What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neptune's GROW III, AN vs. GH controlled.

G

stonedage said:
K im sure through out this grow you are going to get asked alot, which nute is which, but Id like to suggest you keep it secret until the end. Keep us all in suspence, so if at the end there is a big difference, you can collect up on that million dollar bet that i think you are about to win.

Indica Sativa said:
I'll bet a million dollars that AN doesn't yield that much more than the GH

I win! Yeeeehaawwwwww!

N

Neptune

next grow is being setup, while i am still trimming last crop... i am a slow trimmer!

Last edited:
G

Hey man, what's going on ?
How is that CO2 working for ya ?
So, how did you configure the co2, give us some details.

Thanks for comming over to my grow the other day, it made my day.
You might want to come back to take a look. There has been major changes in the set-up. Come by and tell me what ya think.

I will definetly be back; here, to watch your wonderful system in action.

G

hey bro...all im using is grow micro blom overdrive and bigbud this time bro...did u get less flux fomr the gh gmb?

G

thank you so much neptune, i knew there was a method to AN's madness.....marketing!

what you've concluded has settled my mind, and i will never buy into the AN line.

you're going to have a jungle with that co2 generator :D have fun :wave:

G

hey great grow neptune, those plants were super dank...the one time i ran mwc with AN nutes the shit got all fucked up in the rez and i got bad root rot...i had a really good grow with AN but it was in bags of promix...so i don't know take that for what's its worth, i think all the shit in the AN lineup doesn't ferment and get nasty in the promix stuff...i think the carboload is what mainly does it, that and not having the water cooled to under 60F...i had used molasses instead of carboload in the AN lineup with my soilless plants with good effect then tried to use it in my dripper system and it got super fucked up, gunked all my shit up and clogged my pump (good thing for those israeli filter thingies)...the warmer temps and high amounts of sugar don't mix well...some of the teas and stuff are a little thick too...i like the overdrive a lot in soil and dro...in the future i will go with gh 3 part, big bud, barricade, liquid koolbloom, and overdrive...i may or may not use budlblood...take it easy and congrats on those chunky ass nugs, can't wait to see some dried/trimmed pics!

N

Neptune

Hey folks, sorry about not keeping this thread up to date and thanks for all your interest! I've been real busy with a few things in my life, and havn't had the will to snap pics and the like...!!! It'll be a few rocky months for me if all goes to plan, got a lot of work coming up, which is a good thing! Feast or famine? FEAST!

I will amend my conclusion of AN nutes and say, like I have said, They can work out really well for you if you have a mentor, and/or you know what you are doing. They are not so 'Plug & Play' like other nutrients I use (General Hydroponics, PureBlend Pro/LK)... but I am now a believer that they can work well for you... but I am still saying the price is unjustified, because the results are at best, a hair above the competition... and there is that one problem of... MEGA ROOM FOR ERROR! yikes!!! Ruined crops cost more than bottles of nutrients....

Right, so now I am on day 15 veg on the tables with new strains... maybe I will start a thread soon! This go around I am using Flora Nova Grow for veg, with Hydrogaurd... that's it! Nice and simple 1 part... so far I am loving it. I am also burning CO2 with a generator this round, hooked to my Natural Gas line... this is a radical setup. No changing tanks ever. Cost me about 80$ and 2 hours to install a new gas line from my main to the room, this is some pretty simple DIY that anyone can and should do if they are using co2! I did this 100% to code, and it looks professional to anyone looking at the meter... important step!!

Last yeild was very bad, totaled 660g from both tables. mind numbing isn't it?
GH side was over 450g, and the AN side was just over 200g!! I was running a pretty high PH for quite some time on both of these tables, plus all those additives I started with, Plus I overvegged, Plus I didn't prune hard enough(lots of sucker buds that I tossed into hashpile)!! Bummer... just goes to show... don't count them chickens till they are hatched.

Thas'all fernow, ttyl folks!

G

Hey Neptune! How are your CAP GEN-1 and a CAP PPM-3 holding up? Any problems or complaints so far? Does your GEN-1 have the electro ignition?

Last edited:
G

After reading about 30 pages of neptune's grows, i feel obligates to say that i am amazed at your skill and dedication to growing. Much respect for sharing your experience and letting some come along for the ride. Cant wait for the next one.

BudZad7

:wave: Hi All ! Great info !!! why not mix different companys ferts together....
All ferts when mixed together the EC is never over 1.4/PH 5.8
Here's a good mix: Veg cycle.....Pure Blend Pro grow,Liquid Karma,Carbo Load,
Cal Mag+,Pot 'O Gold,Sensizym, Maxicrop seaweed once a week,also Voodoo Juice every 3 weeks

Transition cycle: Same as above, but add Pure Blend Pro bloom 50% & grow 50% and Sweet or Sugar Daddy....Maxicrop seaweed once a week

Bloom cycle: Pure Blend Pro bloom,Liquid Karma,Carbo Load,Cal Mag+,
Pot 'O Gold,Sensizym,Sweet or Sugar Daddy....Maxicrop seaweed once a week

Last 2 weeks of bloom: Pure Blend Pro bloom for soil + Overdrive,Liquid Karma,Carbo Load,Cal Mag+,Pot 'O Gold,Sensizym,Sweet or Sugar Daddy
....Maxicrop seaweed once a week& maybe some molasses for taste....then Final Phase to flush for 5 days then water only for 10 days

this fert regime is for 6" hugo cubes...soaked in ph water 5.2 overnight
then drained of water the water is always ph 6.1 or 6.2

Cubes are then soaked in Super Natural Cube Soak overnight ph 5.2/EC 0.7
then ph/ec the runoff it should be about ph 6.1 or 6.2 and ec 0.5~0.7
then plant your rooted cuttings......and do not water for 3~5 days or more

this works great!!!!Peace!
:wave:

Last edited:

_Dude

I'd like to see another controlled experiment like this, but comparing what I'm using right now (GH dry nutes, MicroGrow and MicroBloom) with current favorite top of the line stuff.

If I don't see at least a 10 or 15 percent increase, I don't see the point of switching to more dollars, more bottles.

Latest posts

Latest posts