What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neville’s Haze x C5 Mango

jericho

I`m also looking for something similar to NHC5M, smoked first time in amsterdam 2008 and growed outdoor @40° lat from a seed found inside the bud, buyed from two albanian brothers. That pheno looked like SSH till reach 0.7 m and then leaves become glossy like citrus leaves, smell like mango & little bit of skunk, reach the maximum heigh 1.6m, turn to dark purple in november & harvested ~10 december. When i smoked, the taste was similar to NL, and effect apear 15 min later, cerebral buzz, electric impulses from head to toe, extreme extasy like orgasm for 3- 3.5 hours. Next year i come back to amsterdam to find albanians brothers and they were in prison. I couldn`t go back with bare hands so I bought more than 200 seeds from GH, Sensi, Nirvana, RQS, etc.. tring to grow something similar but no success at all, not even close. 6 years later albanias were released from prison, and i meet them to ask about that special girl.
They provide me only few infos... they cross Neville`s X Arjan X they own strain.... but they lost it.
Now I`m still dreaming to find that girl again or parents to reproduce her.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'll be putting a few of these in soil soon.
20231203_113600.jpg

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I've been smoking some of the first plant. I think it is safe to assume the quality of the next will be greatly improved. It is so much healthier and chunkier. That said. After only being dried a couple weeks. Its really good smoke. Not for the sweet tooth. Its flavor is dark and earthy with little hint of cinnamon, honey and maybe a tiny bit of cherry. Not super terpy but still nice and full flavored. As the joint gets closer to finish the little sweetness it has builds up a little. The buzz is nice and strong and mostly in the head. A little distortion. Not what I want for before work but great for a bike ride. Reminds me a bit of the high from the sour jack I used to grow. Smoke a big fatty and turn on the television and it has an ok body buzz to go along. Looking forward to sampling the next plant and seeing how it smokes.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Is it a fast bloomer for tthe high % of sativa there IS in this cross? I think Flower power had a female or two done in 10/11 weeks max which IS quite fast for such hybrid. I'd like to givea try at those seeds if I Can get some. I have never grown anything related to Mango Haze but I'd be happy to smokke fruity buds with a pleasant high

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
@bigtacofarmer I found the full expression of old dutch haze hybrids' terps in the beans, from the dark fruity, to dark leather and wet dog, to the dark spicy sharp metallic pheno's, and then the whole tropical side of the spectrum of which maybe half were, the sweet and sour or candied sweet fruits of mango dominant and papaya grapefruity citrus though not orange lemon or tangerine (edit..duh...limes..yeah limes that's it). ..and some a bit of a mixture of terps, and also the that honeyed bubblegummy musky terp profile that I associate with NL5, was in most mixed in.

Kro, there were definetaly 9-10 week mango plants in the line.

Bud shape ranged from very strongly haze influenced to very NL influenced all in a typical long stretching (4x or more) haze hybrid package with some skunk influence in form of flower, with larger size of calyx's and the flowers all being absolutely caked with resin. The volume on all the plants were full blast. My best was the sweet candied mango, with a little sour mixed in... What I've been searching for years for...In a nice reasonable flower time. Donald did some good work ey... :)

Males were also easy to choose for breeding, easy to do selections, pick the 2 out 3 that show PM resistance, flower them out and they get well frosted and one can see the bud shape easily to see if the flower structure if NL or haze leaning, then rub the frost to see which terp profile he was and pick the one suited to what one wanted to do. I made a handful of beans, unfortunately lost that male, and growing them out, oh my....unbelievable terpene profiles, resin, smoke and productivity in some of those plants, up on par with anything out there, some plants in those crosses I did with him that are on par with any elite cut that goes around, with terp profiles better than most..My homies been to vegas and to spannabis and and enough times, and after the last trip to cali, they went up and down the coast and they came back saying they tasted lots of good shit, but nothing like the mango's.. and those weren't even the mangos they tasted but the daughters...LOL...It's REALLY good shit.. Donalds Z99 the terps are just as candied and incredible and its just his eye for mixing complementary stuff, and the old cindy, which is a jack, which shared the same grandparent lines to these way back 30 yrs...and yeah ...There was really really good weed back then, stuff that would shit on most today in terms of how it smokes, ignoring look. And then again also a lot of that old stuff based on skunk, haze and NL had the look too.

Last edited:

Jcue81

Here’s the one that I call “ the super chunk 😎 “ noticeable differences between this one and her sister I previously featured ...this one has no sweet ...it’s all earth & really packs a wallop ... I got almost 8 ounces of chunk from a slender 6 foot plant indoors ...maybe more; no waste either...it was all good ( This is where a combination of vertical and horizontal lighting really does help beef up those nugs) ... Wally Wally Wally what have you done!:bow::woohoo: View attachment 17854431 View attachment 17854430 View attachment 17854432 View attachment 17854433 View attachment 17854434 View attachment 17854435 View attachment 17854436 View attachment 17854437 View attachment 17854438

Sister #5 (super chunk pheno) is the one for production though ... she's the one I'm most excited about

I’m happy about the flowering time too! Eight to nine weeks case closed from clone ,longer from seed...My environment is super high intensity I pushed them as hard as I possibly could (I’m also using Canna boost ... I guess it accelerates ) :skiiing:

Approximately 10 light 14 dark ...approximately :biglaugh:

So it’s pretty obvious to me now what is up …number one and number five are the fastest & tightest and most dense, number two ,number three, number four ,number six ,go on a little bit longer & a little bit bigger and fluffier and actually more sweet mango smell …No shit they’re all fucking good:flowers2:

View attachment 17944192 As fate would have it #5 is the keeper , she has the fattest calyx & also the speediest to ripen, also best looking, I can’t say if she’s actually the best weed compared to her sisters but it is what it is...here’s the next generation & guess what … new clone strains (from seed)get better Each consecutive run until they top off after a few runs and show you what they can finally be View attachment 17944191

hi LT :wave:Here’s the thing , out of the six females five of them were actually pretty similar to various degrees and then this one was a little bit denser in a little bit chunkier and finished in about half the time so that’s why I kept it … it’s amazing

It’s the fastest I’ve seen since the Original C99…no sh*t …flabbergasted at the speed of this pheno ..I hit the jackpot View attachment 18000902 View attachment 18000903 View attachment 18000904

I’m harvesting today I should’ve kept better records but it’s definitely been under 60 days next time I will get it down to the day exactly

It’s 76 days of flowering ...I took them & they did run but there’s still some very nice bud here (and I had to make the space) View attachment 18098564

Wally made a great cross here ! Very special nice sativa hybrid (Thank you) They did finish in under 80 days & prefer a cooler room for tighter colas, but once I started harvesting the flowers I realized that by disassembling the larger single colas I was left with a multitude of beautiful smaller flowers..! tight enough for my trimmer to do a good job…The reason I was sweating out this grow was because it’s the first time I’ve had a custom order (2 pounds) in advance in a long time so I had to deliver …it’s the guy’s favorite weed and he sees a lot of it.. we have potency tastes and aromas!😍

Here are Flower Power’s Cliff notes on NHC5M @duct_tape

Latest posts

Latest posts