What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neptune's GROW III, AN vs. GH controlled.

N

Neptune

I'm pretty sure it is overwatering... wow.. duno how this happened. I'll let them dry out.

G

Just let them dry up a bit and you should be good =] Might wanna drop the EC a lil bit for a few days also...

V

vhGhost

hey neptune i hope everything is cool with your girls.... keep us updated dude i'm worried ! : D

G

hey looking sharp.. that problem you posted looks like magnesium to me.. very impressive outdoor, thats really chunky for a sativa

Angel Eyes

Dang, it kind of breaks my heart to see these kinds of problems after you put in so much time, effort, and expense in preparation.

Neptune, were you previously a soil grower? The reason I ask is that the kinds of problems you're seeing in your plants seem to be an almost constant reality in hydro grows. And, if plant problems don't actually show up every time in hydro, people are always at least scrambling to avoid the problems of pH, over-watering, nute lockout, etc., etc.

I know you'd lose out on production if you went with soil, but you're obviously such a dedicated, caring grower, it just seems like you'd want to grow your plants in a medium that is easy and relatively carefree. Fox Farm soil and little bit of GH Flora Nova every 2d or 3d watering in flowering, and the plants will just grow without any worry on your part.

Well, I hope you take my words in the spirit they were intended. You do so many things right, you deserve to kick back a bit and enjoy a grow without undue stress. Just my two cents...

N

Neptune

Hey folks, another week another update...

We're at DAY 23 VEG, this is much longer than I intended, but I won't flip a plant to 12/12 until it's problems are resolved. I imagine I will flip tomorrow or the next day, as growth has accelerated in the last 5 days and everyone looks h e a l t h y.

Going to be some monsters on these tables....

Pictures~

Tables

Whole room, including SUpEr sEcretZ 5th 600w!

Here's those Pot of Gold, Looking plump already!

And the MK-Ultra, whose growth I am really liking. I will cut off a few clones and keep them as backup mothers... if they preform well they may get a run. This is how I do it in my garden... Introduce varibles slowly... keep 1 mom for future testing, and if results are good, it may get a permanent stable with my mothers.

N

Neptune

Secret unveailed, 19 Ken's Granddaddy Purple, and 1 Purple Erkle in the middle.

This is the main reasons I am delaying the flip, these were planted 2 weeks behind the tables but are now growing well with established root systems. These are on a 3x3 tray, 20 3 gallon bags... Bags are a mix of:

(just for you Angel Eyes!! :) )

1 bale Promix HP(lots of perlite)
1 bag FFOF
1/2 bag earthworm castings
2 cups kelp
2 cups alf-alfa
1 cups bonemeal
1 cups bloodmeal
1 cups dolomite lime
1/2 cup GH Rare Earth

This will be an organic grow, watered with light strength throughout.
Pure Blend Pro (soil) @ 5ml/gal
Liquid Karma @ 10ml/gal
Hygrozyme @ 5ml/gal

PH 6.3/300 PPM

Just enough sauce to stimulate and enhance, not really feeding hard here as most of the nutrients are in the soil mix. I'm hoping these strentch a fair amount, I will have vegged them for only 8-9 days before they flip.

For folks wondering, I stopped the irrigation cycles totally. These pictures were taken at 6 days since their last flood. It was most certainly an overwatering issue, which creates all sorts of problems deficincies, burns, and wilt! Wilt is the key ingredient here to diagnose the problem. The Res has not changed, and is still bubbling at 5.9 PH and 700 PPM. I will restart irrigation tonight, as the slabs have dried up a bit. Problem solved!

All is well.... we're headed into flowering folks, and that means GH vs. AN will commence!!!

Last edited:
G

Awesome glad to see they all corrected and look healthy and happy now! :) pot o gold is fillin in really nice. keep it up man! :joint:

Angel Eyes

Ack! Really, I don't know what possessed me (a small-time grower) to offer advice to you (a medium-sized grower).

Looks like you already have things figured out, and the grow does look awesome. I guess I was just saying that I'm a simpleton in my grows, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to be so basic. Maybe I was just projecting my fears onto your grow!

Keep up the good work, Neptune. You have good taste in your set-ups and your strains.

G

K+ on that Mexican Sativa by the way. Can you describe anything more about her?

N

Neptune

Angel eyes a grower is a grower... I thank you for the recomendation but it's true, good minds think alike! :) I love organic mediums, coco, Promix, FFOF... the buds taste sooooo delicious. I like to keep things simple as possible too... and you will find that hydroponics can be purty damn simple. This was just a stupid overwatering mistake, very dumb of me... i was flooding daily to monitor PH.. and I had ANTS in my medium, i was flooding them out by flooding 1x a day, and at this stage they don't really drink any water... so they were just drowning... bahhh!!! All is well now at least!

hydrojunkie nice thing about hydroponics, you can fix problems in a matter of 48 hours... simply stopped flooding and everything is back to normal. wow! :)

sbaegis Mexican Psychedelic Sativa... where to begin....
Last winter I took vacation from my grow and went down to mexico on some cheap tickets... after a day of loathing in Puerto Vallarta, I found myself in a small fishing village called Yelapa, south of the bay. While in this farming/fishing village with no road access(boat only) I came across a local grower who had a great bag of weed for sale. I bought it up for some way good price, think it was $30.00 for a large bag. The bag, to my surprise, was just one single cola... FULL of seeds. We picked out the seeds and rolled up close to 30-40 joints in one massive joint rolling session...haha... fond memories!!

The herb looked like mexican swag. Dark green leaves, and lots of them, clinging to the smallish buds underneath... the smell was green, smelled like earth... very musky, underdried, slight crystal coverage... very limited in crystals. We smoked our first joint, split the joint between two season'd california smokers and we were NOT prepared for the next 6 hours... at night!

Mind blowing psychedelic sativa. Very euphoric and uplifting, everything was shimmering sort of... beating in rythem to the ocean.... the sound of crashing waves persisted this trip, the sounds of the local nightlife lifted through the air, and the tequilla we drank on the beach warmed our stomaches. The single joint carried us strongly through the night, and eventually we crashed hard. I would rate this as a level 1 Psychedelic mushroom trip, for anyone who is familiar with the 5 level system. 1: noticable psychedelic effects, but not overboard. 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on... I have been to all levels except 5. 4 was probably far enough. This trippy high lasted 6 hours, we crashed hard at midnight. We enjoyed this smoke throughout the rest of our stay, but we smoked 1-2 hits a piece instead of whole joints... even a hit or two in the morning was very powerful.

The seeds, I hope, will represent this psychedelic marijuana experience... I have 100+ seeds, and collected pollen from 2 males this run. 5 females ended up making it into my native soil... they are still in various phases of harvest, very long season sativa.

Some pictures from my journey...

You can see the Docks in this picture, this is the village:

Marijuana growing paradise... (sub)Tropical birds, flora and fauna Galore!!

Island of the Blue Footed Boobie, rare and endangered sea bird

I am a good cook, Tacos Mariscos anyone?

Joints for this journey, top 3 marijuana experiences ever.

This is what I was seeing... in a way... good thing my camera caught it ;p

the whole place runs on candel light and bonfires at night... can you imagine?? wow...

Here is my outdoor Prize Winner... 10ft tall, 1 pound easy. Still very green here in LATE October. Pics taken 3 weeks ago... havn't been back since then...

Last edited:
G

that sounds like an awesome trip. wow, you guys got lucky to pick up that sack it sounds like. right place at the right time :wink: thats awesome.. good luck w/ the beans.. I've also found great smoke in unexpected semi seedy outdoor buds before. its hard to find but its out there. speaking of which nice outdoor girls too

T

THCV

yo Tune, love the test, can't wait for the verdict. that mexico vacation looks great too, i'll have to add it to the list.

i'm sure you've heard me say it before, but it's worth repeating: keep a VERY close eye on the purple MK. I ran it for 4 cycles, during which it got PM, aphids and mites, before any other plants. It plagued my garden and now it's gone. So check the MKs every day, very carefully. Preventative Neem helps. Good luck!

stonedage

K im sure through out this grow you are going to get asked alot, which nute is which, but Id like to suggest you keep it secret until the end. Keep us all in suspence, so if at the end there is a big difference, you can collect up on that million dollar bet that i think you are about to win.
Indica Sativa said:
I'll bet a million dollars that AN doesn't yield that much more than the GH :joint:

Way to grow bro =]

Last edited:
N

Neptune

An interested proposal stonedage... I will consider!

THCV I am familiar with the MK-purple, It was the first plant I grew indoors and it did get mites!! Yeah, fucked up my whole crop... if I can git er done right she should be yeilding 2+ oz. of purple buds however, and that is the key motivation. Dark dark purple buds.... higher yeilds, and more purple than Granddaddy. Though, the taste is pretty rotten! hehehe

the lorax yep yep, should be some future experiments with the Yelapa. Next outdoor season I will repeat the selection proccess, and do some crossings with domestic strains. I will also grow out some Willie Nelson f2 from Bacchus, for a good range of Sativas.

I hauled in some monsters yesterday folks...Jack & the Beanstock style.... quite pleased with the Yelapa so far.