What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

CowboyTed

Many times but not in recent years. It's been dry AF out my way.
We're getting rain and cold but not snow yet. I'm at 7K ft.

With warm water, most gals can take temps as low as 25F for an hour or so. They look like crap when they thaw out though but will survive most of the time. I've had temp reading as low as 23F and still had plants in the ground. I got up at 2AM or so to water them with warm water and they did just fine.
:tiphat:

I'm near 7000 feet too.

Thanks for the warm water suggestion! I think it got even colder here last night, but no more snow.

CowboyTed

Unfortunately I have been reduced to seed stock, so the Elite SBJ cut people are familiar with may have been lost. I have ample seed from that particular batch in cold storage to find a new mother, but one can never know if she will be quite as fine a lady, she stood out as amazing while being surrounded by strong plants. Such is our curse as growers who love to breed, time in hospitals or other institutions will often leave us at a loss.

I'm sorry about the loss.

Good luck on your hunt for the lucky pheno! I know that process can take some time, and require popping lots of seeds. I've been doing lots of reading about breeding and hunting for the best offspring, so I'd be intrigued to help you hunt and learn firsthand what I've been reading about.

If you need some cabinet space over the winter, I'd be glad to grow out some of your seedlings on my plant count. I'm experimenting with edibles lately, and I'd be happy for the kief from the rejects, even if they don't taste or smell great.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Many times but not in recent years. It's been dry AF out my way.
We're getting rain and cold but not snow yet. I'm at 7K ft.
You did get snow, but it was about 7 miles from you. ;) lol

What am I laughing at? Now I have to go put up the snow fence for the driveway. ARGH!!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning fellow Colo bud brothers. Just found this place. Looks interesting. I feel sorry for you outside growers.....always trying to get things to finish this time of year. I am at 6,000 ft and would have to start them inside and have them well on their way before moving them outside. Just not enough time..... More expensive under the lights but I make up for it with a better finished product.

I don't even remember what the inside of a dispensary looks like....

M

meowmeowmeow

Outdoor for me equaled no light bill.
Please don't feel sorry for me.

She s not dead yet just hanging out.
Today is day 70, so she's had enough.
She started flowering late July.

I'm monitoring her and if able will stretch it to the weekend, but nevertheless it'll be plentiful.

20181008_223559.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ meow, I don't really feel sorry for you. Especially not having a light bill. Growing inside certainly isn't the most economical way to grow. The cost of nutes, lights, equipment exc stings.

However, I can turn plants over every 60 days and grow all year long. Winter is when I am rocking. Don't have to worry about taking care of things outside like my lawn or veggie garden, bugs, critters and so on.

Also, it keeps me busy....no cabin fever here. There is always something to do downstairs.

If you reach out to the local marijuana community there are always cut/seeds for the taking (free). I am sure most here know that though. I have had mites twice both times from a dispensary.....no problem getting rid of them but they are cash cropping and don't care about pesticides or bugs....therefore I don't go.

My plants are in a comfortable 74f and a r/h of 50%.....it they were outside they would be freezing cold just like you would be if you were out there exposed to the elements on a wonderful day like this......

M

meowmeowmeow

I'm 90% indoor and have been to a few rodeos.
Outdoor for me is less stress and been great.

I'm quality driven, so weights, flower times and other factors are more tolerable.

I pop seeds. Fuck clones.
I make my own seeds btw.
Haven't bought a pack in well over a year.
Viva la medical card and a 12 ct until I drop the $50 on an epc. Keeping it legit. :biggrin:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ meow, by the way your plant looks great...probably could use another week or so but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Quality driven and the right strains are a must in my tents. It is what separates one from the mess that has developed in Colo, Cali and Oregon.

I have grown from seeds a few times but I simply don't have room for this male/female stuff. Growing Sweet Tooth #3 currently.....popped 4 seeds all made it but 3 were males....leaving me with dead holes....no time for that.

I have never paid for a plant, seed or a clone....being well connected is a must for me.

I have been a med card holder pretty much since the beginning.....I have an extended plant count....can legally have up to 30. I usually only have 6 at a time in flower but the veg room is where I carry lots of plants....keeping all my strains going....

I live in a very conservative neighborhood and growing outside would cause more problems than I want to deal with

Be well my friend and rock on......

krustallos

Veteran
Unfortunately I have been reduced to seed stock, so the Elite SBJ cut people are familiar with may have been lost. I have ample seed from that particular batch in cold storage to find a new mother, but one can never know if she will be quite as fine a lady, she stood out as amazing while being surrounded by strong plants. Such is our curse as growers who love to breed, time in hospitals or other institutions will often leave us at a loss.

Welcome back brotha :tiphat:

I still have your Smurph Diesel, but sadly I lost the SBJ a couple/few years ago. Loved the nose on that one.. very unique!

If you ever want the Smurph D back then hit me up!

Welcome back brotha :tiphat:

I still have your Smurph Diesel, but sadly I lost the SBJ a couple/few years ago. Loved the nose on that one.. very unique!

If you ever want the Smurph D back then hit me up!
Things are moving slow with restarting the grow, wanting to do things a little better than before, better layout, better planning, etc, but you can count on me hitting you up in the near future for that Diesel, the version of East Coast I used to do that cross is probably still my favorite that i've ever grown, pungent with that hint of citrus one expects in the background. Thanks for keeping her safe :)

Back punching a clock again, got the weight down, blood pressure mostly under control, things are definitely trending in the right direction, just gotta keep on keepin on. Actually enjoying budtending more than I thought I would, I get to spend my day helping people find products to get them the relief they need. A lot of long time smokers who are blown away by the huge variety of new things that are available on the Colorado market, everything from water soluble distillate powder to inhalers, recently tried some Chocolate from CODA that hands down was the best weed chocolate i've ever eaten in my life, a pleasure to eat, not a chore.

Oh and Miles, I figured out what happened with the chicken lady, might not have been just a temper tantrum on her part, we'll talk more in private at some point, but let's just say I should not have ever enabled any of her bad habits, because people who supply bad habits tend to be shady.

h.h.

Veteran
Cinnamon for lowering blood pressure.

Things are moving slow with restarting the grow, wanting to do things a little better than before, better layout, better planning, etc, but you can count on me hitting you up in the near future for that Diesel, the version of East Coast I used to do that cross is probably still my favorite that i've ever grown, pungent with that hint of citrus one expects in the background. Thanks for keeping her safe :)

Back punching a clock again, got the weight down, blood pressure mostly under control, things are definitely trending in the right direction, just gotta keep on keepin on. Actually enjoying budtending more than I thought I would, I get to spend my day helping people find products to get them the relief they need. A lot of long time smokers who are blown away by the huge variety of new things that are available on the Colorado market, everything from water soluble distillate powder to inhalers, recently tried some Chocolate from CODA that hands down was the best weed chocolate i've ever eaten in my life, a pleasure to eat, not a chore.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning Colo... You outdoor growers are gonna have a tough time this weekend. Tomorrow is gonna be a cold one.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello

I'm a new to Colorado grower so hopefully I can post here. :)

welcome!

here are some pre-harvest pics:
picture.php

^ lime cookies bubba

picture.php

^ volunteer plant, probably skywalker og x wulf

picture.php

^^ Wulf CBD hemp in the field

picture.php

^ cherry wine x wulf CBD hemp

picture.php

^ digging a pond! also putting up 8ft tall game fencing - in case harvest season wasn't busy enough

Latest posts

Latest posts