What's new

Nepal Jam

Mountainkush

MtKush... welcome home from yard mi bredda !...glad you have reached back safe... yea i hear ya bout some some nepjam to go with your zampan :biggrin:....i 'll be curious to see what you might find in those Jamaica seeds...so many breeds have risen up there... would love to find some proper lambsbread collie...or the chocolatey tight pressed sativa that used to show up here in boston... best herb i ever found while in Jamaica was in St Elizabeth...dry sticky fluffy hazey spicy... YUM !

Thanks buddy,
Shit hit the fan about half way through my trip. Was worried I might now get back the way things were escalating. There was a small outbreak in St Ann where I was, but thankfully my wife and I are still feeling well after 16 days being home. Not that we are safe here now.

I’ll find a pic to show you. I’m sure Dubi won’t mind since I plan to breed it to the nepjam. I was told it was a full sativa but who knows what it is. It didn’t look like much but after the first joint I was impressed. Tasted great and had a great high for running around all day with no crash whatsoever.

OZZ_

Veteran
Dubi - this is a great post. Posts like this are the reason Ive bought so many of your strains. I almost popped a Nepal Jam the other day, but instead decided to go with a heavier hitting Killer A5 for the next grow as I want to show these Kush head friends of mine (said with all the love in the world here :laughing:) there is awhole different world out there and it doesn’t have to be the modern hybrid of the week to be potent.

However, the high descriptions on Nepal Jam make me suspect I may really like her as personal smoke, even if she is a low yielder. Still, I want to ask..... what would be your recommendation for a Nepal Jam hybrid that restores vigor and ups the yield, but yet retains the character of the Nepal Jam high?

Which one is your favorite? The Honduran Breeze really peaks my curiosity

I realized my original post came off as rude towards my friends rather than trying to be funny, my intention was to make a sarcastic joke towards them as we have had many friendly debates on this topic lately. I edited my original post to reflect that.

Have you considered the KaliChina x NepalJam Cross?

I’ve been eyeing that one very closely. Have you grown it out? What was your experience with it?

Mountainkush

..or the chocolatey tight pressed sativa that used to show up here in boston...
Not sure on the chocolatey part but it was definitely tightly pressed. When I pulled it apart it ended up being a small branch folded up with a few other buds. Ended up with 9 seeds from that so who knows what the offspring will be since it’s just some unknown bag seed. We’ll see
picture.php

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Not sure on the chocolatey part but it was definitely tightly pressed. When I pulled it apart it ended up being a small branch folded up with a few other buds. Ended up with 9 seeds from that so who knows what the offspring will be since it’s just some unknown bag seed. We’ll see
View Image
View Image

Regardless it will be a very fun project, and who knows what you might find!

When do you plan on running them?

Mountainkush

Regardless it will be a very fun project, and who knows what you might find!

When do you plan on running them?

Hey OZZ
Most likely in the fall or winter this year. I already had a plan for spring which will start very soon. Just need to finish installing some new lights and make my half assed irrigation I put together for my trip a more permanent thing.
I have 8 nepjam fems and 9 Jamaican bag seed so probably start them all and sex the Jamaicans while I flower the fems and remove the males to flower them separately after. Then figure out what I want to do.
This is all new to me so no matter what, like you said it will be a fun project. Might start a few Honduras to play with these as well but I don’t want to get too carried away at first.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ
Most likely in the fall or winter this year. I already had a plan for spring which will start very soon. Just need to finish installing some new lights and make my half assed irrigation I put together for my trip a more permanent thing.
I have 8 nepjam fems and 9 Jamaican bag seed so probably start them all and sex the Jamaicans while I flower the fems and remove the males to flower them separately after. Then figure out what I want to do.
This is all new to me so no matter what, like you said it will be a fun project. Might start a few Honduras to play with these as well but I don’t want to get too carried away at first.

HA! Very easy to do!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ,

It's always a pleasure to try help here and to share transparent and detailed info about the breeding job behind our lines. :)
Especially when kind and enthusiast growers like you know how to appreciate it.

As Sarayidoja correctly pointed out, Nepal Jam x Kali China would be a very good choice if you want to try a better yielding Nepal Jam hybrid, yet with lots of character from Nepal Jam.
It's also very fast flowering and compact so very suitable for your small indoor tent.
The pure sativa x Nepal Jam hybrids like Honduras Breeze and Zamal Bliss lean much more towards the sativa landrace mothers, the Nepal Jam influence is more recessive on these 2.

I think the Panama should surprise your Kush friends, i think you got a good and interesting pheno.
And the Killer A5 Haze (if correctly grown) will scare them, that's for sure! :D

Dubi - this is a great post. Posts like this are the reason Ive bought so many of your strains. I almost popped a Nepal Jam the other day, but instead decided to go with a heavier hitting Killer A5 for the next grow as I want to show these Kush head friends of mine (said with all the love in the world here :laughing:) there is awhole different world out there and it doesn’t have to be the modern hybrid of the week to be potent.

However, the high descriptions on Nepal Jam make me suspect I may really like her as personal smoke, even if she is a low yielder. Still, I want to ask..... what would be your recommendation for a Nepal Jam hybrid that restores vigor and ups the yield, but yet retains the character of the Nepal Jam high?

Which one is your favorite? The Honduran Breeze really peaks my curiosity

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Some lovely NepJam examples being grown in this thread :)

I’ve grown it twice, with large gaps between years - 2012 & 16. Haven’t tried the newer version yet but loved the larger yielding pheno.

Soon I’ll be trying out the Black Domina 98 x NepJam.. Has anyone grown this variation yet? Had a quick look for threads but couldn’t find anything..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi StrongTree,

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Honestly, i just do my job, and i love it :D
And i love to be here with you all, friends.

It's really touching to admire the beautiful community we all have created together in this room.

Glad your Zamal Bliss is shining in all her glory after 6 months of curing. Must be pure bliss :)
Happy you are enjoying her so much, especially knowing that you have tried so many of our strains, it's a great sign if a new one still can surprise you.

Looking forward to follow your progresses with your 2 Bubba Kush x Nepal Jam.

Much love to you and yours! :huggg:

Dubi...thanks so much for you kind words... it has been quite a journey the last year or so since i got with ACE...it's been a joy to explore the genetics you have assembled and the support provided in this forum is unique and a blessing to us growers. Seems to me ACE has generated a whole heap of open source good karma...so thank you helping so many of us as we grow these beauties... your commitment to encouraging,coaching and educating is profoundly appreciated...:)
Btw the Zamal Bliss's now have about a 6 month cure and have developed a really smooth character. sublime. trippy and mellow all at the same time

also i will be updating the bubba nepjam 1&2 soon...both are looking real fine at 2 weeks bloom

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ,

It's always a pleasure to try help here and to share transparent and detailed info about the breeding job behind our lines. :)
Especially when kind and enthusiast growers like you know how to appreciate it.

As Sarayidoja correctly pointed out, Nepal Jam x Kali China would be a very good choice if you want to try a better yielding Nepal Jam hybrid, yet with lots of character from Nepal Jam.
It's also very fast flowering and compact so very suitable for your small indoor tent.
The pure sativa x Nepal Jam hybrids like Honduras Breeze and Zamal Bliss lean much more towards the sativa landrace mothers, the Nepal Jam influence is more recessive on these 2.

I think the Panama should surprise your Kush friends, i think you got a good and interesting pheno.
And the Killer A5 Haze (if correctly grown) will scare them, that's for sure! :D

Perfect! Thanks for the info :dance013:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful kickarse :) A pleasure to see you having a good harvest with our genetics!

Looks like a good yielding Nepal Jam pheno with the purple hues typical of latest Nepal Jam generations.

BigSaxDog

got 2 NepJam freebies from my Zamaldelica order. they just finished 3rd week of flower, growing EXCELLENT !!!! .... all organic, 15gal smartpots under my LED rig w/2 AgroMax veg/uv bulbs on a timer. mainlined, i got 8 cola's on each plant, trimmed up real nice and gonna have some real fat donkey penis'zz ... love reading all this, i really have learned alot.... one of them had that krinkley leaf thing going on, but that seemed to go away, has a little red on the stems and is a little smaller than the other, but it seems to have a better smell to it ..... i dunno, both really look good, growing like crazy, i think the stretch just stopped ..... looking forward to the harvest .... next is the 5 Zamaldelica beans i got .... my first Ace grow, i'm impressed ......

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome BigSaxDo :),

Glad the 2 Nepal Jam fem freebies are doing well in your garden. How many weeks are they into flowering ?

The colorful Nepal Jams can show slight crinkle leaf at some point although usually without any dismish on their growth or vigor. These colorful expressions are usually the most resinous and with better terpenes and more balanced effects with great anxiolytic qualities, although not so good yielding like the more sativa green Jamaican expresisons. The fully green expressions are usually more vigorous and better yielding, with more uplifting effects.

BigSaxDog

3rd week of flower ..... you're right on about the differences .... the krinkley one has the red stems, was krinkly pretty much from seed, but now it's pretty normal looking, only a bit smaller than the green one .... tho the krinkley one looks like it's gonna have more solid cola's, and it smells a bit more perfume-ey .... the green one is a bit bigger .... trying to figure out how to run this ebay home-made LED rig i got and how much light they like ....

anyway around it, these are gonna be GOOD !!! this is good stuff, really appreciate/enjoy the feedback here .....

i dunno if they're in Spain, but in the US there's a hardware store chain called ACE ..... their logo is 'ACE IS THE PLACE .... ' ... that works really good here too !!!!

BigSaxDog

ARRGGHHHH !!!!!!!! APHIDS !!!!! 6th week of flower ..... never had them before, but i'm stoopid organic this time, and i think the juice from the worm farm brought them in ???? ....
got some Spinosad spray and some powder .... looks like all gone ..... maybe dusting w/DE would be the thing next time ..... they're lookin' really good, the krinkley one is about done, gettin' tired looking, real tight nugs ..... gettin' close .....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy,

Sorry, i overlooked your post. Looks indeed a more sativa and (nowadays) recessive Jamaican sativa pheno :yes: Please, keep us updated. Best wishes! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BigSaxDog,

Although spinosad seems to have low toxicity with humans better don't spray it at this stage of flowering. Please, post some pics if you have the chance.