What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

the_niño

a5 X KM
she getting big, about 8 feet tall, starting to put out some pistils... pic from today

picture.php

deepwaterdude

A5 x Malawi - Abbott

A5 x Malawi - Abbott

8ft? High? Holy maria, nice plant.

Decided to train just this one and she's also getting big - 1 foot high and 4 foot square;) About 2 weeks into 12/12 in 7gal amended coco w/2 blumats.

Attachments

• A5 x Malawi - Abbott.jpg
    A5 x Malawi - Abbott.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Just getting going.jpg
    Just getting going.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 5x5 Aug 12 - dropped light another 2 inches.jpg
    5x5 Aug 12 - dropped light another 2 inches.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 17

deepwaterdude

Abbott A5 x Malawi - 20 days 12/12

Abbott A5 x Malawi - 20 days 12/12

Almost three weeks in, and I'm hoping against hope stretch is stopping soon;) I see another net in my near future.

Tent is 5x5, Abbott is 4x4 and canopy is getting thick. She's getting sensi coco base nutes + Big Bud at 1.2 EC. Not a trace of burn and flower set looks good. Deedubya

Attachments

• Fat Abbott almost 3 weeks in.jpg
    Fat Abbott almost 3 weeks in.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 17
  • The hedge starting to flower.jpg
    The hedge starting to flower.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Abbott close.jpg
    Abbott close.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Ohboy.jpg
    Ohboy.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 12
J

jaded1

True OCS!I would of thought beanz or spaventa would of put something up by now but haven't seen spaventa about for a while now.
Lovely looking plants nino and dwd!

Bmac1

Veteran
Maybe he smoked some of the malawi crosses and is now hiding, waiting for the buzz to go away, lol.

B

beanz

sorry guys , I,ll get on too a smoke report soon , she's had a good cure now . I have several buds to get sampled .

it defiantly is a strain that needs a cure , it did get a blast when it was fresh and wasn't anything exceptional . i don,t have any reservations its improved remarkably .

I did get sammy personal cross of nevil x malawi tried after a cure and it was defiantly fine quality herb after it sat for a month .

I,ll set it out to be tried tonight ;)

led05

Chasing The Present
sorry guys , I,ll get on too a smoke report soon , she's had a good cure now . I have several buds to get sampled .

it defiantly is a strain that needs a cure , it did get a blast when it was fresh and wasn't anything exceptional . i don,t have any reservations its improved remarkably .

I did get sammy personal cross of nevil x malawi tried after a cure and it was defiantly fine quality herb after it sat for a month .

I,ll set it out to be tried tonight ;)

sounds like someones been burning the candle at both ends, something inside me tells me it's been worth it, all that hard work in paradise.... ;)

Peace buddy

G

Amazing work guys!

Nev x KM clone, new entry in the room

And A5x KM struggling to recover from pests,sprays,transplant,heat and me...No pistils yet(but apical meristems were topped 2 weeks ago)

I think the nev cross looks total malawi,while the other one reminds me of my malawi x pck 's...

B

beanz

thought I,d get back too you guys after the toke a thon has been performed .

pretty much going to side with dubi saying the nev x killa was bit ordinary . I kinda find it hard too believe as the crystal content on these plants was over the top . 3 were tried ....not that its not nice , theres better smokes out there is all .

funnily enough , the nevil x malawi that yo sammy made , was a excellent smoke . it was nev dominate . really nice solid buzz ,
didnt get too any a5 x nev .....having played with some a5 plants recently and undertook and passed out alot too try , I,m sure its alot better smoke wise . I think dubi may said similar thing ..... that a5 has a nice consistent potency from what I,m seeing as I,ve been playing with some a5 bx

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi beanz,

I appreciate your honest feedback. The comments i made in post #70 of this thread were about the straight Nevil's Haze and A5 Haze mothers:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8210675&postcount=70

but not about their Malawi crosses. As i said, i found the effect of the Nevil's Haze mother good, although not elite and a bit bland in terpenes compared with the best Haze hybrids (Kali Mist, Jack Herer, etc ....) from late 90s/early 2000s, when these dutch haze hybrids were in their best moment. I'm also an incense/Haze fanatic, and we at ACE have bred also excellent incensey strains like Panama, Tikal, Kali China and Oldtimer's Haze hybrids like Panama Haze, Haze x Kali China, etc .... so the bar is set very high.

But to be fair, we must take in consideration that this Nevil's haze mother was selected in the late 80s, and marijuana strains have been greatly improved regarding terpene refinement in the last 30 years, and growers' palate has also become much more demanding regarding quality of terpenes. All this must be evaluated in its correct temporal perspective.

Although i was not very impressed by this Nevil's Haze mother, i think we must give a chance to her offspring in hybrids, sometimes an ok female can produce really nice hybrids. On the other hand, i was really impressed with the overpowering potency, depth and old school Haze terpenes of the A5 Haze mother.

Since i already posted overall pics of both hybrids in pages 37 and 38, and i also showed the more extreme Haze phenos from Nevil's Haze x Malawi i will go into more detail in my next posts regarding the other phenos of the hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nevil's Haze Malawi phenos

Nevil's Haze Malawi phenos

As the pics in pages 37 and 38 shown, the Nevil's Haze x Malawi hybrid grows taller than the A5 Haze x Malawi. All the Nevil's Haze phenos show extreme vigor and pure sativa expressions, with huge yields, excellent flower/leaf ratio, outstanding resin production and bud density (except for the very late flowering Haze phenos).
I cannot fully qualify how the Malawi's influence boosted up the hybrid vigor, yield and resin content in the Nevil's Haze x Malawi hybrid, as we could not grow the Nevil's Haze mother and pure Malawis this year in the same conditions along with the Nevils' Haze hybrid, but i think i'm not wrong saying that Malawi really contributed positively in all these traits.

Overall, i think we can clearly stand that we find 3 main phenotypes (with probably sub phenotypes in each, especially in the very long flowering almost pure Haze pheno) in the Nevil's Haze x Malawi hybrid:

A) The very long flowering, almost pure Haze phenos: These phenos (shown in page 38) are the tallest, very long flowering (approx 3.5-4 months or maybe even longer in some specific individuals), with lower yields, showing a more delicate, less dense and less resinous, very foxtailed pure sativa flower structure, with almost no Malawi influence. Very old school hazy aromas similar to Oldtimer's Haze.
These phenos are very interesting for those looking for the most extreme Haze expressions and for the most interesting and dominant pure Haze recombination of the Haze males A and C involved in original Nevil's Haze hybrid.

B) The faster flowering Nevil's Haze dominant pheno.

C) The very Malawi dominant pheno.

I will go into detail about these 2 latest phenos in the next posts, which are probably the most interesting to grow for the more average sativa grower, looking for very high yields, very high resin content, very dense flowers and very high potency in more moderate flowering times and with better indoor adaptability compared with A) pheno.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

This pheno is quite consistent, producing an outcome similar to the Nevil's Haze mother: Very high yielding, producing long and very dense colas of excellent flower/leaf ratio and very high resin content. It's easy to recognize due to her reddish pistils and hazy aromas.
Flowering time: 75-90 days, depending on the specific individual, and on the growing variables.

Attachments

• Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola5.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola5.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola4.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola4.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola2.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola2.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola3.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 20
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno cola.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Closer bud pics of the B) faster flowering Nevil's Haze dominant pheno.

Attachments

• Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top2.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top3.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 16
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top4.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno top4.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno buds.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno buds.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud2.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud3.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud3.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 24
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno bud.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno buds2.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - Nevil's faster flowering pheno buds2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 15

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
C) The very Malawi dominant pheno

C) The very Malawi dominant pheno

The very Malawi dominant pheno is easy to recognize for its golden and silverish look. Very vigorous and high yielding like the B) Nevil's Haze mother dominant pheno, with rounder and denser flowers, and very high resin content and huge trichome size typical of the Malawi Killer phenos. The aromas are more oily, resinous, woody and not so hazy like in the first 2 phenos. Flowering time approx 85 days.

Attachments

• Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno2.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno3.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi killer pheno3.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi Killer with a touch of haze pheno top4.jpg
    Nevil's Haze x Malawi - New Malawi Killer with a touch of haze pheno top4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Superb posts dubi, thank you for the detailed description of this hybrid. Great pictures show the plants grown to perfection, cheers to the grower ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A5 Haze x Malawi phenos

A5 Haze x Malawi phenos

The A5 Haze x Malawi hybrid is more consistent for size and flowering times than the Nevil's Haze x Malawi, although it also displays different phenotypes:

A) Very Haze A dominant pheno: This phenos displays the higher influence from Haze male A, producing very beautiful and huge sized colas, with more delicate foxtailed hazy reflowerings. Good resin production but not so high like the next 3 phenos. Woody incensey aromas and a flowering time of approx 75-85 days.

Attachments

• A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
  • A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top2.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 14
  • A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top3.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 HazeA pheno top3.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 14

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
B) The A5 pheno with more NL influence

B) The A5 pheno with more NL influence

B) This would be a more NL/Haze pheno, yet very sativa.
Flowers are silverish, rounder, more compact and more resinous (thanks to Malawi influence) than A) pheno or straight A5 Haze mother, yet likes to produce a signature horn shaped foxtailing, overflowing the buds in their last stage of ripeness. This pheno smells very much like A5 Haze mother: liver, woody, incensey and rotten flowers. Flowering time 66-80 days.

Attachments

• A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top8.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top8.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 16
  • A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top9.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top9.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 11
  • A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top10.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top10.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 14
  • A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top11.jpg
    A5 Haze x Malawi - A5 pheno top11.jpg