What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

God damn the pueblo county sheriff's office is going crazy raiding people down here. They keep saying that they don't have paperwork to back up their claims so I'm hoping that they mean that extended plant counts are ok as long as you have them.

MileHighGlass

I don't understand why you BUY worms. What is wrong with digging them up? I was pulling weeds the other day and couldn't believe the numbers of worms and there are red-wigglers, night-crawlers and plain old earth-worms in massive numbers out already. Look under your compost pile...I found one night crawler that was just under a foot long and big around as my pinky...I really want to go fishing now.

Where I am there are literally no worms. Think newer sterile subdivision where everyone sprays everything on their lawns to keep weeds and pests away. I'm not even sure I would want a worm from my current soil. I am moving in the next few months to the mountains where I will not have to buy another worm ever again.

Where I lived before I had thousands and thousands of worms every where. Not the case here.

Compost pile? As if the HOA would let me have a compost pile. :)

Pretty much sucks balls to live where I live.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God damn the pueblo county sheriff's office is going crazy raiding people down here. They keep saying that they don't have paperwork to back up their claims so I'm hoping that they mean that extended plant counts are ok as long as you have them.

http://www.pueblo.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/399

Sec. 17-15-8. Medical marijuana cultivation performance standards.
All medical marijuana cultivation uses, including optional cultivation premises and home
cultivation, shall comply with the following performance standards:
(1) The optional cultivation premises shall be contiguous to the associated medical marijuana
center or medical marijuana infused product manufacturing facility.
(2) The facility shall demonstrate compliance with all applicable building codes, including but
not limited to the health, building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, sign, fire and other codes,
statutes and ordinances.
(3) All grow operations shall be conducted in an enclosed building or greenhouse. Outdoor
grow operations shall be prohibited.
(4) Grow operations shall not be located in a structure that contains a residential use.
(5) It shall be unlawful for any patient or primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana until he or
she has first registered the location with the Pueblo Police Department and presented his or her
state medical marijuana registration identification card to the Police. This information shall be a
confidential record and shall be exempt from the Colorado Open Records Act, as required by
House Bill 10-1284.
(6) In addition to the above requirements, home cultivation uses shall also comply with the
following:
a. Growing permitted for registered patients that are residents of the dwelling.
b. The registered patients must live at the property used for cultivation.
c. Sale, transferal or other distribution of any portions of the plant, product, byproduct, etc.,
associated with home cultivation shall be unlawful and shall require a medical marijuana center
license.
d. The number of plants shall not exceed what's allowed by Amendment 20.
e. It shall be unlawful for any patient or caregiver to cultivate marijuana using carbon
dioxide at any concentration above ambient air concentration for 4,900 feet above sea level.
The use or storage of other hazardous chemicals must be approved by the Fire Department.
f. A copy of the registered patient's state medical marijuana registration shall be posted in a
conspicuous place within three (3) feet of the place where the marijuana plants are cultivated.

Funny how they note that the restrictions include "home cultivation" then specifically say "Grow operations shall not be located in a structure that contains a residential use. " so that's saying it has to be in a separate structure like detatched garage or shed or something IF it's at your home.

Where I am there are literally no worms. Think newer sterile subdivision where everyone sprays everything on their lawns to keep weeds and pests away. I'm not even sure I would want a worm from my current soil. I am moving in the next few months to the mountains where I will not have to buy another worm ever again.

Where I lived before I had thousands and thousands of worms every where. Not the case here.

sounds like you belong in the country .....
:D

Last edited:
It doesn't seem to be happening in the city of pueblo, just the county. I think there are regulations on caregivers growing no more than 36 in certain zones and 18 in others. I don't think they put any limitations on individual patients extended plant counts. Even if they did I think it would be just a fine type situation. I probably should go talk to a lawyer just to be safe.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It doesn't seem to be happening in the city of pueblo, just the county. I think there are regulations on caregivers growing no more than 36 in certain zones and 18 in others. I don't think they put any limitations on individual patients extended plant counts. Even if they did I think it would be just a fine type situation. I probably should go talk to a lawyer just to be safe.

read the county code,
it took me no more than 10 minutes to pull the above section out of the city municipal code
imo: inform yourself before going to the lawyer - know where you stand first...
also, if you have an extended plant count... contact the doctor who issued it to you and ask them how they support their patients who may (or do) have conflicts with the law. it's my understanding that if someone has a cannabis doc that's willing to show up in court on justify for your medical necessity for extra plants there is a good chance a person can beat charges.

Jhhnn

Veteran
http://www.pueblo.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/399

Funny how they note that the restrictions include "home cultivation" then specifically say "Grow operations shall not be located in a structure that contains a residential use. " so that's saying it has to be in a separate structure like detatched garage or shed or something IF it's at your home.

sounds like you belong in the country .....
:D

There's a legal difference between a grow operation & patient/ caregiver growing.

The worst part of it is that patient/caregivers must inform the police & that patient/ caregiver growing is legal only for people who live on the premises. You can't use your mother's plant count who lives across town.

It all means they'll fuck with you if you comply & fuck you harder if they catch you if you don't. Standard chickenshit.

That's why I haven't taken it beyond what A64 allows. Those rules are simple & universal state wide. A20 & Colorado Home Rule turn MMJ into a trick bag.

If this is under the heading of "cultivation", where does that leave me starting plants in my house then transferring them to unattached secured grow areas that you can't see in. My "cultivation" is out-door only, but can that be twisted to make me hurt???

(3) All grow operations shall be conducted in an enclosed building or greenhouse. Outdoor
grow operations shall be prohibited.
But then city council has this new rule that outlaws greenhouses...Where is the definition on these rules that seem to have complete disregard for the state constitution???

Grab a bucket and small shovel and head down to your nearest creek. Find some damp earth about 5-6 feet away from stream and dig. Give them a good washing in fresh water if you are worried about other bugs. They eventually help cure the chemical problems.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a legal difference between a grow operation & patient/ caregiver growing.
true,
but that doesn't stop the city of pueblo (or any other city/county) from regulating them as if they are the same....

(5) It shall be unlawful for any patient or primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana until he or
she has first registered the location with the Pueblo Police Department and presented his or her
state medical marijuana registration identification card to the Police. This information shall be a
confidential record and shall be exempt from the Colorado Open Records Act, as required by
House Bill 10-1284.
This one messes with me the most. The city/county doesn't have the authority to over-rule state statutes concerning medical (pre amendment 64) which still continue to hold power over the lesser jurisdictions...And who the H311 would be dumb enough to tell the pueblo piglet society anything more than please go f^#% your-self kind sir???

Sorry I must edit...too stoned to be coherent???
The only reason I decided to go ahead and get a medical lic. almost 6 years ago is because the legislators added the neat part about it being illegal for any state law enforcement to gather records on grows and that they must be kept confidential according to HIPA regulation...Maybe a $100million law suit under HIPA violation might wake up the idiots down at Pueblo Pig Depot??? This is why I keep my license.
Everything about this seems SHADY and against the state laws. Just no-one has shoved their faces in it yet.
They are not even allowed to request any info off your lic. beyond if it is current, and if it has an extended plant count (they are not even allowed to ask the number) once they encounter you and determine you have a license. That is all that is allowed to be shared as set forth by state statute...The cops even have to give the state the address first to confirm it...the rules WERE that tight. Has something changed on all of that that I have missed? If so then I am even more glad that I voted against 64...It just felt wrong for some reason that just might be becoming clear now.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
read this one:
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...DAE0B187257F2400644F05?Open&file=1079_eng.pdf

regulates organic cannabis, provides for a pesticide certification program
(another bill would allow MED to destroy plants exposed to pesticides in any grow, licensed or private: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2016a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont2/381BEE32C187C5F687257F4000605C84/$FILE/1266_01.pdf

how about this one? to regulate edibles "shaped in a manner to entice a child"
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...8A5B88187257F4C007B959D?Open&file=1436_01.pdf

edibles can't be shaped like men, animals, or fruit

some of these are moving quick in the co - always shady imo.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how about THIS one?
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2016a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont2/63999D525CD8142D87257F37005F8073/$FILE/1211_01.pdf
creates a NEW class of licenses for marijuana TRANSPORTERS
imo this is a BIG opportunity to get in on GROUND FLOOR of the cannabis industry... a COMPLETELY NEW TYPE of cannabis license - one in which NO knowledge, production, sale or contact even with cannabis is neccessary, it's just for transporting, basically communicating with buyers sellers and the state and moving weed for mips, grows, and shops.....
just like the clubs (which is still not sure how that will play out) this is something where a person with some $ to get in on ground floor as an opportunity, especially because as a transporter you dont need a grow location, sale location.
i haven't read the transporter bill well, but im posting it here for any inquiring minds....
to provide ME some cliff notes :D

Yeah, that's the thing with these plant count limits. It's in the constitution that you have an affirmative defense if you have a higher plant count. So the constitution should override anything that the local dumb fucks put up, other than maybe fines for not staying up to code, but it shouldn't be anything criminal if you've got your count. I was reading elsewhere yesterday that they will subpoena the doctor that signed your card if you're caught up in anything so they basically have to come. Not sure how true that is, but something to look into more. I need to reup my card by next month and I found a doctor that will come to court so it looks like I'll be going there.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if they are subpoenaing doctors.... thats something totally new.
as for "affirmative defense" that's going to work well against criminal charges - but cops chop gardens even for zoning code violations - so basically IF you fight it in court you are fighting for damages (recoup the cost of plants wrongfully cut down) not as defense of criminal charges.

Shit that's all I really care about. Plants will regrow, a felony record stays. The thing for me is I've got extra AC's outside my house which most people probably wouldn't notice, but with all of these busts happening people may start paying attention to that. I guess getting friendly with your neighbors may not be a bad idea.

MileHighGlass

Shit that's all I really care about. Plants will regrow, a felony record stays. The thing for me is I've got extra AC's outside my house which most people probably wouldn't notice, but with all of these busts happening people may start paying attention to that. I guess getting friendly with your neighbors may not be a bad idea.

Yeah AC's running in the dead of winter tend to be a dead giveaway. :)

That was the one thing I couldn't hide when I lived in the South. Luckily I lived in the woods and had no visible neighbors.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Not sure what to make of it, but my Excel bill always says that I use more Sparks than my neighbors do?????

I pay my bills. So what is the big deal?

Excel says that they are hitting the wall on 'supply availability', and network capability. THIS,,, and my bills are Always less than $300 a month. and that # includes water, as well.

I guess my neighbors must live in the dark and read by candlelight? Really? I wonder what they say to the warehouse growers that use hundreds of times more than I.

I'll shut up now. Guess I'm being a bit paranoid.

Jhhnn

Veteran

Getting friendly with the neighbors is usually a good idea. Once they figure that you're alright they'll pay less attention to you in general.

All my neighbors love our tomatoes & cucumbers. They also know who's the first guy to ask for a jump start if they need it in the winter or ask to watch out for them when they're gone on vacation.

Don't let the yard go to Hell- it's the first thing they'll get pissy about.