What's new

Nepal Jam

BigSaxDog

ya i got them pretty bad .... sprayed 2 days ago real good, just saw one branch going to a nice nug at the top of the cola that had some live ones still .... i got some spinosad powder too, dusted that branch just now .... i'll try to get some pics .... never had these little phukkerzz ..... didn't wanna spray, but they were pretty bad ... seem to be OK now, but everything i read is that they come back ....

Theorganicguy

Hi Theorganicguy,

Sorry, i overlooked your post. Looks indeed a more sativa and (nowadays) recessive Jamaican sativa pheno! Please, keep us updated. Best wishes!

No worries! I'm really glad it's the jamaican pheno. A great chance to experience some NLD varieties up north.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

She's been flowering since a week after the last update. I assume it's due to her being rootbounded in the pot. Well, shorter size but buds formed in August.
Really rich, sweet smell, which reminds me of molasses, with a slightly spicy note at the end. Really excited for some summer foxtails!

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's a quite sativa expression but with the earliness of latest Nepal Jam generations :)

achille

Veteran
I noticed that my Nepaljam fem (thank you for the free seed ace !) has variegated leaves, is that a common trait ?

This plant started flowering directly after being put outside (I've read on this thread that it is typical of Nepaljam) so I couldn't really observe her mature form; she is putting only three fingered leaves.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi achille,

Some plants from the latest very Nepalese dominant expressions can show sometimes variegation. Kindly post some pics if you have the chance.

achille

Veteran
Thank you for the answer, Dubi !
I don't remember when I germinated this plant, I didn't paid much attention because it was a free seed haha.
It was a little bit slow and weak looking at first but when I placed it outside it started flowering immediately with is quite interesting. It never had more than five fingers (no time I guess).

The smell is warm and very enticing, today I noticed a definite sirup smell too. I am trying to root two clones and crossing fingers for it to root because this plant looks very special.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome achille :) Yes, the highly inbred latest generation Nepalese phenos are slower in growth and rarely produce leaf with many leaflets (especially from clone), but later they are the faster flowering and most resinous expressions, not the best yielders but more terpy and with warmer friendly anxyolitic effects.

achille

Veteran
It doesn't look like a low yielder at all, for now :) I really appreciate the very fast flowering. It's stacking up nicely even when the weather is bad. Nice work Ace !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great development since your latest update Theorganicguy :)

A pleasure to see such a nice resinous and fast flowering thin leaved pheno.

Theorganicguy

Chop day for Nepal Jam

Chop day for Nepal Jam

In the last days she started to emanate a sour aroma, almost like some Diesel lines, which seems to be the signal that ripeness is approaching. Another clue were the purple hues on the leaves' tip, a legacy of her Jamaican's ancestor as far as I have understood.

Anyway, I had found a pinch of budrot on a medium sized bud bud and, given how mature she already was, decided to harvest her. Pictures are a couple days old.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smoke report coming after a nice cure

A nice rest of summer to all! :tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Theorganicguy! :tiphat: such a sativa expression finishing in early September at your latitude, wonderful! Looks indeed very resinous. Enjoy! ;)

I totally agree.

There's a huge lack of sativa genetic diversity in today's commercial weed.
It's real sad. Sativa grows almost in every place of the planet, but after 3-4 decades, the cannabis breeding scene has a poor sativa legacy, mainly composed by haze hybrids and durbans. The true is that we have hundreds of different commercial 'strains' available but they all have the same sativa genetic background.

I like a lot haze and durban but there are lot other good sativas from Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Angola, Congo, Panama etc ... that are excellent in quality but they are a very small part of today's commercial genepool,

Landraces have their own cannabinoid profile and new aromas and experiences to offer. They were the base breeding for all the modern varities we are enjoying today and the future for the new breds too.

We are working in our own way, adding new quality genetics to the commercial genepool instead copy other's work or sell the same sour/nl/skunk/haze/widow/bluberry unstabilized poli hybrids we have been suffering the past 10 years. We are doing what is in our hand to avoid cannabis endogamic depression.

I have people who trade me seeds for seeds . I make seeds with your gear and they tell me they don't want to grow anyone else's strains. Ace is definitely the place as far as I am concerned. I tell them where my genetics come from but commercial growers are lazy. Everyone wants the keys to the castle without laying a single brick.

I know growers of 10 years who have never popped a seed. Wtf?

Pistils started dying off in week 5. These are both 6 weeks old today and seem like they’re almost done. Is there a chance they will still reflower at all or is this about it?
Nepjam#1 looks done top to bottom
View Image
Nepjam#2 still a few white pistil on lower buds
View Image

Dubi thinks my Ace fem is a Nepal Jam or hybrid of. I did some strategic pollination that got on some other branches.

I am at week 5 and pistils are dying off on mine too so this is another good indication this is a nepal jam. Also some photos on here have the same red stem and red seedlings.

Big M

So I have a couple Nep Jams that have been in the jar for about a month now, and have just started sampling it really. It was picked a bit early due to cold, rainy weather, and has mostly clear trichomes. I would have let it go longer if I could have, but I'm glad I didn't. It's a rich, smooth smoke, with a good mix of high and stone. Nice warm and happy buzz that lasts a good while.

So far it's my favorite smoke from Ace, and is one I look forward to having around. Gonna have to get some more whenever Ace can ship to US again. Great job on this generation of Nep Jam Dubi!