What's new

NEGATIVE REPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I have no soft spot for racists. I just believe that Moderators or Administrators should not express their own opinions in threads. If the moderator has an opinion it should be expressed by PM or by posting under another user name. Any other method is just an abuse of power and a sign of immaturity.

Buck it up sparky. Mods and Admins have just as much right to their opinion, views, stances, etc as you do. Seems you are the only person I've ever seen on the boards that think they shouldn't. They are free to interact with whom ever they damn well please. Just because they hold some honorary title on a pot board doesn't make them any more or less special. Their "insights" are just as valid as yours. They just enforce the rules.
Gypsy owns the site and has all these super powers you don't want them to use. Should he keep his opinions, views, etc out of the threads as well? I would think not.
As far as neg rep goes, I don't give neg rep. I'd rather say what I have to say in open forum than sneak around and do it in private. Just always seemed like a bitch thing to do.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey fatman

bearhug.gif

G

greenmatter

the mods are human, and they are a part of the community so they do get to have some input ..... they are doing their jobs to the best of their ability for FREE !!! if this website was a total free for all it would be off the web inside a week.

i would NEVER want to have to listen to every bitch and moan that a couple thousand stoners can generate BEFORE i got to enjoy what is going on on this site, and these folks do it every day ...... so when they tell me very politely to shut the hell up (if that is how you choose to see what they say) i do.

FWIW i don't think there is anyone anywhere that could mod this site without pissing someone off during the course of a normal day ....... just sayin'

T

thefatman

Doesn't this TOU apply regarding posting info you've received from the rep system too?-
12. Personal Message (PM): Any personal message sent by one member to another through the P.M. system or Rep Point system, both of which are not public and shared between a private system between members (not in open forum). Posting personal messages (P.M.'s) and/or e-mails (or part's thereof) in open forum(s) sent to you on this site or via any other private means is not permitted and will result in the offending member being banished. Posting of any members' personal information is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate banning.

Rep posting are open to all forum viewers and the sharing of rep posting info is not forbidden by form posting rules. They are allowed to have public opinions or share anything that has been sent to them in the way of bad reps. Moderators or administrators should not have that privilege under the title of moderator or administrator. General forum posters are subject to editing and banishment for their post contents, moderators or Administrators can not be edited by the forum posters so they should not be posting within the forums under the title of moderator or administrator. Sending a report to am administrator is the same as sending a PM. It is private and should not be shared within the forum threads. But how do yu banish a administrator for thinking he can do as he wishes with impunity. A report is a private means and administrators should handle them as if they are a PM as that is the private way of communicating with an administrator.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
So, mods can't express their enjoyment of a certain strain, or having a favorite color, or favor a certain music?

Shitty.
Oh wait, that was opinionated, wasn't it? :shucks:
I'll never get the hang of this...
:witch:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
lol.

So say if they, they being mods and admin, were to do those functions only. Now as you would have it they would have different screen names to post under. No one would know who they are. You could say something to that person who unbeknownst to you is a mod or admin and all of a sudden you have problems. I can hear the conspiracy theories now.
Seems you are really unhappy with the way things are and apparently will continue to be. Wouldn't another site that does what you're whining about serve your needs better?
I mean, after all, there's nothing worse than a fatman bent out of shape.
BTW, I have seen mods post pullrd from threads before. Shit happens to all of us.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
thefatman, you've got your idea of how you'd run a private website mixed up with somebody else' private website.

no need to repeat the same things over and over, everybody already knows how you feel.

T

thefatman

A site is not really a private site when they allow a person to pay for special rights to make their opinions important. It is simply a site controlled by outside purchasing power. A truly private site would not take monies from outside sources. Money corrupts.

G

greenmatter

hey fatman we all feel what you are saying, but it is what it is ...... take it or leave it.

standing on a soap box and bitching at a mod is not the smartest thing to do ......:wallbash: ..... you look like a pop up target, and it will draw some fire if you don't get down

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty sad when if someone has to pay for credibility or pay to have a right to an opinion in this forum
or apparently not be allowed to have one because someone, god forbid, gave up their free time to help things run smoothly here at the site which is provided to you for free,all you had to do was read the terms of use and agree to it....
:dunno: ummmm,sorry i guess,try smoking some weed,its apparently very relaxing...

picture.php

Iraganji

How in the world did a thread about reputation digress into what moderators can and can not and should and should not do around here?

As was stated earlier, these mods are providing a much needed service to this site for free.

Isn't griping about what mods do here like griping about the way your food tastes at a
soup kitchen? In each case, it's good people who donate their precious time in a giving manor
for the benefit of others. It's a selfless thing to do. Something which a viewpoint of "I, me, mine"
is hard to see apparently.

I'm gonna light this and pass it clockwise.

:smoke out:

ijim

People must recognize the medical industry and that there are many in this forum that use Cannabis to help control impairments like depression and personality disorders. Plus it is not always easy to control your emotions when you are in pain or have a serious impairment. So consideration is necessary. That said their are some real asses in here with tunnel vision and don't understand that there is more than one way to wipe your arse. Negative reps are necessary sometimes but a few should not be used by admin to ban somebody. The diversity of people is exactly what this forum needs and shows that Cannabis is becoming more mainstream. Its just not for stoners anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts