What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

T

terran2

TickleMyBalls said:
damn dude, that snodgrass piece is the shit. I hope to have some of my glass in 20 years. So far my oldest piece is 6 years. :D

Mind boggling how time flys when you're having fun ....think i'd better get that pipe its own foam container , lol .

Kept alot of momentos from that period of time , sure wished we had digital cameras back then ...oh the pics i could should have taken . Remembering all those incredibly good times and how safe it was in that womb of music & celebration .

Still cherish this button someone gave me at the same show that went :

"Why work when you can be a slave to Art"

;o)

N

Neptune

terran, mr SR Shiva#6 that was planted imedatly into the perfects is doing well. I have only irrigated them 3x so far.. just go with the "lift the coco pot" technique, really that is the best thing I can tell you. If it drys out hard on the top, it's too dry, but there should be any runoff when you lift the pot and tilt it in one direction.... if you are able to tilt the pot and see water flowing out of it, it's too wet. Also, feel how heavy they are when they are saturated after an irrigation, and just "know" that that point is the "too soggy" point... a pound or two lighter from there would be better. When the plant is large and established, a daily irrigation is A-OK and recomended-use your judgement, but for me this is about 3 weeks from clone in-system. I use FNgrow at 500ppm for clones, and gradually take it up to 700ppm if using coco (@.5). In E&G I use higher rates as there is no accumulation in hydroton. My irrigation lines under them at will require a second pump, which is a bummer. I may just have to add an addition flood cycle at the halfway point when the plants are bigger, and hope they don't get overwatered.

T

terran2

This is really one of the roughest starts i can remember ( caught up in alot of other outdoor activities;o) ....but finally have roots showing roots out the bottoms of this last crew that was having problems . The HK is far more delicate initially than i expected but had also had to use the Cutilene r/w blocks as the store had run out of Grodan cubes . There might have been a difference in the absorbtion/retention between the too . Just last night i bumped the ppms up to 900 FN grow having enough of this and seeing some real action now . Think that might be a problem with underfertilizing at this stage , that like your E&G this medium needs a little stronger solution .

Will try the easier gentler approach this time and take it slower with flourescence and go 500ppms on the FN then and go top drip later after hand watering them in. Well wish me luck , lol....here goes !

;o)

Neptune said:
terran, mr SR Shiva#6 that was planted imedatly into the perfects is doing well. I have only irrigated them 3x so far.. just go with the "lift the coco pot" technique, really that is the best thing I can tell you. If it drys out hard on the top, it's too dry, but there should be any runoff when you lift the pot and tilt it in one direction.... if you are able to tilt the pot and see water flowing out of it, it's too wet. Also, feel how heavy they are when they are saturated after an irrigation, and just "know" that that point is the "too soggy" point... a pound or two lighter from there would be better. When the plant is large and established, a daily irrigation is A-OK and recomended-use your judgement, but for me this is about 3 weeks from clone in-system. I use FNgrow at 500ppm for clones, and gradually take it up to 700ppm if using coco (@.5). In E&G I use higher rates as there is no accumulation in hydroton. My irrigation lines under them at will require a second pump, which is a bummer. I may just have to add an addition flood cycle at the halfway point when the plants are bigger, and hope they don't get overwatered.

meduser180056

Neptune said:
I max out at 800ppm, or 1.6 EC. Calmag at 5mls is a lot, also. 3mls is plenty. and LQ is always too hto at 10ml/gal. I get the curl bad when I use it at that strength... I have cut it out of my plants diet for the most part, I'm getting things streamlined lately... STREAMLINED FOR HYPER SPACE (thank you, Terrance McKenna).

midtown, i stopped using hygrozyme, it got to be~ $200+ per crop and I just couldn't justify it. My enitre nutrient lineup is costing me about 150$ per crop, adding hygrozyme really killed that nice price :[
^^^
I totally agree with ya on all that. I was using practically the entire Botanicare line and also the super expensive hygrozyme.

My plants have been way healthier just using Monkey Juice and a lil PK13/14. And it's a lot nicer on the wallet. I also maxed out at 1.6EC in flower.

After dropping Hygrozyme, Liquid Karma, Hydroguard, and Sweet I haven't noticed them being any less healthy. Actually I think they are more healthy and I'm going to get one of my best yields ever after cutting them out.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Wonderful thread you have here, just seen your picture in the photo of the month nomination and thought I would check it out. I have a few suggestions on your powdery mildew problem.
1. Dehumidification (which you already are doing)
2. Filter all air coming into the garden
3. This is a trade secret that I am trying to get folks hip to, I am sure you are familiar with Pirahna, Tarantula, and Voodoo juice from advanced. Not only do I water with these but I also use the Pirahna and Tarantula as a foliar application. This is done once in early veg. and once in the very beginning of flowering. It creates a colonization of benificial fungi and bacteria on the leaf surface that will battle any bad fungi or bacteria it comes in contact with. Not only does it work to combact those nasties but it also doubles as a yield enhcancer, buy creating more bud sites. I believe this is due to the nitrogen level found in the Pirahna. And it is totally safe for humans, even when smoked.
4. This is the most radical measure, which is to create a CGE or Closed Growing Environment. This uses all steps I already discussed but goes even further. This technique calls for all air going out of the garden to be vented and filtered into a seperate room, there the air is cooled, scrubbed, and artificially fortified with CO2. Then the air is brought back into the room through another carbon filter. Although this techique calls for more space it is extremely effective in not allowing unwanted pests or disease into your garden.
5. One more thing I wanted to hit on and I am not trying to insult, I would forgo any use of sulfur burners or sprays which have a form of sulfur in them. It is very harmful and even poisoness to humans when inhaled, and the smoking of the residue can cause health problems. I know many people use this method to control PM, but after bringing this to the attention of numerous growshops in my area, they have informed people of these risks, and some have actually stopped selling these products in there stores. You must remember that smoking is not the same as eating a product, and it creates a completely different chemical reaction, which can be negative.
On a lighter note, I am definitely impressed in your grow and the diversity of methods you have chose to use. Your set ups are impeccible, and the strains you have chosen appear top notch. I hope my suggestions may help you in further bountiful harvests. PEACE and LOVE always, BrotherD

Last edited:
T

terran2

Neptune said:

Another long night , to try and set things right ...and here's what i came up with to plug in the replacement 4x4 SR71 cuts . Since it was such a pain in the head b4 seeing the earlier ones dampen off & losing them , thought it fitting to use a large Long's Advil bottle with the bottom cut off to ream out a nice round hole about 2" deep . The B'Cuz Coco was rinsed thorougly then rinsed again with 500ppm ferts , B'cuz rooting juice =3mls , 5drops= Super Thrive, ph'd water & a little Flora+plus =5mls , Fulvic=3mls/gal ....the rockwool was given a PH/soak and treated lovingly to the same solution. It was a long night and still going ...but feel it was a job well done this time . :jump:

We're going by the book this time or as close to what my intuition &
experience ( and sweet baby Buddha above !) tells me is the right path.

hindukushxskunk1007meditx2.jpg

* The SR 4x4 clone cubes were kept only just "moist" under floros for 4days with the usual mess o' white roots shooting out the bottom . I filled the bottom of the dug out hole in the r/w with some of that rinsed /treated coco for the roots to have a soft bed to grow into . The Coco was just dry to moist and the clone plug was as well ....then after tucking more Coco in & around the plug inserted with 2" above soil line . I used an empty Atami bottle filled with that rooting /500ppm fert mixture to squirt only just so sparingly around the plug & not on .

(Another fellow mentioned introducing some Canna "T-harz", "Rootshield", or "Piranha" too...)

It was top watering them before & getting the plug completely soaked ....as well as placing them down too deep flush with the soil line that kept them too wet and dampened them off . There have been strains though that would root like crazy just plugging them in & watering in , but not this HK ...needs the full light delicate treatment from the start .

So these babies better fly now cause i gave them all the loving this time & proper approach any good girl (or girls if i'm real lucky )deserves , lol !

hindukushxskunk1008medisp2.jpg

And we will be using that Atami bottle to water around these individually & sparingly ...but only after the needed 3-4 days when they show the need for it this time !

hindukushxskunk1010medizy3.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

Neptune said:
terran, mr SR Shiva#6 that was planted imedatly into the perfects is doing well.

Here's one of the HK's i have nursed back from that rough start ....just decided about 4 days ago after some regrowth began to hit them with much stronger ferts @ 900ppm since the runoff from the cubes was way low , only registering 500ppms ....i had rinsed them too good b4 and there just wsn't enough nutes in there . Also I gave them that 3ml of Cal/Mag you use and there was almost an immediate "greening of the tribe " . :redface:

Well here's that Sugah' Shiva ( on left) next to the HK and unlike the Big Shiva which is more stocky/x-mas tree , this SS is definitely on the branchy/ spidery side.... its in a 5gal and getting the 'full' treatment this round .

Hoping for some good shugah baby ! ;o)

But sure is a spidery/branchy thing <g

hindukushxskunk1017mediho5.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

meduser180056 said:
^^^
I totally agree with ya on all that. I was using practically the entire Botanicare line and also the super expensive hygrozyme.

My plants have been way healthier just using Monkey Juice and a lil PK13/14. And it's a lot nicer on the wallet. I also maxed out at 1.6EC in flower.

After dropping Hygrozyme, Liquid Karma, Hydroguard, and Sweet I haven't noticed them being any less healthy. Actually I think they are more healthy and I'm going to get one of my best yields ever after cutting them out.

Noticed you've been pretty high lately on the Monkey Juice & loving the results you've been getting monkeyman !;o))

* though the two stores i've hit lately both have a problem with AN reps & co and don't /won't carry their products . Might have to make a special run and give it a try soon after hearing all the success youv'e had .

regards

;o)

t2

Last edited:
T

terran2

[size=+2][glow=purple]Eureka !!!![/glow][/size]

i think we have lift off on those replacement SR~HK/skn1s ! :jump: Sure learned a tough lesson with overwatering the last batch of cuttings and having to spend so much time undoing that mistake ...never N E V E R again ! . Didn't matter if it was the Coco or the R/w ....these --->HK's just don't like too much water in the first stages .

Here's the 3 day update & they're just taking off . Doesn't look like i will have to water these in for another 3days at least ...and then only will lightly mist the tops & gently around the plug itself . Both mediums hold a ton of water especially in the bottom 4" layers so placing the plugs in only 1/2 way down was absolutely the key . Seems there's enough water down there to last 2 weeks and that's time enough to go to Hawaii ad get lost :redface:

(rinsed & then presoaked /ph'd all mediums with GH 3/2/2 with little CalMag,Fulvic,Flora+, Super Thrive & B'Cuzz Root @ 500-600ppms )

hindukushxskunk1030mediwi0.jpg

Last edited:

meduser180056

Hey Neptune- How was the harvest. Hope you don't go MIA on us. Hope you had a good vacation and all has been well while you were away.

N

Neptune

day 13 bloom

day 13 bloom

I am back from vacation, took 10 days in Belize. highly recomended...

The growroom suffered, of course, from my absense. I am trying to get things back on track as quick as possible, before the end of stretch. A few things happened: First and worst, my right side table had a pump failure. Amazing that the plants didn't all die, a caretaker was able to hand water them twice in 10 days keeping them on the borderline of survival... The buckets are all showing signs of overwatering, due to my previous ****up with the pump (48 hour flood cycle). Overwatering is still their major malfunction, becuase the RW cubes sank into the balls, and now my flood cycle floods too high and the cubes stay too wet. ****it, what can I do now? Not much... I reduced their flood cycle to 2 minutes, down from 3... hopefuly this keeps the water level below the cubes. I'll check and check in the next few days.
The verticle bulb, organic soil, weathered the storm like nothing happened. Easy...

the Leftside table is slightly overwatered, and showing high N signs. The leaves are the biggest I have ever seen on Granddaddy.. huge leaves. I have 2 blockheads in there too, which are even larger leaves. Think Deep Chunk size leaves. This leftside is overall looking very nice... I will fix her overwater problems and she should be ok. The rightside GDP table is really stunted from the pump failure.. I do not expect much more than a pound of bud from this side at this point... IF that.

Basically the biggest problem in the growroom during absenses is watering frequencies or lacktherof. Designing a mechanism (conductors) that would allow for total watering automation would be a nice thing to do, down the line.

So, here's some quick pics.. I am busy busy getting the last crop manicured still... but I will post up some nugs and a recap when finished.

day 13 bloom

verticle

Triangle(thanks man!)

GDP/Blockhead left side

100% GDP rightside

Buckets, with soggy 4" RW cubes

I pruned some lowers today, but really didn't remove much.
On the Bay Purples, it's not necessary to remove more than ~4" of budsites becuase they all get rockhard, even if they are lil' fruity pebbles... Also did a res change, tables still getting 10ml PBP 3ml CalMag per gallon, which levels to 680ppm(@.5) and 5.8 PH.

I find GDP to be a very light feeder, contrary to what everyone else says.
I get leaf curl bad on her with anything over 7-800.

B

Brain

Not bad for a 10 day absence. Well worth a trip to Belize, I take it. Good luck with getting everything on track.

N

Neptune

yea brain, definatly worth it.

ya'know we always have this dilema, us growers... Cease all operations and start again when vacation is ove, or wing it and take a shitty harvest. It's been somewhat of a goal of mine to be able to go on vacation every other crop cycle, such that I can get a growroom to "coast" for 7-10 days while I am exploring our beautiful planet. :)

I know why the pump failed(not a random failure), and I know why the E&G buckets are overwatered. Just a few hastily done preparations that really effected the 10 day coast time.. it's just hard to keep everything lined up when you are harvesting, packing your bags, planing your vacation, and setting up a new crop within 7 days time.... A better time to leave would probably be mid flower, when things are relatively stable.. like days 28-38.

It can be done, and I will get it right someday. Just need to give myselfself a stress free and clockwork ramp for departure... run a tried and true favoprite strain, one that I know very well, and hit the gas.

So a mini total is in for previous E&G buckets:
BDSSH 18.0 oz (11 plants)
SCBB 6.0 oz (3 plants)
Odyssey 1.5oz (2 plants)

25.5 oz total from 1kw Lumatek, or about 1.5lbs from the first go!

G

Looking good for a little vacation time in between. The triangles are looking healthy as can be. They look like you shouldn't have much of a problem in getting them to yield well. The GDP and blockheads are pretty similar in growth habits. The ones I have going into bud are looking phenomenal. I'll get some pics up in the next few days. May need to start up a new thread for that room. Glad to have you back in action. All the best in getting all the kinks worked out. :rasta:

T

terran2

Hope ya did some diving bro ;o)

* just don't know how you get those huge green leafy results on such a lite feeding schedule...i just found out most of my problems were due to under feeding and bumped things up with good success to 1000.

(my tap water is running 150ppms )

Here's latest shot of the SS sugar shiva running @900ppms just 12days in ...hoping for some good results from her . Note that internoding branchy profile different from the Big Shiva xmas tree ... strong branches though which should hold up under lots of weight !

Sugar Shiva , looking good:

hindukushxskunk1070medirw2.jpg

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Nice Terran, thanks for that beautiful pic. Your PPMs are @ .5 conversion or .7? If they are .5, then you are really running the same as me. 1000 ppm -150tap = 850 ppm. Which is about where I max out at... maybe up to 1000ppm if I am flushing real good inbetween reservoir changes.

The Big Shiva is a slower grower than the Sugar Shiva, the SS#6 is explosive like the Hindu Skunk I would say. Very vigerous, I have 3 on my table, planted from clone, and they are overpowering the 11day prevegg'd granddaddy purples... which had 6-7" on them at start of bloom.

The room has recovered with some constant vigilance, things are back on track. I will get some fresh pics up soonlike... the recovery is amazing... didn't do anything but adjust the irrigations honestly. And yes, we did some snorkeling in the carribean! Did some spear fishing around some coral reefs, and ate a delicious lobster and fish taco dinner that night. Vacations are totally worth it mon :)

T

terran2

Neptune said:
Nice Terran, thanks for that beautiful pic. Your PPMs are @ .5 conversion or .7? If they are .5, then you are really running the same as me. 1000 ppm -150tap = 850 ppm. Which is about where I max out at... maybe up to 1000ppm if I am flushing real good inbetween reservoir changes.

The Big Shiva is a slower grower than the Sugar Shiva, the SS#6 is explosive like the Hindu Skunk I would say. Very vigerous, I have 3 on my table, planted from clone, and they are overpowering the 11day prevegg'd granddaddy purples... which had 6-7" on them at start of bloom.

yep , that .5 conversion is what i'm using on the stick so problems are solved in general and things looking very green & lushious :redface: . Had been running far to low on the nutes but now everything is dialed with them bumped up higher & full steam ahead .

Awoke this morning to deal with putting in some drip lines for my 5gals , and though this round plants are really loving it what a PITA to set up . Found i had to put the 1/2" tubing in the oven on warm setting for 15mins to relax the coils and stretch it all across the house .

So, something in me says i might be going go back to r/w ...& E&F real soon !! lol

* I just did the 5gals to save $$ this round since square 3gal perfect pots are 'spensive but would do fine on E&F being squat & low enough .

(Dam, i hate the drip~ spaghetti but giving it a whirl ...but flooding is so much easier ...we'll see if the results are worth the PITA ;o)

T

terran2

Yah , that Big Shiva & i don't get along at all & don't have much love for the Oddyssey either so far no matter what it yields .....but the Sugar Shiva is looking good and likes me too.

* have met some people recently that have been doing a Shiva Skunk up here for 2yrs and loviing doing it so getting some cuts from them and a few Romulans too that some others have running out ...plus a huge yielding Sour Deez for a quick grow .

Last edited:
G

hey neptune

hey neptune

Looks great man my room is almost the same exact.And funny thing is never saw ur room till today heheheheh great minds think alike.So neptune where is a good place to look for gdp, or urkel. I have my script and live in sac valley and advise would be appreciated. :rasta: