What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

p0opstlnksal0t

Thanks for all of the tips! I ended up buying that heater for the uninsulated shop portion.

Eventually I planned on turning the other part of the garage into a second flower room but I have so much tools and equipment I can't put it anywhere else. For now it must stay shop/garage.

Once I have money to build an outbuilding I'll either turn that into my grow or use the full garage and put my shop in an outbuilding.

p0opstlnksal0t

Not too much longer now

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-17-16-01-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-17-16-01-18.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Whoa... looking sick!!! would love to have such an space purposedly built for growing!

:tiphat:

p0opstlnksal0t

Well my humidity is fucked... I can't get over 25% even with my big 300 pint/day humidifier running. If I shut the humidifier down within about 20 mins my humidity drops down below 10rh... that's the amount of air exchange in the room that it vents to keep it cool.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Well my humidity is fucked... I can't get over 25% even with my big 300 pint/day humidifier running. If I shut the humidifier down within about 20 mins my humidity drops down below 10rh... that's the amount of air exchange in the room that it vents to keep it cool.

This arctic blast has totally wrecked my RH too. Some of my RH readers just have lines cause it’s so low! Lol. ftw.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've managed to get both of my foggers a 3 head and a 12 head in a 32 gallon brute trash can. This I keeping my humidity between 37-45rh it lowers when it vents and raises as it recirculates in the room. It basically recycles every 8 minutes or so

p0opstlnksal0t

This shows the cooling cycles of my vent which also shows the humidity levels as the vents open and temp drops so does the humidity. Unfortunately I can't afford to run sealed at this time so I'll have to make do on this first one or two grows before I can seal up the room and install mini splits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-05-23-33-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-05-23-33-09.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7

Miraculous Meds

This shows the cooling cycles of my vent which also shows the humidity levels as the vents open and temp drops so does the humidity. Unfortunately I can't afford to run sealed at this time so I'll have to make do on this first one or two grows before I can seal up the room and install mini splits.

I use those hydrofogger's. they do really well at quick humidification, but need a bit of space to blend into the air before they hit a surface, or they will soak it.

DJM would just dump some 5 gal buckets of water on his concrete floors, till all the plant mass exploded, and it created its own high humidity.

Wendull C.

Veteran
You are using exhaust to cool your room? Or did i misread? I have never been able to get humidity above ambient with exhuast, then with proper air exchange the ladies never seemed to mind.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Shit i dump water on the floor of a sealed room until the girls are into their 3rd week of a 50 day cherry pie. I flower small 30 a light and they just dont have the foliage to make their own moisture.
Same strain vegged 6 weeks no humidity problem at all. I actually have to turn the quest dehuey on to keep the humidity down.

Miraculous Meds

I read wendull's exhaust post and it made me think of djm's air flow situation. He brings in cold air to cool, allowing a passive exhaust thru a carbon filter for positive pressure to exhaust. I do similar into a lung room. Once ive got everything running and over half the space filled with vegetation I need some small amount of dehumidification. Without that vegetation, I need a hydrofoggger on each end of my space to keep rh correct.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've read djm's coco thread quite a bit. He did have the benefit of higher humidity in Colorado from what I remember reading. I think I'll try the water on the concrete to see how it adds humidity.

I found Don Juan on IG and it looks lie he's moved up here to Maine as a medical caregiver. I'd love to get in contact with him and pick his brain.

Right now my rh outside i's hovering around 8-12% it's crazy.

Wendull, yes I have 12" 1700cfm circulation fan pulling through a scrubber and 2x motorized dampers that operate together to close the circulation loop and exhaust out of the room when temp gets too high. This pulls in fresh air from the other side of the garage through hvac registers. The air it's pulling is usually 10-20 degrees cooler than outside temp. It's kind of acting like a poor man's lung room.

Instead of dumping the exhaust directly outside I've modified it to dump back into the lung room portion of the garage. There is a Ridge vent along with eave vents so the "lung room" portion of the garage is constantly mixing with cold as balls fresh air, but not as much now that I'm not exhausting directly outside. This is helping a little bit.

I think I can live with an average 40rh in the beginning, I can add water to the floors to get humidity higher for now. At least while outdoor humidity is so low. Once my babies have some vegetation I think this issue will disappear

palmeezy

nice build. i wanted to chime in after i saw your GG#4s.. ive grown it for years.

purple stem, single leaf Glues aren't worth putting a lot of stock into. IMO & IME. not saying to toss them but they likely have issues not related to your environment or care. when my GGs died back to that point, it was the beginning of a miserable ~18 months trying to figure out what *I* was doing wrong..

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I've read djm's coco thread quite a bit. He did have the benefit of higher humidity in Colorado from what I remember reading. I think I'll try the water on the concrete to see how it adds humidity.

I found Don Juan on IG and it looks lie he's moved up here to Maine as a medical caregiver. I'd love to get in contact with him and pick his brain.

Right now my rh outside i's hovering around 8-12% it's crazy.

Wendull, yes I have 12" 1700cfm circulation fan pulling through a scrubber and 2x motorized dampers that operate together to close the circulation loop and exhaust out of the room when temp gets too high. This pulls in fresh air from the other side of the garage through hvac registers. The air it's pulling is usually 10-20 degrees cooler than outside temp. It's kind of acting like a poor man's lung room.

Instead of dumping the exhaust directly outside I've modified it to dump back into the lung room portion of the garage. There is a Ridge vent along with eave vents so the "lung room" portion of the garage is constantly mixing with cold as balls fresh air, but not as much now that I'm not exhausting directly outside. This is helping a little bit.

I think I can live with an average 40rh in the beginning, I can add water to the floors to get humidity higher for now. At least while outdoor humidity is so low. Once my babies have some vegetation I think this issue will disappear

im also around 10% rh here but my temps arent nearly as low. had to get crafty with it. dont have pictures so youll have to use your imagination but one thing i do was take a 27gal black tote and cut some scrap pvc pieces to run across the top of the short side and then i drape pieces of sheets over each tube down into the bottom of the tub filled with water. the sheets wick it up and evap it off. works good if you blow hot air from your lights into it. its ghetto but it works to some degree.

you may be better off running as sealed as possible and adding another commercial unit. im running a commercial centrifugal atomizer as i dont really trust the giant foggers to last all that long but who knows. all i know is when i got my VPD in check things started happening fast. growth is nuts. its worth the investment.

p0opstlnksal0t

Where do you keep your temp/rh at in the flower room?

Palmeezy, the purp stems dissappeared and the gg4 exploded as soon as I got rid of the infestation and put them in coco. I do think the problems were environment. I was being ultra lazy and put the veg tent on the back burner while working on the flower room.

Does anyone see any issue with throwing rooted clones directly in the flower room into 3gal insert buckets and watering once a day until the roots fill the buckets? Usually go into 1g pots first then transplant to the bigger pots for flower but I'm in a rush to get this crop in.

Miraculous Meds

If your running perpetual, the go to is around 75f/50%. Otherwise I like to start at 82f/75%, then taper down to 70f/50% by end of flower.

I cant speak to the model that DH showed, but the hydrofogger I use comes with one. I plumbed mine to my ro system and it works great. Ill see if I can find a link.
http://www.hydrofogger.com/inc/sdetail/35
They are kind of expensive. Another brand may be cheaper. Of course, you will need a humidistat too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OLVNU...t=&hvlocphy=1019467&hvtargid=pla-321248137838

I saw amazon had an auto pilot for 33 bucks when I found the link to mine.

Mr Blah

Here in Central Maine its frigen cold woke up with -18 F...seems like for 2 weeks now.
Been doing hydro for a good 6 yrs in my garage with no heat except for a few heat pumps.
I have no sealed rooms and use 12" 1000cfm fans changing air in and out of the 7x9x7 rooms. Humidity is low for sure. I veg in a separate room that I exchange the air (lung room) every time the girls get a feeding. In fact the exhaust fan is hooked up to the timer to fire the pumps every 90 min. It stays 80f with 60% H. (that's winter time only)
When they get to the flower room I turn off the 24/7 12" exhaust (outside air) and only put it on if it gets too hot, (thermostat). 3K worth of lights keeps it warm with 40% humidity until I give them a hair cut 21 days later.

It is hard in Maine and I do suffer with less in yield, but nothing to shake a stick at.

Check PM