What's new

NEGATIVE REPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aerokush101

I strictly don't give owl ass about negative rep, WTF, you hurt my feelings, now bitch say I'm sorry... Lmao. You guys are so sensitive, you actually made a thread about getting negative rep, lol, really? This is a prime example of waste of website space. It should be deleted.

Lol. Let me watch my negative rep go up!

0 out of 22 people liked this post, so the fuck what... It's the truth.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you dont care about it why have it on ???? You can turn it off and no one would see your green goose eggs lol

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually feel wierder about the people that have it turned off for some reason since it could either be really bad or really good you wonder what they are trying to hide. I once saw a member on here or two with like one dark rep bar I wonder if that one little dot can actually turn red?

I liked the way they used to glow more on OG that made you feel special :good:

We need some new rep levels here everyone is maxed out nothing to work towards it's like I could get 100 neg reps tonight and it would still be "survivor". Can't we add some new stuff JJ? You know make it more exciting :biggrin:

I would probably eat a pile of red ants if I could get that little rep message to say "Keeps it Grapefruity" I mean really just let me know what that will take please. :respect:

I'll trade you some delicious salad toppers! :bigeye:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cause he is a fucking rockstar from mars :rtfo: :headbange

and Fupa Fpecial too :biggrin:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

I would probably eat a pile of red ants if I could get that little rep message to say "Keeps it Grapefruity" I mean really just let me know what that will take please. :respect:

I'll trade you some delicious salad toppers! :bigeye:

^^^This is about the most intelligent/nice/friendly "request" I ever have come across.
:good:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I negative rep people who give the wrong grow advice to people who dont know any better but to listen to any ole internet professor, those who lead people down the wrong path and corrupt the innocent grow room with mis-information. and racists.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ Strainhunter lol kind of an inside joke & trying to lighten the mood here a little since the topic is a bit negative really considering all things ;)

Let's all give each other lots of POSITIVE REP in here it will make up for any other kind we have gotten before in other threads :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I honestly LIKE the NEW +rep system.

You can like or dislike a post. I don't think this has any direct affect on "rep". This is done solely by selection of the reputation scale, correct?

Now if I am correct, I use it this way:

If you are witty, make me snicker, share positive upbeat energy or generically helpful information...I'll like your post.

If you are sharing truly relevant KNOWLEDGE that is going to make somebody a better grower...or in the rare occasion that I do in fact LITERALLY "lol" I will grant you the glory of a green dot and a few points...ala +rep.

HOWEVER...I am against all this let's be nice and +rep because we are all feeling the love and wanna smile at each other. Sorry...like all of ya just fine...but it defeats the purpose of the +rep system. If you make it to the top, and it wasn't really "earned" but inflated by your buddies...what is the point? How do new growers know who to contact or to give more credence to? I know that ICm set up the "mentor" tags, but those are few and far between vs. the gen. pop. and well, let's not kid ourselves, there is a good deal of misinformation to be found and shared. I've been guilty of it before by accident. I've had to go back and edit posts / amend that are OLD OLD OLD to get rid of information that is incorrect or to clarify something as I've gained more knowledge in my experience.

This site is an excellent resource of information. It can take some one from CFL's to .5 million dollar grow ops...all with a click. It, like it's predecessors are and have become priceless. If we don't have some sort of value to the system that adds value to our posts and in a way our "internet persona"...then the disinformation has a much better chance of taking hold and infecting the next generation of gardeners. We should care...

dank.Frank

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree DF good points there but some people just go apeshit when you give them neg rep and the neg thread rating used to send you a red dot but now it's anonymous and that is cool but people ninja rate posts now just to troll people which kind of sucks and since you don't get the red dot you don't know who did it. If you rate it positive though it sends you a green dot I believe and let's you know who gave you the good rating. I'm giving it out to trolls & haters unless they take the function away like I said before if you can't give it then it should not be there to use, but you do have to be able to take what you give like a man and understand 90% of the time if you give it to someone they will return it even if you don't even deserve it so don't go crying to the mods or admin about it like a little bitch. ;)

MIway said:
Dude... where do I click??? ;-)

Just follow the little grapefruit down the rabbit hole :peek:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
"Don't fight neg-rep wars you can't win."

- Master Sun Tsu, The Art of War, circa 481 BC

Incognegro

No doubt many of us have recieved negative reps in the past....I certainly have.....simply for giving an opinion.

Some people may not agree with what you say.....even though you're entitled to say it.

Whatever happened to....

"I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, BUT I'LL DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT"......Voltaire

The current riots and looting in England have brought out many neg reps for simply stating an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to say what they think, be it evil or good.

Not everyone is quite as understanding as that..

What's worse, is you get SOME folks, who won't give the neg rep, but instead insult you openly on the forums for voicing your opinion. Fuck em...

Funny how people can spew their opinions and experiences around like facts, but get mad when someone speaks up on it...

I run into this problem alot here on ICMag...1 reason I don't say much...just observe:tiphat:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
and thats where neg rep comes from!!!!!

too many sarcastic comments get thrown around lightly

but then again thats just MY opinion

edgey

Nothing wrong with giving a positive in a negative situation. I've handed out positive rep with a negative message before...... Giving someone positive rep when they've negative rep'd you, is not being a troll, it's encouraging the douchebag to continue toward a more honorable path.

I think the person you quoted knows I do that personally. And knows there's worse out there than trolls.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Even with rep turned off you can still give and receive it. And read the messages. I save my neg rep for racists usually.

When I see something like this or simular I click: No - do not find this post helpful

P

Maybe it's just cause I'm stoned but that sounds messed up to me.
I mean you're both Moderators here and I would have thought the -Rep would be a useful tool in keeping some of the bullshit off the threads.

Matter fact i got a neg rep from this very thread :thank you: My second one ever so it really means alot to me, Thank you thefatman :ying:

If I remember correctly, I have only given negative rep to three people over all the years I've been here. Two of those occassions involved racist comments and the other had to do with something regarding the war in Afghanistan.

If you're going to tell the story, tell the entire thing. Seeings you decided to open that door, I'll do it for you......

You forgot to add the part where you just sent in a reported post about BB because you didn't like that "he saves his negative rep for racists". There's nothing wrong with giving neg rep to someone that has a "soft spot" for racists...... We have zero tolerance for that on this site.....

You're too nice. Most forums woulda just suspended him for being so stupid as to attempt arguing with the Administrator and Mods about racism on the threads.

And I understand what ya mean about the -Rep, but if I ever get a -Rep from JJ I'll be checking my attitude for awhile.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Nothing wrong with giving a positive in a negative situation. I've handed out positive rep with a negative message before...... Giving someone positive rep when they've negative rep'd you, is not being a troll, it's encouraging the douchebag to continue toward a more honorable path.

I think the person you quoted knows I do that personally. And knows there's worse out there than trolls.
:laughing::laughing: I must spread...and I can't vote any more today...But damn helpful...Miss

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
If you're going to tell the story, tell the entire thing. Seeings you decided to open that door, I'll do it for you......

You forgot to add the part where you just sent in a reported post about BB because you didn't like that "he saves his negative rep for racists". There's nothing wrong with giving neg rep to someone that has a "soft spot" for racists...... We have zero tolerance for that on this site.....
At first I thought you could hav done better in your choice of 'soft spot' over say 'Hard on' for racists. But the more I read it the more I like your version.
I never understood racism. As White trash, color never helped or hindered my interactions with my fellow man.
back on topic....

Status
Not open for further replies.