What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new england growers:regional info part 2

Question for any outdoor guys, I got slugs on my ladies two are doing fine but the GG4 is starting to get brown stems but plant still looks good. Should I just pick off the slugs? anyway to prevent them altogether?[/QUOTE]

Put some beer out for those slugs.

Bodhi Snow Lotus 200 gallon

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 12

btrees

Cape Cod, MA - outdoor strain advice?

Cape Cod, MA - outdoor strain advice?

For 2018 outdoor grow on cape cod, MA - looking for advice on strains and what companies sell online.

Im going direct in good soil in a raised garden bed. Been doing well for several seasons, except for humidity issues.

last year for me, sept got way humid and i lost a bunch due to bud rot - sour d humbolt seed co and incredible bulk - dr krippling seed was what i had going. Both fem seeds. Of the two, indred bulk did better.

Looking for any suggestions on strain and where to get. Something that does well in MA humid climate that usually rolls in sept.

Thx -B

radioman

I live in Vermont and I always plant some of the Dutch Passion outdoor strains. I have for the last 15 years or so anyway. I have also planted some of KC Brains outdoor (Mango) and that also worked out for me...

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I live in Vermont and I always plant some of the Dutch Passion outdoor strains. I have for the last 15 years or so anyway. I have also planted some of KC Brains outdoor (Mango) and that also worked out for me...

Hey radioman,

I'm planning on growing some of the Mango this year. Can you tell us all more about it please?

When does it finish for you? How's the smoke? How's it yield? Is it a low-odor plant?

I've grown a couple other strains from KC Brains, and I assume it's just as vigorous as the rest.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
For 2018 outdoor grow on cape cod, MA - looking for advice on strains and what companies sell online.

Im going direct in good soil in a raised garden bed. Been doing well for several seasons, except for humidity issues.

last year for me, sept got way humid and i lost a bunch due to bud rot - sour d humbolt seed co and incredible bulk - dr krippling seed was what i had going. Both fem seeds. Of the two, indred bulk did better.

Looking for any suggestions on strain and where to get. Something that does well in MA humid climate that usually rolls in sept.

Thx -B

Girl scout cookies do well for me outdoors in this climate.
you can go well into Oct and handle light freezes.

OGKB 2.0 oct 9th
picture.php

OGKB 2.0 oct 5th
picture.php

Pimp Juice taking some October frost last year.
picture.php

we are having a legal Gene Traders event May 6th in Freetown Ma.
I'll have over 20 of my OGKB cookies crosses available in seed form and there might be some clones too if you are early.

picture.php

Stinkhorn123

Damn Chunky that looks beautiful bro. I did some of Chimeras Cookie S1’s outdoor last year and was surprised at how well they resisted the rot for being such incredibly dense flowers. That OGKB looks at least a few weeks earlier than what I did. I may have to attend Gene traders to pick up some of those seeds or possibly even a cut. Impressive!

radioman

DuskrayTroubadour - Yes, I have grown KC Mango several times here in Vermont. It is a big, fast growing plant. Probably the tallest of the garden... I used to plant them in a "Wetlands" because everything grows like a jungle in there. The plants start to show sex a little later than the Dutch Passion seeds (around first week of august until maybe August 10th). {DP is end of July or You will get seeds}...
It takes a little longer to mature but still grows fast in the flowering stage. Never molded Very nice odor and taste when properly cured. I would say it is a better quality than the Dutch Passion Passion #1 that I always grow. I was going to cross them a couple years ago but the deer (or some animals) ate them when they were small...

radioman

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IM000420.jpg
    IM000420.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IM000418.jpg
    IM000418.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IM000380.jpg
    IM000380.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IM000379.jpg
    IM000379.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IM000378.jpg
    IM000378.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11

radioman

The Vermont/Dutch Passion - I have been growing these plants for about 15 years here in Vermont since I bought the seeds... They are real easy to grow - They have really adapted to Vermont...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

Thx -B

Another Cape Coder here. Everyone I know burned last year. Same thing.

Green Squall

Extended forecast looks good for Northern Mass. Day temps are between 50f-70f with minimal rain. Hopefully this is a prelude to a nice summer.

Will mainly be growing Iranian Auto x Freezeland along with a couple photo periods.

Soil mix is simple this year. I'm using Coast of Maine Potting Soil mixed with their Lobster Compost and Espoma Garden Tone.

If the weather keeps up, I'm thinking of planting 3rd month of May.

Good luck out there!

radioman

I started putting plants out today - I hiked out to a spot I had prepared last summer... Hopefully We won't get any late Killer Frost. I know it's kind of early weather-wise but I had to get the plants out. I had started them last month & it was either put them out or transplant...

radioman

I started these plants (Dutch Passion/Vermont) April 1 - In 6 packs under Tube Fluorescents & then under CFL's for 3 weeks... Then transplanted into cups and put under a Halide (400 watt) with a 12/12 light cycle. For 3 more weeks... I thinned the males out ended up with 21 females. I put 11 out today & the rest go out tomorrow... Then I am going to start some more but just put them out as 6 packs (unsexed). I normally don't sex them but I wanted to try something different & see what happens...