What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

p0opstlnksal0t

The spraying down of the concrete fixed my issue. Now that I have all the buckets in there with moist coco and spraying the concrete floor it ls maintaining around 80f and 65rh.

I'll probably have to spray the floor down once a day but fuckit I'm already had watering these girls until my drip system parts come in.

p0opstlnksal0t

It looks like I'm going to have to stop exhausting into the uninsulated portion of the garage. Because it's colder in there the humidity is condensing and sticking to all the walls and ceiling and making a mess. I will have to go back to exhausting straight out side and figure something else out for humidity

p0opstlnksal0t

ill be topping the buckets with perlite and hopefully this weekend i should have the irrigation system done.

Attachments

• 20180107_191923.jpg
    20180107_191923.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9

Mr Blah

Better days are coming...38f here today. Exhaust outside until we get an ice dumping this Sat.
Farmers almanac claims the rest of the month will be warm and the rest of the winter will be mild.

Ya but don't hold me to it...this is Maine..wait a minute, the weather will change. :biggrin:

p0opstlnksal0t

Let's hope for a mild winter. I don't like this humidity so low. Not used to the low humidity I like it around 70-75rh veg through flower.

Any of you guys use fulvic or humic acid as pH down? My well water has some serious buffering capability and I hate adding so much phosphoric acid to lower my ph.

Mr Blah

Let's hope for a mild winter. I don't like this humidity so low. Not used to the low humidity I like it around 70-75rh veg through flower.

Any of you guys use fulvic or humic acid as pH down? My well water has some serious buffering capability and I hate adding so much phosphoric acid to lower my ph.
Wow! same as what I am going through. My well water is coming out at 8.2ph and that is after the RO system.
I was using the GH PH down daily to bring into check. I choked it up to maybe the cleaning of the perlite and turface with my well water mixed with Jacks and Yaraliva running through with the correct PH was bringing it back up. Hopefully that made sense.

I am using Muriatic acid about 10-15ml a day at first than tapering off throughout the grow cycle. Which leads me to believe it is the issue of the ph out of my well to rinse off the turface/perlite.

I am going to soak (as a test) some of my rinsed medium in 5.8 water to see if I am right. Next week I will let you know my findings.

I am blaming the high PH in my well to the drought we had a few yrs back maybe causing a high concentration of calcium among other issues.

p0opstlnksal0t

picked up a 100 dollar oldie but goodie to help me get around up here. shes old, heavy and stinky but starts on the first pull every time! ha

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 8
  • blower1.jpg
    blower1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Dr. Grinspoon 3 / 17 / 16
    Dr. Grinspoon 3 / 17 / 16
    57.6 KB · Views: 20

Mr Blah

I use to have one of those back in the day. Great machine and your right, started each first pull.
Gotta have one up he'ar in Maine.
Could use a broom today. fluffy. :biggrin:

p0opstlnksal0t

Ya we had about 7" of fluffy stuff so far. It's still coming down good though. My snowblower trails are already covered with about another 1-2 in of snow. Real big fluffy flakes it's really beautiful out here when everything is covered in white.

So I'm still getting some mottled leaves and curled leaf edges. My rh is averaging around 60-65. Temp is 78-79. I think I'm still getting salt buildup even with the 12 hour and now 8 hour between waterings. Im thinking it's due to the fact that I went to such big pots. I'm using 5gal active aqua ebb n flow pots with the 4g inserts. I just did another fresh water flush aND will see if it helps.

p0opstlnksal0t

It looks like my girls are about to start touching the first row of the scrog. Probably this weekend I will staple up the first level of netting and start tucking. I'm hoping by next weekend I can flip to 12 12

Attachments

• 20180124161557.jpg
    20180124161557.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180124161649.jpg
    20180124161649.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180124161755.jpg
    20180124161755.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

p0opstlnksal0t

I think I'm showing a lockout. I let my pH get into 6.3-6.4 the last few days... any ideas?

Attachments

• 2018-01-24 19.35.34.jpg
    2018-01-24 19.35.34.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 7

p0opstlnksal0t

I think what is showing as a mag deficiency is a pH issue. I adjusted back down to 5.8 and will let it slip back up to 6.2 or 6.3 over the next day or two.

My tap is .12 ec Im using Jacks and calnit in equal volume to reach 1.3ec then I add .05 agsil and .05 fulvic

Mr Blah

I battle the same things. What's your RH?
All though mine seems to be getting better. I don't add muriatic acid daily anymore. Maybe every week now.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've started spraying down the room with the water hose every night when I check on things this has helped me raise the humidity. But it typically Cycles between 60 to 70% as the ventilation fan kicks on. It's slowly drops in a linear fashion down to around 50 to 60% RH by the time I get home from work and do it all over again.

I have used up the last of my phosphoric acid and have switched to muriatic. On my 300 gallon Reservoir I was using maybe half a bottle of phosphoric acid within a week with this muriatic acid it looks like I will only be using maybe half a cup per week

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-25-08-32-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-25-08-32-43.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts