What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new Cali med laws for dummies - or why you are done growing next year

Some are saying its a good idea to form a collective even though collectives will be absolved 1 year after everythings in place...this confuses me...I know theyre given "priority" but I wonder if they really mean they wont consider you otherwise...

March 16 2016 is currently the deadline for counties to put in their own regulations otherwise they default to state law. What I dont understand is is this the same thing as county ordinances, eg., square footage and plant count limits

Another thing I'm still trying to figure out: to get a state license your county has to give you an ok...what does that even mean? What is the protocol? For places other than Humboldt/Santa Cruz etc. I have no idea how that works...I guess thats where a lawyer comes in handy...

Then theres water board compliance (still dont know what that is) and getting a business license with business bank account...registering with the board of equalization...showing that you pay taxes (lol) and being in compliance by 1/1/2018

Lots to consider

Last edited:

furrywall11

Another thing I'm still trying to figure out: to get a state license your county has to give you an ok...what does that even mean? What is the protocol? For places other than Humboldt/Santa Cruz etc. I have no idea how that works...I guess thats where a lawyer comes in handy...

Lots to consider

I don't think anyone knows what the requirements are yet, except for no drug convictions. I'm wondering if they're going to require you to show legit liquidity like they do in Colorado. Like you have to show them you have 50k in the bank in legit funds to prove that you have the means to utilize the grow license.
It's going to be a whole new game, that's for sure..

redlaser

Veteran
There was a meeting in Nevada City that had representatives of banking, fish and game and some government reps along with others to try and clear up questions related to new regulation. Hosted by hezekiiah Allen I think, it was broadcasted on kvmr 89.7 radio, will probably be a podcast on their site. Cities and counties will still be able to enact bans regardless. There will be different sized licenses for commercial growers but as i understood it, there will the right to grow personal as well as up to five of your patients. ( again only if city and county permits it) a banking rep said banking issues being worked on, but gave a locations where cash deposits are accepted on certain days or day. Water issues and grading in a nutshell would be to get up to code if you want to operate legally, supposedly alot more manpower and money is currently focused on the triangle area. Alot has yet to be decided but its worth listening to, even though a lot of issues were only briefly touched upon. The congressmans rep said several times the March 1 date was a mistake and shouldnt have been included and that efforts to fix it were happening. They did mention someone was already registered somewhere, not sure about the details

Last edited:
There was a meeting in Nevada City that had representatives of banking, fish and game and some government reps along with others to try and clear up questions related to new regulation. Hosted by hezekiiah Allen I think, it was broadcasted on kvmr 89.7 radio, will probably be a podcast on their site.

Here is the link.

http://archive.kvmr.org

Scroll down to Cannabis Policy Summit from Wed Dec 9th. Really worth listening to if u wanna be a part of the game in the future around here.

Im in gold country but not nevada city, limited bandwidth, does this podcast still apply to me, thanks

The information applies to anyone thinking of going legal in the state. They are taking this "Summit" around to different areas. I think they said this was the 20th county they have done so far. Its a good taste of whats coming...

In regards to the three tiered water board regulations:
Theyre based off of acreage. Are they referring to garden space or property size?
He just said the third tier is 10k a year in licensing fees (>1acre)

"Operations that occupy or disturb x"

They cut the podcast off right there... @ 1h 20m

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
In regards to the three tiered water board regulations:
Theyre based off of acreage. Are they referring to garden space or property size?
He just said the third tier is 10k a year in licensing fees (>1acre)

"Operations that occupy or disturb x"

They cut the podcast off right there... @ 1h 20m

when it was broadcasted live on 12/9 it was two hours long, with only station id as interruption.

Its gotta refer to the garden, that would make no sense to tax people that hard just for property size...but an acre is 43000 sq ft...I dont think theres even a license for an op that big? Maybe theyre anticipating multiple licenses...

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this nagging sensation that we are completely fucked. jan 1 is not far off.

royally fucked brother.

if we don't act we are leaving the door open for big tobacco or some rich corporation - whats going to go down, isn't in our favor.

Medical Cannabis will be shadowed sooner than we can imagine.

CCHI2016!

Just to clarify: if your garden does not occupy or disturb 1,000 sq ft you do not need to apply for tier 1 water board order @ 1,000$ per year, anything larger between .25 acre will be tier 1, tier 2 is .25 acre to 1 acre @ 2,500$ a year, and tier 3 will be anything over an acre @ 10k a year. They say this will also apply to recreational. For additional information and to get in compliance:

http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/water_issues/cannabis/index.shtml

I don't buy the fear mongering...these are much needed changes

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
This is WHAT I have been talkin about in my thread on Stop Big Weed! Its over for the homegrower even in legal states! Act before its too late! If you supply people get them on board or its over! Voting is the only way to control the future of legalization!

Big Weed will control you and they if you are unable to stand up and speak now!

furrywall11

People are scared of the unknown, especially as it pertains to supporting family and maintaining the lifestyle one has grown accustomed to. At this point, as far as I know, the government hasn't released the criteria for being eligible to get one of these commercial grow licenses. If it turns out that it's something that is fair and doable well hell yea!!! I'll be all over it..myself and my friends love growing cannabis and would be perfectly comfortable with kicking down %50 of our proceeds to the government if it means we can grow 2x as much, not look over our shoulders constantly and, deposit our well earned money into the bank. The hitch is we're all used to getting burned by politicians and the corrupt system so it's challenging to imagine the licensing system being fair...but, let's give it go..I'm envisioning the powers that be seeing that the table is big enough for all of us to eat at, cannabis is a unique plant and, we can all thrive from the proceeds that come from it's cultivation. Hope springs eternal...

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
May I remind you, there are now, and will remain, many ban counties/cities!
The black market is all we got!
:biggrin:

Z

z-ro

and, deposit our well earned money into the bank. ...

There's your problem right there. If by some chance the bank does except your money you can count on your account being frozen/seized some point shortly there after, but I promise no bank is gonna except a briefcase full of cash knowing it came from a grow, permitted or not. And until I can 'safely' do that it's still illegal imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts