What's new

NEW.BOG Preservation Project.

P

Peat

Chili_berkster said:
A good smoke test will always weed out the non desireables.
:chin:

That's deep... :smoke:

works for plants too...

Last edited:

dwtc

Friar Tuck said:
Well it just keeps getting better. Another Southern kindness package arrived. This time, it's a mixed pack of 25. Let me run it down for ya's.

SD IBL
Chemdog DD
JLP's Mississippi Mud
OG Bx1 (x) SD IBL
Strawberry Diesel
Reefs Cherry Bomb II
NL/OGKush (x) Pure Kush
(OGBx1)NL/OGK (x) OGK
Gno3's C99
C99 S1
SourDiesel V3

That's 11 kick ass strains folks! These should be fun to grow out, to say the least!
I'm expecting one more package, and should be shipping my bulk across the pond by Monday/Tuesday the latest. Last package I'm waiting for will have 3 packs of HTC Skunk IBL (x) Lisa Marie, and 10 packs of Cherry Slyder (x) Deep Chunk!

Very humbling to see such an outpouring of kindness from everyone involved! I'm blessed to be part of this of community.

:ying:

theres one more chimera graipfruit x dj short blueberry :muahaha:

southwind i hope you are feeling good my friend. sending out massive positive vibes your way.

stay safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

G

grapepunched

BUMP for positive vibes and wishes to southwind and the BOG preservation
lovin you

-gp

southwind

UPDATE.

UPDATE.

Greetings;
I hope all are well.

I am at home and getting better.

Now I have to examine options to help my parents.

The time is now, because the s--t has hit the fan for them.

My Brothers and I hope to have a solution within this month.

The Project is still moving forward albeit slowly in some ways BUT lightning fast in others.

The Outdoor Test Facility is doing well and all experimental projects are steady and producing a wealth of good data for all of our futures.

I have continued testing Phenotypes and different nutrients and combinations of nutrients, additives and ways of growing.

Here are some photos of the project so far , all are titled by what they are, so just click and you can see the names.

SW

NOT sweet tooth bogglegum, its BOGGLEGUM #9

Last edited:

dwtc

:jawdrop: :eek: those are some fat ass colas. awesome job my friend.

glad to see you back home and getting better, hope it's a speedy recovery.

let me know if you need anything. looks like a lot of help is right around the corner :jump: with the auction. if there's anybody that deserves it, it's you for all the hard work you put into this beautiful plant, even putting YOUR health on the back burner for the community, when 95% of us would have given up. for that i commend you. a TRUE friend and asset to this community.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU

stay safe and healthy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

P

Peat

Rose56 said:
Oh God what beauties!! Is the auction going be on seedbay?

Here ya go, Rose56. This was posted a few pages back.

Friar Tuck said:
Recently, some ppl have said they would help if there were beans to get. Well, I'm starting an auction for you my friend.

PM me for details.

:ying:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have got a couple questions one on topic and one kinda off topic.

SW, Do your nose hairs get sticky after being in there to long ?

How dominate is Sour Bubble in crosses ?

S_a_H

Last edited:

southwind

My Home.

My Home.

Hey look here!

..I know it's dangerous on the net...but here is is a picture of my home..can you see it?

S_a_H said:
I have got a couple questions one on topic and one kinda.

SW, Do your nose hairs get sticky after being in there to long ?

How dominate is Sour Bubble in crosses ?

S_a_H

Actually they do....how did you know?

Its seriously so sticky and reeky and just fruity, flowery, berry....its really over-whelming...I have pushed some to the absolute maximum of what they can do and how much resin,flavinoids,terpenes, ketones and etc that they are capable of.

One must change clothes after going in there if you plan on going anywhere else.

But in a good way.

I have seen in my hybrids of Sour Bubble that it is quite effective to do an incross to SB first and then breed to your target to get a good half half spread of characteristics..but in general I have seen SB be a bit dominant, but not overly, you can find good phenos in your seed that are a nice blend and some that are more SB, but I think in hybrids of C. Sativa and SB I would think you would see more dominance of the SB.

My cross of SB and Lifesaver is a great blend of the 2.

I am doing a new hybrid of Blockhead and SB as soon as I can as the first was very successful and a good even split of BH and SB.

I would also like to do an incross of the Bubba Kush X Deep Chunk and then breed that to SBBX3.

Should be good but probably going to be a mold problem in that both are overly dense.

M

mrred

southwind said:
Hey look here!

..I know it's dangerous on the net...but here is is a picture of my home..can you see it?
big mistake, im coming over to steal your bog seeds

southwind

BOG seeds and Breeding.

BOG seeds and Breeding.

NOTES;;;;;;

10-21-08 written 10-27-08

Supplement notes on Chocolate/Elephant Thai.
Seeds are 15-20 years old or more and a few sprouted and were grown in OTF as exp.

These were the most obvious exp for BUSHMASTER as test.
Untreated T's reached 10-14 feet, treated remained within 7-10 foot range,
BUSHMASTER appears successful.
Alos as noted by other Botanists and Growers it does speed up flowering process by some time but would need a more accurate gauge for this.

Test was mainly for vertical CONTROL as such is more than adequate.

2 main phenotypes so far, out of 3 plants grown to maturity.

Pheno [1] seems good choice for a Thai to breed with STRUCTURALLY.

No data on other qualities other than STRUCTURE/GROWTH CHARACTERISTICS]TENSILE STRENGTH/ROOT SYSTEM/FOOT PRINT/ETC.

will have to get objective input on POTENCY/DRUG EFFECTS.

Phno 2 qnd 3 are /will be more difficult to CONTROL W/BM and so may or may not be [retained] as breeder.

contingent on a weighted avg. of ALL characteristics.

NUTRIENT PROFILE
took any and all nutrients w/no burning, very high feeder, was unable to get good data on ceiling in fertilizer use, but assume is max.

PMX had not as much eefect as rest of HYbrids.

this is good and indicates that these Thais most likely have had little to no modern breeding techniques used on them.

which is windfall for us, as having UNWORKED[SIMPLE SATIVA] genes is paramount to preserving for future.

######################

BOG and Hybridizing.

As yet we have seen only a few hybrids of BOG to 'other' [Sweet Tooth, Blockhead etc]

But in general these have proved very good, as opposed to other hybrids[Sweet Tooth X many others] which resulted in poor to very good.

With the RIGHT phenos chosen to use in hybrids of BOG to [other] am seeing an even slpit [in gen] of characteristics as opposed to some Deep Chunk hybrids which show a demonstrable shift to DC.

The hybrid of SWT X BG#2 Originally had MANY phenos with good range of dominant/recessive...[father/mother] etc representation, but in a single BX to Bogglegum of a PROGENY plant the defined phenos were almost exclusively
half and half.

In INDIVIDUAL.

We did see some of BOGs hypothesis born out on importance of choosing the right MALE as opposed to the right fem.

In this case it appears that the original hybrid DID follow that 'rule' that the male will show more characteristics than fem.

But is this a more Bubblegum related issue[?]

In the hybrid Sour Bubble X Lifesaver the phenos are very close and more than adequate to proceed with w/o alot of test.

the main testers were not cared for by partner enough to make a good determination this time.

should have put in main OTF and use fert inj at least some data would be available now.

but again, INDOORS there is no more testing to be done.

LifeSaver X Sour Bubble BX3 is and will be retained but is overly dense for those who are not on top of humidity/fan usage/

potency is 10. out of 10.

################

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Hello there Southwind, that is a nice house and I recognize it! I will be there for dinner around six. Shall I bring anything? :D
In other news... look forward to a visit from the Bean Stork bearing the last six SBB BX3 seeds I had left from my original pack. And some interesting crosses, most notably, a sourbubble x motarebel toxic lemon which should be delightful.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Southwind- Glad to read that you are doing better. Good luck with everything involving your parents. I'm always interested in reading through your post and in the progress of your project.

P

Peat

southwind said:
Hey look here!

Just let me know if ya need someone to take care of that overgrown lawn. :wink:
I promise to clean up all the unsightly clippings too!

I got a funny feeling that's not oak burning in the fireplace! :rasta:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
LifeSaver X Sour Bubble BX3 is and will be retained but is overly dense for those who are not on top of humidity/fan usage/

potency is 10. out of 10.

Sounds Great!