What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

M

meowmeowmeow

The sad thing is (As I have ran 3 KL strain s last year) most places won't sell truly valued (elite) blah blah blah cuts.

You can obtain better if you network I have found....cough IG cough cough.

I prefer popping seeds myself.

Hydro8

I tried out the goji x. queen mother they had, wasnt bad but wouldnt run it again.

Anyone have a recommendation for clones beyond KL? I like to be able to just pick up one offs to try something new, so picking up at a retail spot is nice, but i cant say i have ever been impressed by the end results.

When I get the ability to PM I will send you someones # that usually has about 20 different clones/strains, I have been having good luck with them.

I have been thinking of trying that place in Longmont they are a "club" but have certain days that sell to the public. They have a good collection but have a mixed reputation.
Then I think does anything good come out of Longmont ?

I have access to a bunch of purple punch crosses but its from a out door that has p.m. Issues and aphid problems. I like kind loves bio diesel it is vary nice outdoors

samiam

omg like root aphids! I'll take cuttings with mites any day, but root aphids oh hell no.
I got 9 lb hammer, BDxGS, alien og, gg, 91 chem.

X

xavier7995

Oh yeah, the underground and IG scene is certainly where its at. Meow, i fully back that view and agree that retail places arent going to be putting up elites. I was hoping something had changed and maybe some retail place had an option. Will scope out wrongmont, there is a spot in ned i have been curious about as well, but i seem to only wind up up there on family trips. I saw something about top dawg varieties available at bgood locations, but no clue if it is genetics or just flowers...or if that association is even accurate.

On the hunt for a replacement for wife weed, clones didnt make it through a move and then the plant didnt reveg. It was trop cookies so weird flavorful cookie crosses here i come. Popping seeds i made of it and some might pan out and hit those flavor notes. Damn womens dont like my sativa searches so here i am.

Edit: i do give props to KL as the clones i have gotten were always clean. I heard recently that wasnt the case, but my experience was good in that regards.

CowboyTed

y'all feeling that nip in the air? aspens turning and whatnot.... scissor season is right around the corner!

Scissor season is HERE!

I harvested a small Purple Voodoo today. It was the first of my outdoor plants to go into bloom, roughly a week earlier than the other two.

I also harvested one cola from a Shark Shock/G-Funk cross. I'm trying to learn when to harvest, so I'm going to take a cola off that plant each week until I harvest the whole thing. I want to learn what the buds are like as the weeks progress.

M

meowmeowmeow

If you have mites use gas and a match.
Imo thats just bad IPM. Trust me I've battle many non benefical insects and mites were the worst.
The fact that they suck the life out of a plant makes the likely hood of success less obtainable.

From my experience keep any talk of personal exchanges in the private message on here. I've been hand slapped for mentioning shit. This is still an Intl forum. Just some friendly advise.

Back to plants I've always be lucky and got wayyyyyy better results popping seeds.

Fuck KL. That place is toxic. I've got way more fire cuts from networking on here. Met some nice cannabis enthusiasts off here. Good peeps.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
SatsumaO

SatsumaO

This one is Satsuma "Orange Pheno". I cut the cola a couple weeks early so I can dry and smoke test. It smells like peeling an orange and is very sticky so I have hopes for it.

M

meowmeowmeow

Poochie love day 61/75

Poochie love day 61/75

20181002_143405.jpg

20181002_143355.jpg

20181002_143346.jpg

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m on Colorado now guys. Looking for a grow job too. I made thread in the Colorado forums with some of my resume and a bunch of pictures of my work. Check it out if you’re hiring.

M

meowmeowmeow

Good luck $12-13 s a mother fucker to live on around here. I speak from experience.
I make more not working in the industry anymore.
I would return only as a consultant or owner.
Industries a shit show imo.

Try indeed there s plenty on there.

A certain fellow who loved his own strain, Smurphberry Jam, way too much, is back. Nice to see some familiar faces, and friendly looking new ones.

If I sudddenly vanish, assume the mental health center has recaptured me.

Hope that Smurphberry is doing well.
Unfortunately I have been reduced to seed stock, so the Elite SBJ cut people are familiar with may have been lost. I have ample seed from that particular batch in cold storage to find a new mother, but one can never know if she will be quite as fine a lady, she stood out as amazing while being surrounded by strong plants. Such is our curse as growers who love to breed, time in hospitals or other institutions will often leave us at a loss.

CowboyTed

I'm hoping this cold snap will encourage this lady to finish maturing. Colorado growers will have seen this scene before, I expect:

picture.php

M

meowmeowmeow

Pulled her

Pulled her

Day 69 she got a little wet and cold yeaterday.
Archive seed bank s Poochie love - PNW Dogshit x Faceoff bx1.
Hit the 40s last night and I drug her iin this morning.
Pulled her inside for 2 days then large defan and cut.
Drying in a tent low, cold and slow.
20181008_223559.jpg

20181008_115334.jpg

20181008_115310.jpg

Hydro8

Nice looking garden spot CowboyTed !

@meowmeowmeow What a responsible plant owner ! Bring her in when it gets cold, but then you had to kill her.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hoping this cold snap will encourage this lady to finish maturing. Colorado growers will have seen this scene before, I expect:

View Image

Many times but not in recent years. It's been dry AF out my way.
We're getting rain and cold but not snow yet. I'm at 7K ft.

With warm water, most gals can take temps as low as 25F for an hour or so. They look like crap when they thaw out though but will survive most of the time. I've had temp reading as low as 23F and still had plants in the ground. I got up at 2AM or so to water them with warm water and they did just fine.
:tiphat: