What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neighbors

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My neighbors continue their behavior even when I'm not smoking at all. I took a tolerance break for a whole week, and they just continue doing what they do. I do have carbon filters and a vaporizer and it doesn't matter. As I said before, it's the fact that I'm legally allowed to get high that pisses them off, period.

I should point out that I grow my own in a small tent in my bedroom with zero smell. I only mention this because I would really like to move into a new place where I can continue to grow. If anyone in the LA area has suggestions, please PM. I would love to rent space in a house with other growers. Just putting it out there...

It's possible that what you're calling "zero smell" is the issue. I know for a fact that my grow room smells up my house. But I dont perceive it.
Can they hear vibrations from running equipment such as pumps or fans?

Ez Rider

Veteran
My neighbors continue their behavior even when I'm not smoking at all. I took a tolerance break for a whole week, and they just continue doing what they do. I do have carbon filters and a vaporizer and it doesn't matter. As I said before, it's the fact that I'm legally allowed to get high that pisses them off, period.

I should point out that I grow my own in a small tent in my bedroom with zero smell. I only mention this because I would really like to move into a new place where I can continue to grow. If anyone in the LA area has suggestions, please PM. I would love to rent space in a house with other growers. Just putting it out there...

No one grows cannabis in a tent with "zero" smell. Sorry, it just can't be done. Especially in flower. I do grow in a tent with very little smell, except in flower. Then, there is a detectable smell, even with 2 large carbon filters, but my neighbors are all at least 100' away. The smell is only noticeable inside or very close to an open window outside, but it is there. People who don't smoke will be much more sensitive to it. Fortunately, my large yard is ringed with oleanders, which effectively masks any escaping odors. Harvest time can get outrageous anywhere near the house. That's probably what gave you away. That, or bringing garden supplies home in a black trashbag, or both. Who brings full trashbags IN the house? You should move immediately or sooner to a more private situation, but you should time it so that you can leave the hot water running for the last week the rent is paid, and you should do all the moving(LOUDLY) after 12am in the middle of the week. Make sure to move the grow before behaving badly, and be sure your script is up to date:tiphat:

LoveBunny

Ummm??? Tell them you've seen the error of your ways and call a truce. Ask what it would take to call off the dogs, now that you've reformed. I have given up having discussions with rabid people who are foaming at the mouth.

People only hear others who agree with them. Sorry you have to go through this but don't make it worse on yourself. People who self-medicate with MMJ have to go through all sorts of things, you are not alone. Cheers~

pheed

There is zero smell. I only have one plant flowering at a time, three carbon filters, and air flow moving through the apartment at all times. Some of you make far too many assumptions. My neighbors started what they're doing before I even started my currnet grow.

I wouldnt put up with it for another day, post a cl wanted ad explaining your situation briefly and move on to greener pastures, at least you got 15 years, I havent lived anywhere longer than 9 months, peace

Levitationofme

Bastages

Bastages

I say move out. Find a kinder spot. BUT should you feel it is your right to smoke your meds and you take more then reasonable care not to bother the neighbors their are ways to mitigate this problem.

A. complain to the ownership of the place.
B. upon the owners doing nothing, which is probably what will happen you will be at the point where you have to fight fire with fire.
But that rarely solves a problem, it just feels good.
I would think 1 post here and we could have dozens of awesome revenge strategies devised beyond my creative ability to do so.

C. Embarrass them. Hey they are picking on you and bullying you. Embarrassment in front of a bunch of people is powerful. No one wants to be scorned obviously. If you are patient, the opportunity will come where you can let them stick their own foot down their mouth in front of someone and have to eat it. Asshats do that to themselves all the time.

I manage 35-49 people at my job. Assholes will usually fire themselves given the chance. Same principal.

In the past I was in a situation at a job ( kitchen) where I was the brunt of all the practical jokes. I was the Noob. Some asshat dumped the drainage from our fish File and poured it in my shoes.

Very funny indeed.

I tied a dead 6-8 lb Salmon to his front bumper,
I put a fist full of raw shrimp under his dash. Yea the moron didn't lock his car. Drove around for days with a stinky as shit truck wondering why everyone is honkin at him. He then quit his job.
The entire waitstaff was outside laughing at him as they showed him the salmon and smelled the stank in is truck. Embarrassed in front of a crowd.......never an issue with him again.

Bonus! the joke back at him spurred a rash of excellent hilarious practical jokes amongst the kitchen guys which i took part in as well

iTsTimeNow

Summon your pioneering spirit and take your show on the road. it's an uphill rock show to have round pegs in squaresville.. ie,, move to roundville..

Ez Rider

Veteran
There is zero smell. I only have one plant flowering at a time, three carbon filters, and air flow moving through the apartment at all times. Some of you make far too many assumptions. My neighbors started what they're doing before I even started my currnet grow.

I'm not assuming, you're in denial. Good luck, you'll need it.

rykus

I'd still just move and rent a house n light up more to pay for extra expense.... But I guess that's why I'm me...

Fuck those people, life's to short.

When you cut your first crop go give them some cash as a thank you, lol.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
mega bass with speakers pointed to the floor...when they bitch or make your showers cold give em some serious bass...yeehaw

doob

how do you know they called the cops on you? doesnt sound like it was anything to do with you to me. Could have been anything as they sound like real ****s?

how often are they shouting stuff? Recording this harassment is probably the best way to legally get them, bangs happen all the time in attached residential property, especially with young kids/teenagers

I would be looking into my own water heater if they are doing it everyday as well, as once that issue has gone they cant do much to annoy you other than bang around. I see people put speakers with loud music up against their walls/ceilings, and then go out all day, and that worked with their neighbours who always had loud music on.

Other than that, i live somewhere with prohibition. So if i was smoking full legally in my house with no care in the world, and some idiot was shouting stuff, i would love it haha