cylindrical object (camera?) on the landing skids 2 days in a row.

Dday391

All the websites I've seen seem toclaim they go year round.idk how realistic this is.i do know they do some training type things other than erad so maybe/ hopefully that's just the case. Msp publishes a budget with eradication efforts in it but they also say most eradication is carried out by national guard. Msp gets a whopping 70,000 dollars in eradication grants last year. So like 70k extra a year to use soley in people looking for and taking down grows. Also in the papers I found, the search is mainly western ma concentrated. So yeah most of this info is publicly available. Hope this helps

I got in June 27th a little late this year but I had to build this hoop house.

Attachments

• 8988ABE3-E5D7-4D75-8F03-F91F06825933.jpg
    8988ABE3-E5D7-4D75-8F03-F91F06825933.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2C421EAC-0879-471B-9F9B-7BBBB191962E.jpg
    2C421EAC-0879-471B-9F9B-7BBBB191962E.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 15

radioman

I am probably the "Laziest' outdoor grower here. When I was younger - I was a very "intensive" grower. Usually I would have 4 or 5 plots and always be tending them. Now I am older (age 59) so it is harder for Me physically to be able to get out and grow like I used to...
However, I really enjoy getting out in "Nature" and growing a little weed gets me out there. I suppose I could buy all my pot or try to grow more indoors during the winter but I really enjoy the "Outdoor Growing Experience"...

radioman

My plants are all female from seeds I grew myself. Originally I bought the seeds off Gypsy when He owned Seeds Direct - in 2002. I bought lots of seeds back then but this is the only variety I have left. I have grown this Dutch Passion strain in Vermont since 2003 - growing small patches. Sometimes growing seedless and sometimes just letting them pollinate each other. Sometimes growing different year's seed batches and letting them pollinate...
Now I have this strain that is so adapted to Vermont - it is so easy to grow. Last year - I didn't even start the plants - I just planted the seeds in the ground. I don't even water the plants. They will even grow in shitty soil. There are lots of males however - usually 50% and some of the plants turn purple - which I don't like. I used to think the purple ones were cool and try to breed them but now I treat them almost like a male...
Enjoy Your Summer Everyone!...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Sky rats don't operate this early, do they? Saw a statey bird zipping around town with a cylindrical object (camera?) on the landing skids 2 days in a row.

They don't fly up here, unless someone tells on you. Then they get in the whirly bird, go check and make sure plants are there. If there are plants, they send in the ground troops to get them.

How do I know that ? Cause 2 years ago an older grower I know, who has been growing his whole life on his property got popped like that. His son's ex-girlfriend dropped a dime, out of pure spite. Poor guy got popped with just over 60 plants. Thankfully only got a slap on the wrist. (NYS)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's 77F with 89% humidity and patches of rain here. Supposed to have showers on and off most of the weekend I think.

radioman

Here in (central)Vermont - We had the warmest July on record. We had a bunch of much-needed rain here last week and there is rain predicted (along with flash flooding) the next couple days...
We really need a more gentle soaking of rain but it all works out in the end. I have really been enjoying all the nice weather this Summer...

Latest posts

Latest posts