What's new

🤩… NEVILS HAZE x TOM HILL HAZE

OZZ_

Veteran
No questions huge differences b/w inside and outside......

My initial question & observations was comparing Inside, under cover in a Greenhouse, or outside - three very different environments....

I have grown many species of plants in all 3 environments and to me, inside and in a GH are more similar to each other than a GH and outside are.... inside I do not grow in a tent, have extensive lighting and either 9' or 11' ceilings, often people equate inside to a tent and one type of light, weak lighting, a tiny small environment, some people's inside areas are larger than others Green houses for instance, that space matters for numerous things.....

But if you do all 3 regularly, I think you'll learn a lot vs what others spout.... Nearly ever bit of info I share is firsthand and I've supplied the pics for years proving that, parroting others info like many do (no finger pointing) is rampant in forums like this one and many others..... You must comb through it all

I can't imagine why a person in the tropics would grow inside, few do, ones that do I've never really seen an adequate setup, though I'd certainly welcome seeing it.....

Those of us in temperate climates, kinda hard to grasp what a plant does in the tropical sun, I can't imagine it's all unicorns and fairies either, I'm sure it can be equally brutal and blessings, all wrapped into a complex existence, and that was / is kinda my point....... Nothing is quite like outdoors, and GH and indoors are way more similar than letting a plant run wild outside in my experience and that involves thousands if not tens of thousands of plants across many species I've experimented with...

GL with your testing - I wished I had a place in the lower 30 latitudes, I'd be running year round outside or under cover out there with supplemental lighting, if laws allowed...

Peace

PS: would really enjoy seeing FP putting up a GH sooner rather than later, you need help lmk

Thanks Ledo it should be a fun experiment. My outdoor experience is limited …. But it’s not non-existent. Indoors has been by far and away better quality. No comparison. Terps, potency, frost …. Yields. Nearly every aspect has been better **indoors in coco with high intensity lighting and in continuous feed systems**. Not only on modern hybrids either.

That said, my outdoors IS limited … so I am open minded, which is why I’m going to give this a one real shot. I know these two cuts very well by now also so it’ll be good to see what they do outside.

I’m only at 33N though…. The desert not the tropics…. So that will come into play too summer time 115F temps likely won’t help them but I’ll give it a good shot and see how they do.

I use a shade cloth on my chili plants…. I had a few ghost pepper plants hit 6’ last year in recycled ammended soil with shade cloths used during the summer.

Would you outdoor guys recommend I do the same with these cuts during the summer, or just let them take that desert sun and heat full force?? The chilis needed the shade cloth badly, no exceptions …..

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Thanks Ledo it should be a fun experiment. My outdoor experience is limited …. But it’s not non-existent. Indoors has been by far and away better quality. No comparison. Terps, potency, frost …. Yields. Nearly every aspect has been better **indoors in coco with high intensity lighting and in continuous feed systems**. Not only on modern hybrids either.

That said, my outdoors IS limited … so I am open minded, which is why I’m going to give this a one real shot. I know these two cuts very well by now also so it’ll be good to see what they do outside.

I’m only at 33N though…. The desert not the tropics…. So that will come into play too summer time 115F temps likely won’t help them but I’ll give it a good shot and see how they do.

I use a shade cloth on my chili plants…. I had a few ghost pepper plants hit 6’ last year in recycled ammended soil with shade cloths used during the summer.

Would you outdoor guys recommend I do the same with these plants or just let them take that desert sun and heat full force?? The chilis needed the shade cloth badly, no exceptions …..
summer desert, very high UV's, little humidity nor clouds to block the rays, transpiration going nutty..... well, I have a hunch what you'll need to do but the plants will tell / teach you much better than anyone from afar ever could......

That's kinda what I think wally was getting at, the dood literally lives in an outdoor growing paradise and it's not just the sun, it's everything dialed for tropical sativas and such, makes sense eh, well if you know where he lives that is - ha...... but mother nature gives and takes, but the plants love that too.....

Frankly I think it's about best dialing what you have to work with, and if you can do inside, outside and under cover then you'll find out what works best..... my guess, you'll enjoy all three for different reasons.... and if for nothing else, to each their own....

Peace, sorry for long detract FP but I think it's quite interesting and know you've been considering some cover outside of sorts.... Good and bad in all we do

OZZ_

Veteran
summer desert, very high UV's, little humidity nor clouds to block the rays, transpiration going nutty..... well, I have a hunch what you'll need to do but the plants will tell / teach you much better than anyone from afar ever could......

That's kinda what I think wally was getting at, the dood literally lives in an outdoor growing paradise and it's not just the sun, it's everything dialed for tropical sativas and such, makes sense eh, well if you know where he lives that is - ha...... but mother nature gives and takes, but the plants love that too.....

Frankly I think it's about best dialing what you have to work with, and if you can do inside, outside and under cover then you'll find out what works best..... my guess, you'll enjoy all three for different reasons.... and if for nothing else, to each their own....

Peace, sorry for long detract FP but I think it's quite interesting and know you've been considering some cover outside of sorts.... Good and bad in all we do

Excellent post.

Sorry @flower~power didn't mean to derail. Interesting discussions.

✌️

led05

Chasing The Present
You getting this right now too? Wtf, it was almost 60 earlier lol

1D9FD70F-9871-4851-A7D7-C74F99874D95.jpeg

F76AF4D0-2E66-4DC4-89E8-B14DEA0B277C.jpeg

See why we need cover; often volunteers most fun - I know parents though

DA6D9039-9EDE-4291-A3B4-489BC4FCC47D.jpeg

108779D9-3913-4279-8A63-7FCCE199CAD2.jpeg

7F628ADF-0D5E-4FC9-BA2E-8C8F3107721D.jpeg

Game on

St. Phatty