What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Big M for the positive feedback, very happy you are enjoying so much with your Nepal Jam harvest :kiss:

Not easy to keep such old highly inbred lines in good shape so they can still 'compete' in quality with 'fresh outcrosses', we did huge efforts on this ACE Seeds classic since 2014 (and others) to improve and keep the line in good shape, at current F7-F8 inbreeding stage she obviously cannot compete in yield or raw potency with other F1s, but the quality of terpenes and effects is definitely still there :ying:

squatty

I grew two Nepal Jam last year. One was sinsemilla and was Jamaican leaning.
Love it and still thoroughly enjoying it.

The second plant was in a small pot and was pollinated with a local cross of cookies and Cannabiogen's sugar loaf.
I'm looking for any help identifying the pollinated Nepal Jam.

She had beautiful purple petioles early on and I'm guessing she was Nepal leaning.
What do you think?

Here is a volunteer male from the cross that appeared in the garden this year.

user128

Hi :) quick report on my latest grow of this Nepal Jam, which I already had the pleasure to experience a few years ago and wanted to try again.

Vegetative period went without any problems. I used mainlining, to which all plants reacted very well, giving me generous side branches.

I had 4 plants divided in 2 phenos :
* First two were short, bushy, with dark, large, green leaves (almost purple at the end), small and resinous flowers ;
* The two other were a little bit taller, with extra-thick branches (really this was impressive), clearer and thinner leaves, and average-sized flowers.

All plants went 2 weeks in 1 gallon pots, then 4 weeks in 4 gallons. Stretch was totally managable, leaving me with 3 to 4 ft tall plants, and flowering stage went without any issue.

I harvested the first two at 8 weeks : the yield was small, with dense, resin-coated nugs ; the two other, at 9 weeks, getting average yield of more airy, but still indica-looking flowers, with a lot of bag appeal IMO (beautiful orange/yellow colors).

First pheno had the very classical smell of resin/soil which you can find in most indica classics. Second one was a lot more original, also led by resin, but also a subtile, but delicious odor of what I will try to describe as freshly baked bread. I hope it will remain intact after curring.

Smoke is comparable on the two phenos : a warm, numbing, but not-so-couchlock style of high, getting you nice and cosy but not too much sleepy or tired. It is not a very powerfull weed and I found it to be kinda similar, in the effects, to Nepalese hashes (...which I personaly love even if they're not that strong).

As a last remark, I have to say the strain has evolved a lot since my last grow - I remembered a very psychoactive, kinda confusing weed, good for creativity and such... but anyway...

TLDR; classical Nepalese weed, easy-to-grow, good for relaxing without getting excessively intoxicated. Since yield was limited and flowers, not that powerful (I guess somewhere around 12-15% THC), I would only recommand it to people looking especially for this kind of high.

Congrats ACE for the outstanding work, as usual :angelshug:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you love the outcome of your Nepal Jam Jamaican leaning pheno.

It's quite easy to spot the different phenotypes, Jamaican leaning phenos tend to be taller, lighter green color, thinner leaf, woodier terpenes, ripening one week later in average compared with the Nepalese phenos.

The more Nepal Highland phenos tend to have wider darker leaves, shorter node length, lower yields, lesser stretching, purple-reddish hues with colder temps, more creamy sugary terpenes and denser more resinous buds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi user128,

Very accurate description :yes: you described very well the different phenos and effects of this strain. Nepal Jam was never bred to be overpowering, main goal was always to select for being pleasant and relaxing physically, warm, kind, optimistic and anxyolitic psychologically, it's a very balanced effect. Latest cannabinoids results perform on the strain state Nepal Jam has an approx THC content of 15 %, which is ok for such inbreeding stage (F7-F8), line never consistently surpassed 20 % THC, even in earlier generations with more heterosis.

Theorganicguy

Nepal Jam smoke report after three months of curing

Nepal Jam smoke report after three months of curing

The opened jar recalls a synthetic peach or apricot fragrance. The inflorescences emit the sour tones of pineapple and very slight hints of incense and sandalwood. Somehow it reminds me of the "staleness" of a stale cellar that some Super Silver Haze phenotypes show. Terpenes burst all over the room as soon as trichomes are crushed. Taste is exactly like the smell: woody, sour, kind of fermenting fruit , maybe even yeast? The vapour has an aroma of freshly cut wood and a fine incense that lingers in the room. Taste is hard to explain in words, in fact is the only thing I didn't like about this hybrid.
You can feel the effect since the the first puff. The first ten minutes are an intravenous injection of adrenaline: tachycardia quite pronounced and heat discharges through the whole body as after a well spiced meal. Once this initial turbulent rush has passed, you return to the daily life's tracks, without being distracted or hindered. The next two hours, the high is going to be so subtle that at times you may even forget to be high in the first place. Excellent oil to lubricate the brain, as it makes thoughts flow smoother, all without clouding the mind. Stimulating in terms of mental serenity, concentration and productivity. It finishes off after around three hours, with a final body warmth that is particularly pleasant and not too debilitating.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Final thoughts
Not a very vigorous phenotype, but it compensates with an early flowering and a pronounced resin production, even present on the leaf stalks. Lateral shoots easily tamed, inflorescences open and tending to produce clusters. Short to medium flowering time (9-10 weeks). High resistance to moisture and rain. The taste is one of those things you either love or hate. Very pleasant and versatile end product, suitable for any time of day.

Happy new year!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Damn Theorganicguy :D I think i need to hire you write the smoke reports of our strains! Love the way you have described yours :)

To be honest, incense smelling Nepal Jams and with such initial sativa rush are quite rare, line has been bred strongly in latest generations towards more creamy fruity honeyed terpenes and mainly warm effects without tachycardia, paranoia or anxiety.

We have selected 4 different F7 Nepal Jam mothers from latest selection and reproduction of the strain, 2 of them follow the warm style previously described, one has a very potent with more body stone than usual with this strain, and the 4th has a super bright-happy-party weed Jamaican style of high.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I finally grew out some NJ seeds I've been holding on to. I ended up with 2 distinct phenos out of two plants, and both phenos seem to be exactly what the description on the seed packet says you can expect. One had more purple coloration, 7-week flowering, and the high is a bit more of a relaxing warmth than the other one. The other one was greener, flowered about a week longer, and the high is almost entirely in the head. I suppose this means that the fast flowering purplish one leans Nepalese while the other one leans Jamaican. They are both fantastic, but each one has its place. The fast finisher is truly a warm, friendly buzz that allows me to sit on the couch and relax, while the other one makes me want to play guitar and sing and be creative. It gives me energy and makes me talk a lot, too, which is very out of character for me.

Dubi, I might have to order more of these at some point, if/when you guys can ever deliver to the U.S. again. It's really hard to play favorites, but I think this might actually be my all-around favorite of your genetics that I've grown. It just hits a lot of check marks for me. Especially that fast flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That means a lot, hush! :) Glad you are enjoying so much with your Nepal Jams, and your descriptions are very accurate for the late generation purple Nepalese phenos and the green more Jamaican influenced expressions respectively.

If you like this type of warm-uplifting-feel good effects and kind of strains, then i think you will also enjoy a lot with Kali China. Growers that love Nepal Jam also usually like a lot Kali China and vice versa.

There are several retailers that ship worldwide and carry Nepal Jam and most of our strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Magoluci,

Yes, yours is the Nepalese compact and early flowering pheno.
Nepal Jam line has been worked strongly towards these kind of expressions in latest generation.

Nepal Jam doesn't need much nitrogen nowadays (after being so inbred), she also prefers moderate amounts of PK during the flowering stage.

Here she is. Trichs looking mostly cloudy with some clear.

Attachments

• 20210326_203413_HDR.jpg
    20210326_203413_HDR.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 113
  • photo2032586.jpg
    photo2032586.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 102