What's new

Neem Oil Virginity Lost, Regrets Start Next Morning!

L

LolaGal

OK, so the govt agrees that the Green light has no AZ in it,

But:

Az and CHNOil kill mites according to the above. You are BOTH right! :)

Lt. Herb

from:http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/insect-mite/mevinphos-propargite/neem-oil/tol-exem-neemoil.html

Because clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil is a naturally occurring compound which displays a nontoxic mode of action to the target pest, the Agency classified the active ingredient as a biochemical pesticide.

Given this, the clarification is probably done to circumvent toxicity regulations, as the clarified extract is non-toxic, a big thing for a product aimed at organic gardeners. They also get this nifty little by-product that they can sell as an insecticide on it's own.

The azadirachtin thing was only being discussed because someone brought up greenlight neem which has no az. There are other components in greenlight that might act similar to az. but nobody has any proof that they are just as effective other than someone's word. If greenlight is just as good without az. than why do people buy products like einstein oil or azatrol, stuff like that. Anybody that wants to know about greenlight neem can look up what it's made of, and that is "clarified hydrophobic neem oil." That oil has it's az stripped from it, what's left is just the oil. I'm not the first to figure out that greenlight is a ripoff, nor the last. I'm just pissed that greenlight sells fake neem oil.

Wow, fake neem oil now? I guess I just killed off my fungal infection with unicorn farts and butterfly kisses. Do you have any 'proof' that clarified neem is useless (as you seem to imply)? The entire basis of your [presented] argument is that clarified neem can't possibly be as good as raw neem because they sell the toxic by-product (azadirachtin) of the clarification process.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Azitrol is way better than Neem IMO, the same potent insecticide without the nasty oily mess and stink left on Neemed leaves..
I never had a problem once I sprayed it on every week..

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you blind?
No, and I am not stupid either.

See, I had already done my research, and I knew that the oil, even if it had been stripped of aZ, had been proven effective against mites, other pests, and fungus. Wait.,....

This is futile...you guys must be flaming idiots. I am tired of spoon feeding idiots.

I suggest you write books and sell them to other idiots. Include all your new found warnings too!

Good fuckin grief....

L

LolaGal

Since the Green Light is able to control fungus as well as the insects, it seems handy to have around.

Thanks for posting HoosierDaddy! You learnt me up some facts I didn't know!

B

Blue Dot

Even if they had tested it to be safe for smoking, do you really think they'd put it on the label and run the risk of drawing federal attention (esp. when other companies are trying to distance themselves from even MMJ in states where MMJ is legal)?

Well yeah. I mean think about how big the tobacco industry is. Bigger then the MJ industry.

Well tobacco is meant to be smoked so I'm sure the FDA requires that tobacco farmers apply only pesticides listed for smoking so obviously there are some pesticides listed for smoking because tobacco farmers have pests also.

diamondmine

Summary

Clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil: Unlike azadirachtin, this active ingredient is also active against fungal diseases such as mildews and rusts.
So this is proof of what? All it says is that this "active ingredient", what exactly is the ingredient, it doesn't say. It also does not say anything about insect regulation.
If you read my posts all the way through I wasn't being condescending to anyone at first, I just asked a simple question that was directed to a certain individual. I was trying to put it into black and white so you would understand what I was asking, that's why I compared it to vegetable oil.

ALL I want to know is what makes Greenlight neem oil work if it does in fact work. I actually use the stuff because if anything it's an oil and will clog the bugs, I don't have access to anything else.

SO what makes it work huh? So far the best answer I've got is; because you use it and something about butterflies blowing kisses and unicorns up your azz. O AND the government says it works so therefore I should be thouroghly convinced.

L

LolaGal

diamond: Uh, I was agreeing with you I thought.... uh....

OK, here goes....

The above post from the govt. Has 2 active ingredients one is Clarified neem oil and the other is AZ.

It sez both active ingredients kill mites in the above post.

So Green Light as clarified neem oil, so it sez it kills mites

Also it sez that AZ will kill mites.

stick a fork in me, I'm done..

diamondmine

diamond: Uh, I was agreeing with you I thought.... uh....

OK, here goes....

The above post from the govt. Has 2 active ingredients one is Clarified neem oil and the other is AZ.

It sez both active ingredients kill mites in the above post.

So Green Light as clarified neem oil, so it sez it kills mites

Also it sez that AZ will kill mites.

stick a fork in me, I'm done..
Does it say how clarified oil kills mites? Probably because it's an oil. When it comes to az there are plenty of sources to explain exactly how it works.

L

LolaGal

dunno how it works... you are probably right.

I didn't do much of a search on google to get the govt. thingy.

It works, so I may keep using it till I can get some spinosad or Azitrol.

I am sorta afraid to buy the one ounce bottles off Ebay, cause I wonder if they stuff is old or not? Anybody know?

spongegirlz

hahaha, thanks for the laugh out loud LolaGal :laughing: though hope the need to use NPS never arises :yoinks: lost our virginity w/neem on saturday and pretty impressed with the results so far, as there are NO crawlies whatsoever, just remnants of dead ones :woohoo: additionally, really like the way it seemingly moisturized the leaves, alot, and all the plants look super happy to be rid of 'em at this point :dueling: yeah, the scent is pretty sharp, almost like a garlic/onion soup (?) and although it dissipates pretty quickly, there is a slight lingering smell even tonight, but very tolerable :yes:

i dunno hoosier daddy: I used some of them no pest strips once a few months ago and ever since then when I smoke that no pest strip weed, i just go crazy and flop around on the floor... :biglaugh:

After my bout which is finally over I must say that I tried the neem first but it seemed to damage the leafs what I mean is they fealt soft and lifeless... maybe too much neem or a bad batch, so before the girls went to heck, I threw 1500 ladybugs on them and within a week a complete turn around just in time for harvest 3 weeks later.
The ladybugs were so happy and thriving as well as the girls!
I would highly recommend ladybugs from this day on and I plan to keep them as a part of my world.
It's cool opening up the door and seeing moving life going on in there, ya know? hehe
PEACE