What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

N

Neptune

Budweiser, I am using Pure Blend Pro Bloom at 10ml/gal with 3ml/gal CalMag+ these days. Thsi is my general coco recipie. My additivies include Fulvic Acid and Hydrogaurd. For hydroton ebb and grow I am using [FloraNova Bloom at 8ml/gal], with said additives. This is the Lucas formula these days, as Lucas himself has switched to Floranova.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
9807tables32.JPG

I been bedazzled and besmitten - :yoinks:

Gorgeous garden Neptune! :canabis: Man, that's a load of frosty bud!

I love 'em all, but that Hindu Kush is like a siren - strap me to the mast matey!

PBP 10 CalMag 3 huh? Hmmm :chin: - in my never ending search for a good diet I need to try a run of at least one plant on this. I think on average I've been running hotter than the plants can use, your results in coco are stellar. :abduct:

aeric

Veteran
Thanks for the rundown Neptune. You seem to have perfected sizing/spacing/veg time and thus why i asked. I'm thinking it's a combo of higher (80) temps and too long of a veg. Somewhere along i realized that when vegging for roots instead of height i got a much bigger yield, and went too far in the other direction with too long of a veg, despite topping. Sometimes i need a refresh on the basics...thanks for that. Actually it's not just basic though, as you said it can take years...a minute to learn, a lifetime to master. Weren't you really into rockwool on OG? We had some discussions about growcubes i think several times under my old handle.

N

Neptune

I tend to ignore the roots and go by foliage/branches/general "stoutness." I tend to just understand the rootmass, I "know" how big it is. There is a certain level you get to in growing ganja where it becomes very difficult to explain to other people what you and your plants are going through, yaknow... kinda inter-species comunications... hard to say.. I just unconsciously do stuff in my garden without thinking anymore.

I was never into rockwool on OG, my alias there was different too.

To keep em short man, just go on the under-veg side of things. Overveg is many growers biggest problems... I see lots of folks vegging WAYYYY too long for their applications... go short and stout, get rid of that popcorn.

G

gdawg

neptune i've been peekin through yer thread and i gotta give mad props to ya!

MID TOWN

Damn fine work neptune. You really got everthing down to where you don't waste any time. :yes:

I've been gettin kind of lazy lately. I let one of my mothers die and my other one isn't ready to put out enough clones so I was thinkin about hitin up SR71. Any advice on their strains would be greatly appreciated. :joint:

Unless of course you've got anything for me. :chin:

peace

aeric

Veteran
Sorry Nep, having a week long brainfreeze it seems, lately.

Popcorn....oh the popcorn lol.

Keep on rockin the show.

T

terran2

Neptune said:
To keep em short man, just go on the under-veg side of things. Overveg is many growers biggest problems... I see lots of folks vegging WAYYYY too long for their applications... go short and stout, get rid of that popcorn.

Amen to that .... and pack 'em in
(like SoQuick said !)

Really seeing no need to veg more than 15" or so especially on the HS's ....and this round topping all of them noticing that the HS does extremely well when topped sending out nice stout branches that fill in nicely and fill in the canopy .
(i know you like them untopped )

what a amazing strain that is , just loving finding this lady ....shes so EASY !

lol

;o)

t2

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Definatly the shizzle eh Terran? *high fives* I don't have anything in my 10 strain mother room that can hold an even keel with her... seriously thinking drastic thoughts about this one... murderous even(bye bye motherplants)!!!

midtown, you can't go wrong down in oaktown. get em while they are hot, I feel a change in the weather bro... stay safe, watch your step down there, and make mothers.

thanks gdawg, stick around for the finish which is on it's way..

starcrash man, how are you doing with all that outdoor!! dang, I hope you had a good wrap up and that you are now on R&R mode! cheers to you man!

T

terran2

The beauty of topping the HS , is the branching is soquick to recover & gives up to 5 nice colas filling in wonderfully ...almost as good as the original single cola .

HS does great in any medium also doing great in r/w too ....i just got the 'mojo' back with the r/w from that one musterious mishap in september and here's what ya mean by vegin 'em out ----> stout .
(and for me topped)

A newbie grower i gave 30 plants to 7wks ago just pulled 4lbs of top shelf buds off 3 1kws with the HS in 3 gal containers using fox farms nute schedule feeding 500ppms every 3 days using catch trays !!! Yes, thats 1.3lbs per light !

(blew my mind how good his looked and he gave me one trimmed up pound for turning him on to this beauty . I also get 1/3 of his next harvest too and got to love that...but i'm doing all the vegging for him , and that i do well ! ;o))

hindukushxskunk1117medirm8.jpg

or coco

hindukushxskunk1118mediid8.jpg

Last edited:
G

Just to let you know that your girls are in good hands.

GDP

I have a POG about to flower and I'm still trying to get a couple of healthy enough TW to throw into the mix. I do have one TW flowering now, but it's just a tiny girl. The GDP is awesome so far. We're 29 days in and the smell is like a fruity, funky, sweet smell. It just seems to want to linger on the tip of my nose forever. I likey already. There's a bunch of nice nuggies starting to form and I'm sure she'll go purple on me. I've got her right under the vent.

HYDROJUNKIE

Nep,..awesome grow as usual man! Are you using the pbp bloom soil?
My results were much better when I switched to that stuff,...and less powdery mildew breakouts due to reduced nitrogen it seemed.
I cant believe the results your getting with 10ml of pbp & 3ml of cal-mag.
I always use 20ml of pbpbloom/soil but only 1.5ml of cal mag.
but I also do tend to see a little burn towards the end sometimes.

I also highly recomend sm-90,....it keeps your res and dripper lines clean as hell.
and increases saturation in coco/dripper setups.

another tried and true with me is botanicare's pro foliar,...it makes plants centerfold worthy imo as far as health and reduces veg times dramatically ie;gdp,purple kush,erkle.

im also getting nice results mixing my coco with 30% chunky perlite not too mention wider leaf blades indicating higher 02 levels in the root zone.

I know you deffinately know your shit and always grow some bomb ass herb,but as we all know with ganja farming its the constant learning/researching and trial & error that makes us succesfull.....and I cant help but share what has made a big impact in my garden, as ive gained some knowledge from following your threads not too mention the ideas they have sparked.
thumbs up!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Neptune again.

Last edited:
G

Damn Neptune, ur slackn off on the thread updates and pics, im gettn bored man, lol...... talk to u later bro..... ohhh AN 4 LIFE :headbanger: haha

N

Neptune

nutz, hah!! well you're in luck becuase I am changing the reservoirs right now and have time between siphons to update... fear not, the boredom will subside momentarily! But AN is overpriced GH, and it's less stable :) I don't like to fight my PH these days, I just "set it and forget it!!" (thanks Ron--youdaman!)

Hydrojunkie, I always find that less is more when it comes to medium based growing. Salt buildup is a major yeild reducer, and the tell tale sign of that is what I would call "nugget" colas instead of "baseball bats." If you understand me... ya'know when the cola isn't really totally connected, just lots of little nuggets. This happens to me at high PPMs, and when I don't routinely flush my mediums of buildup throughout the grow.. As for the SM-90, It's a great product and I use it in my foliar sprays and as a "dunk" for fresh clones that are about to be planted... really cleanes them up and fights off just about everything. I use AN's 35% H2O2 in my reservoir when I need to clean things up, it's cheap and strong.. I've flushed some nasty black/slime wormy buildup crud out of my lines before... eww! What is pro foliar? I was thinking of trying a perlite mix in a few pots to see the difference next run, just like 3-6 pots with perlite, and the rest without.. I remember VT i think it was doing a test and concluded that perlite actualyl holds more water (???) Is this right? Maybe VT can chime in.

Krome, You got a lovely Granddaddy lady there dude. you will be keeping her around, trust me! She is a bay area bomber.. one of the best!! I can't stop growing her and tweaking her to push her to the max.. It's been a quest this year to max her yeild, getting closer but not there yet.. What do you think about my blockhead, isn't that weird? Anyway, loving all 3 of these fine ladies... even the purps!! She is coming around at last.. a proper dial in should see her yeilding well with purple nagchampa nugs! Triangle needs nothing said about her... except pack em in there!! More plants is better in this case, you can see a lot of "holes" where the bulb is not being used, 3gal bags and more ladies should patch it up!

Terran, no joke that HS is the bomb. I don't have any moms right now, but I am going to be ditching most of my "big-green" strains in favor of the Hindu... damn shame, hate to toss my elite moms but I just can't have room in my tiny 3x3 tent for 10+ strains. So, I'll run down and pickup a 6pack for mothers! Next crop won't see any HS though which is a bummer... but I will do some wicked things with my SCBB clones in the Ebb&Grow, going to mono crop that one for 2-3 lbs of "big stanky green. ""_""

on to some updates...

N

Neptune

Day 40 Bloomin'

Day 40 Bloomin'

Let's go with verticle first this time :)

Overall doing better than last time, but more experience and research is needed here. My organic growing practices are out of touch and the plants are yeilding less than their coco/hydro counterparts and are generally less healthy, with less frost and weaker stems. I think next round I will mono crop the Triangle in 3gallon bags, pack as many around the bulb as possible. 12-14 I reckon' should do it. These Triangles really seem to grow like a typical OG kush cutting I see around on these boards, really high quality strain of low yeild... but let's see if we can fix that eh!
9807vert40d1.JPG

Triangle
9807triangle40d1.JPG

Big Shiva
9807BShiva40d1.JPG

OK on to the Ebb & Grow Buckets. Lotso f problems this round, but again I pulled the ship out of a nose dive and we're back at a reasonable altitude. Vacations screw ya up, all I can say.. but **** it, gotta get out!! The SCBB is starting to do her thing, she is a late bloomer for sure.. everything happens after day 35 for her. BDSSH in there too, along with purps, gangster, and hindu skunk. Gangster is turning out to be damn fine, I will showcase her soon enough... also a late bloomer.
9807eg40d1.JPG

9807eg40d2.JPG

purps day 40, all the buds are purple and they do smell a bit like nagchampa.
9807purps40d1.JPG

Left table
9807L40d1.JPG

Right table
9807R40d1.JPG

GDP, most resin yet.
9807GDP40d1.JPG

Blockhead, I think she is showering the plants next to her with resin... the whole room sparkles with her in here.
9807BH40d1.JPG

And lastly another tester in there, Shuga Shiva. Big yeilder, frosty. I had to move them around as you can see, there are 2 at the end of the Left table and 1 at the front of the Right table.. they were crowding eachother, and the GDP next to them. I am guessing 7-9oz between 3 plants. Quality is average+.
9807SS40d1.JPG

9807SS40d2.JPG

They just got their last reservoir change, this will take them to week 7 with nutrients... They will flush for 10+ days with pure tap water. The reservoirs get: 10ml pbpB 3ml calmag ~(650ppm) for coco tables, and the e&g gets 8ml FNb(950ppm). period. No bloom boosters used. Soil has been on pure water for entire crop, will keep it that way.

Anyone notice how nice and PM-free everything is looking?
Yep yep yep, been kickin' it's butt with Serenade 1-2x weekly applications. :spank:

Harvest day is dictated by the Granddaddy :muahaha:

Last edited:
G

Neptune said:
starcrash man, how are you doing with all that outdoor!! dang, I hope you had a good wrap up and that you are now on R&R mode! cheers to you man!

twas bumper crop :rasta: :yummy: fer sure & it made for an improvment in the quality of many of my friends lives ... now i need to relax & that is exactly what i am up too these daze ... thinking about indoor though i do admit! (and your ssh X c99/gdp 3 way cross)

your indoor is simply :jawdrop:

peace & prosper

Last edited:
T

terran2

star crash said:
twas bumper crop :rasta: :yummy: fer sure & it made for an improvment in the quality of many of my friends lives ... now i need to relax & that is exactly what i am up too these daze ... thinking about indoor though i do admit! (and your ssh/gdp cross)

your indoor is simply :jawdrop:

peace & prosper

Hey ya Star crash ....glad to hear your outdoor went fine all the way ...i did very nicely outside too with some Erkle , God's Gift , Hindu K x Skunk and some NL/Blue with one that turned out to be a very yummy keeper .

* I see ya were doing alright with that cindy girl & have been thinking about trying out some AK47/C99 for a while . You also had a nice NL/Blueberry cut that you did as well and love to see a pic of that one , for the one u posted isn't loading anymore . Thanks for sharing your the 'Star Crash' experience with us this year , that giant mako haze was astounding !
(holy smokes man ! :yoinks: )

Someone say ssh/gdp cross ? Now that sounds pretty amazin <G

*here's an F1 of that keeper NL/Blueberry i have finishing right now , this taken about 5days ago . Grown indoors and now getting the flush....takes 9wks to finish but stacks up great long colas and what an aroma coming from her . Very hardy & stout plant , she's indestructable and a very wonderful smoke that coats the palate & expands in the lungs for a very nice
" high experience " :eek:)

hindukushxskunk1125mediwz5.jpg

very long colas , still stacking up during the flush now this was one of the smaller NL/Blue ladies ....more of an outdoor plant but did berry~very
well inside too as we can see ! ;o)

hindukushxskunk1124medimr9.jpg

Last edited:
G

terran2 .. nice cola! the nl/bb is really good .. i see your stems are purple just like mine was ,, still have the cut , she is being maintained by a good friend .... i agree she is very good smoke

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts