What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neptune's GROW III, AN vs. GH controlled.

G

K im sure through out this grow you are going to get asked alot, which nute is which, but Id like to suggest you keep it secret until the end. Keep us all in suspence, so if at the end there is a big difference, you can collect up on that million dollar bet that i think you are about to win.

LMAO... the key words in my statement are that AN doesn't yield that much more than the GH . Are ya expecting AN to add some miraculous weight increase of like 50%? My point is, the AN better out perform the GH just for the mere cost and hassle of mixing up the entire line. Isn't the extra weight going to be $spent replenishing the inventory of AN products anyways? Neptune, im not gonna funk up your thread, so i'll just drop the topic :smoweed:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent thread, glad i've found it now and not missed too much.....really love the idea and appreciate the effort involved in such an experiment.
Peace

G

Wonderful description Neptune, thanks!! Sounds like you had a vacation you'll remember, that's great. I wish you the best of luck with your selections from the seeds! I would really like to travel in search of landraces, what a great way to spend part of your trip, or most. Anyways keep up the great work Neptune, it's quite a show. :)

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Neptune......awesome outdoor monster you got there. Have you tried any of the mexican sats indoors?

N

Neptune

bacchus I have not and will not grow a Landrace Sativa indoors.. I do not have the capability, nor the time. But all outdoor grows will always be Landrace Sativas, I grow Indica all year round and very much appriciate the outdoor Sativas...Outdoors is the best place for these monsters to express their fullest potential, untopped, untrained!!

sbaegisNext year will see some better grows with the mexican ladies, always a challange to find potent highgrade highyeilding phenos from unknown mystery seeds!

truecannabliss Glad you could make it my friend, you have not missed anything! The true test is coming up starting Monday. I flipped the girls to bloom last night. I will change the rest for week 1-2 starting Monday, which will be AN vs. GH. I have a good portion of snake oils from both companies... :)

Here's some updates....

N

Neptune

So, a little intermission!

I think I told yall that I fixed my mothering woes, and well I'd like to share this cool new setup for my moms...

I Purchased a mini Hydrohut(170$), which is something like 40"x40". It is totally Light Proof is you set it up right and use proper ducting. I also purchased a 400w Lumatek Digital Ballast, based upon great reviews here at this site. This ballast can operate Metal Halide, and High Pressure Sodium lamps of 400w. The best thing about this dude is it is 100% silent.

Coupple Light Proof Hydrohut with 100% Silent Ballast, and you got a winning bedroom mother tent. This hut is in the same room I sleep in, and I am sleeping great lately! I used to have no alternative but to hang a bare lamp in my room, wear earplugs for the ballast and eyegaurds for the light. Talk about DRIVE YOU BATSHIT CRAZY REAL FAST. yea....

You can see the intake's which can be hooked up to ventilation, but so far I am running zero ventilation with little troubble. The specs are a bit off, and I will eventually find a silent operating low RPM fan to move air throughout the tent, but with the dude zipped up and no fans I am at 83F 40% RH.

Here's a look at my current Mothers...

7 Ken's Granddaddy Purple
2 Purple Erkle
2 Purple Kush
3 Pot of Gold
1 Bluedot

I will have to thin out a few of these moms when they get a bit more bushy, but they will go to good homes where I can keep an eye on them aswell... strain preservation/access.

Here are my newest ladies, picked them up today...

The Oakland Purple Kush!!!

Very excited about this clone, rave reviews.

Flowering has begun down at the Bottom of the Sea, and the reservoirs will be updates with their respective nutrient lineups monday. Stick around for the Action!!

Last edited:

George

wow, ive seen the last grow with the "GDP" and it was very nice. this again looks like an inspiring grow for all of us smokers and growers alike. good luck Neptune!

N

Neptune

Hey again folks, new week... New updates.... I'll get to the indoor, but I first want to share some of my outdoor coastal Mexican Sativa from a village called Yelapa.

Harvested last week, so 3rd week October. Not too bad for bitchin' Sativas!

Here is Yelapa 5, my biggest plant this year... and biggest ever. She is about 9ft tall, and has two main large stocks, almost looks like two plants because of the way I topped her early on. In the future, I would not top a Sativa outdoors...

Smell is of earthy skunk. Very subtle... definatly smells a little on the "green" side.

Here she is before I hoitsed her up to my balcony, I couldn't just walk around my house with something this size... I rigged up a rope and pulled her in like a god-damned-Halibut... lol!!

and Victory!!

Here's some macros of her while still alive, right before the Saw(I did need a Saw. Stock was bigger than a coke can.)

^^^ Yelapa 5

We then come to Yelapa # 3, of which I had 3 of. 2 Clones and a mom... The clones I kept on my balcony, recieving less than 4 hours of light maximum, and 1 hour minimum throughout the growing season... they came out real nice.

Here's Mom in the ground...

And clone..

And the macros of this spectular plant...

^^ Yelapa 3

Very compact hard purple buds, smell like sage/lavander. 100% Mexicana landrace bagseed.

Trimmin em up Today, and will also change the res on the indoor.. so pics of that coming up also... stick around my friends!

N

Neptune

rulelove your avatar man, that is pretty cool!! :)

mr.greenjeans thanks again, updates on that indoor coming right up! soon as I get around to it... hehe

george thanks for reading and posting, if you have any questions feel free to ask away...I've been growing for only 1 year, but I know my growroom very well by now... and i hope I can apply this knowledge to other rooms that are similar to mine.. this is not the last room I will build and operate... oh no brother!!!! <insert maniacle laughter here>

N

Neptune

cHEIFSMOKINGBUD The cool Bay weather caused the purple... most all of the mexicans showed some degree of purple.

majorthe mum house is awesome... gona have good clones from now on!!

N

Neptune

OK... And They're OFF!!

Day 4 Bloom.

Both

Left

Right

9 Pot of gold

Ken's Granddaddy Purple, and one tagged Purple Erkle... you can see it if you look.

In regards to the Granddaddy, and Erkle... Both of these strains needed about 7-10 more days of veg. Next time I will veg them longer, I don't expect a very good yeild from these due to their low height. They won't stretch at all, I am told.

So the race is on folks... The Advanced Nutrients are in the reservoir. Took me an hour of confusing instructions and mixing to get it all sorted out, but first time for everything is always slow.. I'm using their nutrient calculator on the Light Feed program.

Basic High yeild Kit with a few selected additives...

week 1 Advanced Nutrients
70 gallon reservoir, holding 60 gallons(~220L) of water.

Grow: 290ml
Micro: 290ml
Bloom: 290ml
Mother Earth Bloom: 250ml
Fulvic Acid: 220ml
Humic Acid: 220ml
Carboload: 200ml
Voodoo Juice: 450ml
Hygrozyme: 300ml

I did not need Baricade(Potasium Silicate PH UP) As the PH was solid. I will add BigBud @ 200ppm next week, without changing the res. The Carboload was sticky syrup, and I had to disolve 200ml in warm tap water first.

AN week1: PH 5.75 PPM 780 @.5 Hana

General Hydroponics, with select Additives

Week 1 General Hydroponics
70 gallon reservoir, holding 60 gallons(~220L) of water.
Grow: 0ml
Micro: 400ml
Bloom:800ml
Floralicious Bloom: 250ml
Floralicious Plus: 45ml
Hydrogaurd: 300ml
Hygrozyme: 300ml

Kool Bloom begins week 5 @ 200ppm.

Initial PH: 5.35 PPM: 910

Somewhere between the Floralicious Bloom and Plus, My PH went too low...Both of these are new additives for me and were added at ~ 3/4 strength just to be safe. I added AN's Baricade ~5ml to raise my PH to 5.6.

GH week1 PH 5.6 PPM 920 @.5 Hana

When they flood tonight, both tanks will increase in PH and stabilize over the next few days. I expect them both to be around 5.8-6.1 Which is my optimal range.

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

Neptune i'm really going to enjoy this side by side, very informative updates to! i hope you give us a good idea at the end of the grow which nutes gave you the most trouble and and surprises.

BTW - i noticed you had some g13/b ( black widow from RM? ) clonning , how did you like this strain ? i have some beans that i keep putting of to crack.

N

Neptune

Vhghost That was Airborn g13 x Burmese and I did not like it. The growth was stretchy and low yeilding, however the buds were fantastic and fruit filled. I rotate new stuff in occasionally, but the mainstay that all plants must compare to is Pot of Gold... my bread and butter.

I will probably unveil which table is which in a week or two, I want you all to watch the stretch and first budsets as blind... then we'll follow them up till harvest.

V

vhGhost

thanks for clearing that up for me.. i was really hopeing to get a good g13/blackwidow grow report! hehe .. i guess i'll have to grow them out myself!

N

Neptune

Update...

Update...

DAY 12 BLOOM

Plants are getting big, the stretch is on and humidity is rising fast.

I've run into some problems after only a few days with the additives. This is what I expected, and I don't know now why I even signed onto this crap.... All for you guys... bahh!! look at this shit...

^^^Above is the AN reservoir.

Here is the GH reservoir...

I can only say....
WHAT THE FUCK!#@$?

My fucking drippers are clogged, my pump is fucked, and my PH of the Advanced Nutrient reservoir went from 5.7 to 6.7 over the weekend... one whole point in 2 days.

Like damn, is this shit normal? Do other AN 2+ users ever see this? I don't know what the hell is happening with this reservoir, but it's fucking up my grow bad. Fortunatly I caught the reservoir before it flooded a load of PH 6.7. At this point, I'm not sure if I even want to continue the experiment. I've been flushing the tables to PH 5.9 all day, and unclogging the drippers, and cleaning the pump... This is hardly the path to fat yeilds and supreme quality.

What can I do? I am following the AN schedual more or less exactly right on. I cannot believe that AN users put up with badass rising PH and swirling mass of brown shit in their reservoirs... this is not normal, right?

Now, it's only fair but let me bitch about GH for a moment. The GH tank with the 2 new additives from the Floralicious series have had a similar rising PH problem, albeit hardly as bad as the AN side. The GH reservoir raised over the weekend to 6.2, from 5.8... a pretty big swing for 2 days aswell. I'm pretty much hating all these additives right now, how and why the fuck people use and buy them....

Pissed Off Update....

N

Neptune

Almost forgot the plants...

pot of gold, before trim

Granddaddy Purple

This little dude snuck into my growroom, i was quite surprised to see him in here... He did keep me company while I frustratedly flushed and cleaned the reservoirs today... I helped him make it back outside when all was said and done.

PS. Anyone know why those Promix plants (granddaddy purple) droop so much when lights are off? They hhhhaaang down real bad when it's nighttime.

Last edited: