What's new

Neighbors

pheed

I don't see how the fact that I heard his daughter yell "Dad, stop hitting me!" one night and only one night makes any difference. The dad in question is five times my size. I'm a skinny runt with panic disorder. And I highly doubt she would even admit that it happened if I called the cops. She's not gonna help the pothead upstairs over her own dad just because he hit her one night.

One other thing that's happened is that I recently had my first ever conversation with these people. I was carrying my laundry back to my apartment when the wife responsible for all the shower madness came out, stared me down, and then yelled "Why do you keep staring at me??" She kept yelling this until her husband came out and started yelling at me. I was kind of shocked, and yelled back about how she's been messing with my shower.

A few days later, I received a letter from the owners stating "We have received several complaints about your behavior towards other tenants in the building. If we get any further complaints in regards to your behavior we may have to take further action."

corky1968

Veteran
This may solve all of your problems.

962aa0736b1f044f3c0a16a9184505b4.jpg

GainGreene

I don't see how the fact that I heard his daughter yell "Dad, stop hitting me!" one night and only one night makes any difference. The dad in question is five times my size. I'm a skinny runt with panic disorder. And I highly doubt she would even admit that it happened if I called the cops. She's not gonna help the pothead upstairs over her own dad just because he hit her one night.

One other thing that's happened is that I recently had my first ever conversation with these people. I was carrying my laundry back to my apartment when the wife responsible for all the shower madness came out, stared me down, and then yelled "Why do you keep staring at me??" She kept yelling this until her husband came out and started yelling at me. I was kind of shocked, and yelled back about how she's been messing with my shower.

A few days later, I received a letter from the owners stating "We have received several complaints about your behavior towards other tenants in the building. If we get any further complaints in regards to your behavior we may have to take further action."

I have lived in an apartment complex for over 7yrs, it was my first home purchase. The majority of the member er of the board as well the "managers" will go to great length and expense to show that they are the true power holders. I mean they spend your/owners maintneance money for attorneys and or court costs. Also the one board member whom happens to have an attorney license will help to give free advise to the board. You are "their problem" now and in the spot light. This will not end go try complaining about your neighbor to a deaf ear.

This is like a bad relationship you can't see until you step away from it. Go look at some rental properties with minimal neighbors all in YOUR business you will be much happier in the long run. I suggest trying to find a lease to purchase property. Your rent monies would go to a later agreed upon purchase price of said property with first right of refusal(if an outside party makes an offer you have the right to match offer.

Anyways I will never purchase anything with an HOA in charge of me.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

This is indeed Yummy certifiable!

But Yummy remains king and no one ever will come close.

Pheed, just move, May is your month. Take our advice, if not, don't even bother replying unless it is about the systematic steps you are actually taking to move out by May.

Good luck!

lawlrus

Jesus, reading some of the replies in this thread makes me wonder how some of you function in your day to day lives in the real world...holding down jobs, having relationships with people, hell, just TALKING to people seems to be out of reach for some of y'all. Not trying to judge here and I'm all for doing whatever you want in life as long as it doesn't bother anybody else but there is a point where you need to make the decision whether you're going to learn to play the game at least to some degree or continue with...this approach. If you choose the latter it's tough to feel any sympathy when you complain about how you're treated like a second class citizen. If you're puffing so hard all day every day that it bothers your neighbors, how about taking some steps to mitigate how your usage affects other people who have nothing to do with you and might not be comfortable around pot, or have negative reactions to smoke in general?

I guess what I'm saying is that if pot is so important to you that it supersedes your ability to comfortably maintain your freedom and your sanity then you should probably rethink a few things about your life or find a way to strike a balance between "fuck the world I'll do what I want" and a reasonable, intelligent, adult approach to dealing with people. Again, not trying to judge, just trying to provide some perspective from a small country town in an illegal state where probable cause doesn't really exist if you look like you're holding and you either learn to play that game or learn to get comfortable in a cell.

One last thing -- how in the world are you using cannabis to deal with a panic disorder? I don't care how strong an indica you have or how well you've convinced yourself that you need to smoke for medical reasons, pot is not an anti-anxiety med, so have you considered not smoking and seeing if your disorder gets any better?

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your neighbors are complaining & you are not...

That is your issue.

Stop fearing that guy just because he's bigger than you. You ever see Gracie take down dudes 3-4 times his size when UFC first started. Big dudes fall harder and get up slower.

Go take some martial arts training and up your confidence so you're not scared of physical confrontations. Or take up track so you can run fast.

Whatever you do, do not stoop to their level again.

And seriously... call the cops & tell them what you heard. That kids safety is far more important than your peace of mind! At the very least, an incident report will be filed. At most, dude goes to jail. Also, once you file a report for domestic abuse, a restraining order is sometimes put in place to protect you from retaliation. If the restraining order is broken it's typically automatic jail time.

I don't like cops but as long as they're around it's best to use them for incidents such as yours. If you refuse to call the popo when it's absolutely appropriate (distressed child), then calling on others will prove futile as well.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Jesus, few things about your life or find a way to strike a balance
One last thing -- how in the world are you using cannabis to deal with a panic disorder? I don't care how strong an indica you have or how well you've convinced yourself that you need to smoke for medical reasons, pot is not an anti-anxiety med, so have you considered not smoking and seeing if your disorder gets any better?
I use marijuana to combat anxiety so there goes your theory....yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
don't call cops call child protect services...yeehaw..don't be scared of bigger guys.. I am 166 and have put down plenty of guys 200and up...just learn where too hit..they are slower and can be disabled quickly if ya know whats what..real big guys generally have leg issues and joint issues..hint hint

redlaser

Veteran
Probably not your neighbors first effort at getting rid of someone. They probably assume that you can hear the daughter screaming and are trying stack up accusations against you as some half assed counter attack plan. Maybe you heard it once, but you know it wasn't the first time it happened. I wouldn't want that on my conscious, that I didn't do something to help the girl.

oct

don't call cops call child protect services...yeehaw..don't be scared of bigger guys.. I am 166 and have put down plenty of guys 200and up...just learn where too hit..they are slower and can be disabled quickly if ya know whats what..real big guys generally have leg issues and joint issues..hint hint

You must have run into some very unathletic/soft people.

I'm 6'1 and 225 lbs. I've been in a lot of street fights and also trained and fought in mixed martial arts. There has never been any comparison when I've fought somebody who was 160-170 lbs unless they have trained extensively. Sure when training jiu jitsu I've been choked out tons of times by a bjj blackbelt whos probably 175. Or fought a 3 time state champ wrestler who was 170 and had a run for my money.

But any normal smaller guy is going to get his block knocked off by any normal bigger guy unless theres a major difference in something.

Same way an extremely skilled 170 lb pro would most likely lose to an extemely skilled 205 lb pro.

Its just the way it is.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gracie was a 150lb pro fuckin up 300 lb pros...

Anything can be done so stop the fear mongering.

oct

Of course anything can be done smart guy. You could get hit by a truck today, but you probably won't.

Could floyd mayweather beat mike tyson if they were both in their prime? 95% No.

Could rafael Dos Anjos beat fabricio Werdum? 99% no.

Your comment is irrelevant.

T

thesloppy

Yeah, this dude's posts totally give me the impression that he's got Royce Gracie skillz.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^LOL!^^^
Not even close...

But those posts are in no way encouraging/empowering for the OP. They only serve to spread fear.

Put your dick & ruler away.
This isn't a contest.

oct

I must have missed the contest taking place. I was simply proving you wrong. I don't live in a fairytale land where facts don't matter.

You clearly don't know what your talking about.

Royce fought all those "300" lb dudes at...oh wait....he never fought anybody that weighed 300 lbs...just like he didn't weigh 150 lbs and was just shy of 180.

Know what your talking about before you say something.

I'm a big guy but Rafael dos anjos would fuck me up. But A normal person off the street thats 60 lbs lighter than me and not highly skilled in fighting, is going to get hurt.

If size didn't matter, there wouldn't be weight classes in fighting.

Last edited: