What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia Standard, Outdoor grow!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000003 (8).JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	17882614
Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000004 (7).JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	17882615
Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000005 (4).JPG Views:	0 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	17882616

Hopefully the pictures are here now?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So glad you can all see them now. The only thing i did differently was to post them as "large" rather than "full size". They'll all just be large from now on!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
HI TexasTea, I topped her at the fourth internode and pulled her over to horizontal when she first went into the soil ( waited till the roots were down). Since then, i've been using wire stakes bent into a inverted "u" and pushed into the ground. Every day i go out and repostion the stakes or add new ones if requirred. Once she's large enough, ill remove all the stakes, chuck a net over her and then let her grow through that, the net will give stability. There might even be a second net, depending on the stretch. Once the stretch is finished the i will remove the small branches and lower bud sites that wont be getting much sun. Well, the the plan at least.

Tonight my wife, my daughter and myself are off to a proper outdoor party/rave. So excited about dancing with several hundred like minded souls in the beautiful spainish mountains. I doubt i'll be online for a couple of day's. Have a great Solstice!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a great sight to start the summer time :smoke: Enjoy the party with the family and friends!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Buzz, Just one plant! All the pussy rats are good, although my best cat Martin, was got by a dog recently. Thankfully she is now ok.

Amazzing party the other night; Dancing till 5am!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
For anyone interested in my method of training the plants into a low(ish) growing bush, take a look at my last post in the Panama thread. I've done some before and after training shots and a close up of how i intertwine stems.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So, another week has flown by. The daytime temperatures have shot up over the last week and already today at 11.30am, we've got 31.5c; Today's going to be hot! I've had a lovely week, pottering in the flower/vegetable garden, we managed to get to the beach (totally wild and unspoiled and without tourists) twice, siesta every afternoon and an hour in the sun in the late afternoon. It's a hard life being retired! Today i have to clean our small pool! And tomorrow i have to feed my nieghbours donkeys!

S6000002 (7).JPG

As well as all the above, I've been out in the blazzing sun everyday training my young lady.

S6000005 (7).JPG

S6000006 (4).JPG

It looks like I'm probably going to have to remove the Agapanthus, either today or some point very soon. Yesterday evening i was out with my garden shears, removing more of the hedge to accommodate her rapid growth. She received her first light feeding 2 days ago.

Yesterday, whilst taking some time out from my busy schedule, i went up the mountain a little way to visit some friends, have coffee and a smoke. They are one of the two people that i gave one of my young plants to.
For two weeks they kept the plant in the pot and continued with the LST. Since it went into the ground it has not been trained and is now waist hieght and looking lovely. The internodile gap is a little larger than my plant. They are growing her alongside of two modern style hybrid plants, Something called Runtz and i forget the name of the other (probably because i have no interest in this modern bland shit that they pass off as cannabis nowadays!), (I grew up in the 70s in the UK. Weed was rare but when we got it, it was the real deal landrace sativas. We had a lot of good hash when i was a lad!). All 3 their plants are a very dark green. They are being grown on land where the horse shit is dumped. I'm wondering if that might be a little too strong and delay flowering?. Unfortunately i didn't take any pictures but will when i next visit. The difference between the New Caledonia and the hybrids is very striking.
Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get to visit the other friends who had the other plant and get some photos of her too. I'm quite excited about seeing her as they've let her go straight up after my initial training.