What's new

New Cloning Method. Only takes 3 to 5 day.

Craven_au

Then I can already tell you haven't even tryed this method.. how ignorant....

I am trying it just sound to good 2 b true. it would make a good joke.

doing it but with some differences i used ph adjusted tap water and a drop of oxy plus in a 500ml spray bottle and just used the new roots growing out of the bottom of the pot. I manege to get 2 roots in each clone

My mum did bud so i don't no how it will affect the graft.

fdg

fdg

wouldn't work The two parts have to be compatible
need the cannabis roots to a cannabis top

Well, you can graft marijuana to the hops plant also, its in the same Cannabaceae family. Don't think it really has a good purpose though, since each plant retains its own characteristics.

Would be cool for a home brewer/home grower to use one plant for both drugs tho! Just for fun of course.

P.S. Could someone try nylon please for the hell of it? I don't have access to my mother right now.

:thanks:

Hey zero.kewl, anyway you could show us a clone whose graft has already taken?

Does the root actually grow to the cutting like a successful graft, or does it just wick until other roots grow?

Any you can get a good closeup pic of the graft spot?

Thanks

H

Hazyfontazy

i cant see the point ,,if u stick the clone in water it will root anyway in around 3 days ;) the grafted root is just wicking ,,

maybe better to perfect your bubbler ,,,brown slime is usually incorrect temps,,try 72 degrees ,no nutes and ph6,0 ,,make sure the stems are touching the water

zero.kewl

i cant see the point ,,if u stick the clone in water it will root anyway in around 3 days ;) the grafted root is just wicking ,,

maybe better to perfect your bubbler ,,,brown slime is usually incorrect temps,,try 72 degrees ,no nutes and ph6,0 ,,make sure the stems are touching the water

LoL 3 days my ass... And brown slime is cause by light not heat. heat adds to it. but with out light.....

It may do both... wick and at the same time graft..... It works... and really if it wicks it works... think about it and look at the first page were i took both cuttings and plucked the root back out of the bigger one and stuck it n the same water level... the one with the root lived the other than i plucked died....

zero.kewl

the grafted root is just wicking ,,

lololololol

thats the point hahahaha.... just wicking?????? ok im done talking to you hehehe

zero.kewl

picture.php

View image in gallery
thats my try
ill let u know in a couple of days if it works. i hope it does cos rockwool takes so long

It should be ready to try out.. and if you would it might really help with sum of the nahhsayers.. try letting the water level go just a tad bit under the stem so waters only touching the root.. and post in about an hours if you can.. a clone out of water for an hour should wilt the only way it will work is if the roots doing its job

thanks bro.

p.s dont take the clone out just tightin the bottle of water a bit till a few drops overflow from the top... careful with that root tho.. shes held on by very few cells at this point. its "mostly" (not all) the string keeping her on there but it should work...

She hasnt wilted has she?

zero.kewl

I am trying it just sound to good 2 b true. it would make a good joke.

doing it but with some differences i used ph adjusted tap water and a drop of oxy plus in a 500ml spray bottle and just used the new roots growing out of the bottom of the pot. I manege to get 2 roots in each clone

My mum did bud so i don't no how it will affect the graft.
your tapes coming off it might cause the split in the stem to bow out and undo the graft let the water level fall a tad and you tell me if it work. and to be far why not set it up lke this

take one of those clones and pop out the root.. make the waterlevel so its just under both stems stick it in your grow room and tell me if it worked.. the one with out the root should die in alittle over an hour mabe 2.

zero.kewl

Hey zero.kewl, anyway you could show us a clone whose graft has already taken?

Does the root actually grow to the cutting like a successful graft, or does it just wick until other roots grow?

Any you can get a good closeup pic of the graft spot?

Thanks

Over time about 6 to 7 days it should be strong enof to tug on a bit with out coming off. but as far as wicking goes.. isnt that what a root is???

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Okay so you split a clone find some roots stick them up in there and close her back up?
3 Days later what happens ?
The roots come to life and attach to the clone or the clone comes to life and grows roots ?
Its a neat system would take a lot of time to do this for 100's of clones, but i normally split all my clones up the center stalk as part of my cloning technique.
Would be easier to have a hydro Mommy for this technique you could grab from above and below.

zero.kewl

I slept on it and the drought risistant experiment probably would not work. Drought resistance may have just as much to do with the way a plan transpires moisture through its leaves.

I also have to think of how plants give off substances through their roots to discourage other plants from growing near them.
So, obviously the stem of the grafted plant will start to shoot out roots. Now are the grafted roots and the top roots going to have a war to see who dominates the plant?

And, yes hops can be grafted as the cannabis and hops are compatible, but I believe all experiments have shown that the top has to be the cannabis to end up with any appreciable thc.
I believe most of the hops/cannabis experiments were looking for a way to grow hops and end up with thc, so you could make a stealth way of producing mass quantities. I may be wrong though, the stronger root system angle may have been also investigated.

what the fuck are you talking about? I study quantum and i have no clue to what your talking about... that just sounded like blah blah blah blah.

BTW ill bite... if the giving said mother plant and cutting are one in the same. and on other said plants that grow new roots out of the stem. id have to serf-ice that because one doesnt try to cleff the in twain the other might not as well.

Bumble Buddy

Nice idea zero.kewl, this technique might have utility for certain hard to clone strains, or perhaps for some added insurance in rooting a prized specimen, or maybe in saving specimens with root diseases. (really though, don't be so hostile please, a lot of the people you are slagging are just posting their thoughts honestly and trying to think this through :wave:).

Q

quest

what the fuck are you talking about? I study quantum and i have no clue to what your talking about... that just sounded like blah blah blah blah.

BTW ill bite... if the giving said mother plant and cutting are one in the same. and on other said plants that grow new roots out of the stem. id have to serf-ice that because one doesnt try to cleff the in twain the other might not as well.

So

zero.kewl

Nice idea zero.kewl, this technique might have utility for certain hard to clone strains, or perhaps for some added insurance in rooting a prized specimen, or maybe in saving specimens with root diseases. (really though, don't be so hostile please, a lot of the people you are slagging are just posting their thoughts honestly and trying to think this through :wave:).

well said sorry im drunk high and not getting any right now....

zero.kewl

Sorry, didn't know you were a scientist.
I guess you passed right by kindergarten English on your way to quantum physics

lazy dont mean idget boy..

p.s it would be English not english....

and again didnt mean to be mean. and really what stonger uses proper english anyway.. wouldnt that be a tad hypocritical?