What's new

Neem Oil Virginity Lost, Regrets Start Next Morning!

B

Blue Dot

Montery Garden Insect Spray is the most common available brand of spinosad, and it does indeed say that it is effective for mites. If you have some, look at page 11 of the literature provided. There is even a paragraph stating specifically when and how to use spinosad against mites.

Neem is much better considered a preventative measure against most all bugs and early stage fungus'. If you use a regimine of neem during veg, you will be hard pressed to get any mites, thrips, or anything.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong:

picture.php

picture.php

Floramite

Floramite

LolaGal hows it?

My experience is that neem and pyrethrin do not kill all the mites. I battled them for months with those solutions...

Spinosad works great for thrips... it does not say it works on mites...

So, the solution for me was one dose of floramite.. ebay, 20 bucks, troubles over...

peace :rasta:

Hey I just went through hell with the mites, I ruined everything with the soapy water and overdosed the neem, got the wilting and dead leafs and still with the mites. I just ordered That FLORAMITE. Please tell me the appropriate ratio you used, save me some more headaches and heartaches..
PEACE
Pepe

3rd I

Yeah definitely not $300 Lola

Bonide has a product called Captain Jack's Deadbug...$16.99 for 32oz. concentrate...here's a link Captain Jack's Deadbug...there's a retailer locator there too...good luck

L

LolaGal

I thought it was really high a gallon or something... cool. thanks a lot.

diamondmine

Neem oil is NOT like vegetable oil, I don't care what you may think, or what parts of articles you pick and choose to post up. Try reading the whole article and post up your findings then.

It is not really known completely how neem works as it does, but it works even with the void of azadirachtin.

BlueDot was reffering to Montery brand neem oil. It does indeed state that it works for mites, but again..one must actually read the literature provided with the product. Montery doesn't even list the mixing instruction on the label...you must read the accompanying literature.

Lets deal with facts, and not speculations formed from lacking research.
Well I don't know how this turned into a pissing match the very reason I asked you what you thought about greenlight was because I thought you already knew that it did not have azadirachtin. BUT you don't seem to understand that it doesn't and that was my only point. Sorry I even asked you.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I don't know how this turned into a pissing match the very reason I asked you what you thought about greenlight was because I thought you already knew that it did not have azadirachtin. BUT you don't seem to understand that it doesn't and that was my only point. Sorry I even asked you.
Well, you can be sorry all you want. I believe if we go back we find that it was you telling us what your take on the stuff was. And your take was off. You didn't read the material you presented as evidence for your findings, because if you had, you would have seen your answers.
Don't really know why you would assume I knew shit about the product you were using...but after doing about 2 minutes reading, I knew a bit more about it than you seemed to.
But, I am not sorry I answered you...although your responses were typically unappreciative. Instead of acting like a pissy, emotional bitch, your response should have been more like; "Ah, I see where I made my mistake in thinking the product was no more than vegetable oil"
But...you probably didn't read closer, and still don't realize it.
(shrug)

F

Four2Zero

Hey Hoosierdaddy, yes I see now on page 11. Damn I missed that and I had it sitting here when I got the borg... anyway I used the foloramite with extreme success. Not a sign after one application 5 weeks ago.

Pepe Le Peeyoo, I used 1/2 teaspoon of floramite per gallon.

peace :rasta:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
If were getting nit-picky then its worth mentioning that Floromite has NOT been approved for food crops. Their only formula approved for anything close is Floromite SC and thats only approved on large tomatos ONLY. Use at your own risk.

B

Blue Dot

If were getting nit-picky then its worth mentioning that Floromite has NOT been approved for food crops. Their only formula approved for anything close is Floromite SC and thats only approved on large tomatos ONLY. Use at your own risk.

Well, if were really gonna get nit picky then:

Once you try a product with spinosad in it you will realize how much time youve wasted with everything else.

Sinosad (when used on spider mites per the lable) isn't labled for food crops EITHER, just ORNAMENTALS!

B

Blue Dot

Well, if we're really gonna get nit picky then:

Once you try a product with spinosad in it you will realize how much time youve wasted with everything else.

picture.php

Spinosad (when used on spider mites per the label) isn't labeled for food crops EITHER, just ORNAMENTALS!

picture.php

diamondmine

Well, you can be sorry all you want. I believe if we go back we find that it was you telling us what your take on the stuff was. And your take was off. You didn't read the material you presented as evidence for your findings, because if you had, you would have seen your answers.
Don't really know why you would assume I knew shit about the product you were using...but after doing about 2 minutes reading, I knew a bit more about it than you seemed to.
But, I am not sorry I answered you...although your responses were typically unappreciative. Instead of acting like a pissy, emotional bitch, your response should have been more like; "Ah, I see where I made my mistake in thinking the product was no more than vegetable oil"
But...you probably didn't read closer, and still don't realize it.
(shrug)
I don't know what you think your talking about. THE PRODUCT HAS NO AZADIRACHTIN. BUT if I close my eye's and sprinkle some ferry dust it will work just like it really does. Woo hoo- moron.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know what you think your talking about. THE PRODUCT HAS NO AZADIRACHTIN. BUT if I close my eye's and sprinkle some ferry dust it will work just like it really does. Woo hoo- moron.
You can stick the moron stuff up your ass.
I suggest you do some reading and then get back to us. Until then, it is clear that you are simply an argumentative dumbass that can't be taught many tricks. Clueless bag of toss.

Blue Dot...
Please get a grip...
You are making assumptions. Find somewhere that states that spinosad is only for use on ornamentals. You can't. You are making a big leap assumption.
Could it be that with the plants mentioned, that mites could only be recognized as a problem with ornamentals? Read the label on Montery Spinosad...do you see the letters OMRI? If so, then do a search.
I see a pattern developing here with you.

It is always funny when folks first start to see things and ask questions...almost as if they are the first to realize that neem is nothing more than vegetable oil, and spinosad is only for evergreen bushes.

B

Blue Dot

Blue Dot...
Please get a grip...
You are making assumptions. Find somewhere that states that spinosad is only for use on ornamentals. You can't. You are making a big leap assumption.
Could it be that with the plants mentioned, that mites could only be recognized as a problem with ornamentals? Read the label on Montery Spinosad...do you see the letters OMRI? If so, then do a search.
I see a pattern developing here with you.

Are you blind?

I posted that screen grab of the pdf of the monterey spinosad label TWICE in this thread.

It's the only part of the label that lists spider mites and if you could read you'll see that's it's ONLY listed for Outdoor ORNAMENTALS for spider mites.

Look, I get it, growers like you are frustrated with mites as am I but that doesn't mean we should read into the label something that isn't there.

Let me clue you in. There are ZERO pesticides listed for spider mites on crops that are intended to be consumed by smoking as a method of ingestion.

The pesticide manufacturers SIMPLY don't test for this method of ingestion. Why would they, most people don't smoke carrots or tomatoes?!

What happens is growers like you notice that a certain product is effective on such and such and then make the gigantic stoner leap that if it's effective enough to kill your insects then it must also be safe enough to consume.

I repeat: There are NO products listed as effective for spider mites that are LISTED as SAFE to consume by smoking as a method of ingestion.

It's all just supposition on your part.

You can BELIEVE they are safe all you want but don't try and prove it just by your beliefs.

ORMI, lol, tell it to the cancer doctor!

Lt. Herb

There are ZERO pesticides listed for spider mites on crops that are intended to be consumed by smoking as a method of ingestion.

The pesticide manufacturers SIMPLY don't test for this method of ingestion. Why would they, most people don't smoke carrots or tomatoes?!

I repeat: There are NO products listed as effective for spider mites that are LISTED as SAFE to consume by smoking as a method of ingestion.

It's all just supposition on your part.

You can BELIEVE they are safe all you want but don't try and prove it just by your beliefs.

ORMI, lol, tell it to the cancer doctor!

Not to play devil's advocate here, but what evidence do you offer to the contrary? There is none, as no tests have been done to prove the point either way, by your own admission. Seems you are taking the same leap Hoosier is, just in the opposite direction. Even if they had tested it to be safe for smoking, do you really think they'd put it on the label and run the risk of drawing federal attention (esp. when other companies are trying to distance themselves from even MMJ in states where MMJ is legal)?

Back to the topic of Neem Oil.

I didn't close my bottle all that well (the top was screwed on a little, just not all the way to make a tight seal). Three days later, when I go back to mix up another application, half the damn bottle is gone. Evaporated in three days time from a bottle that was 3/4 closed. Now, I don't know how long everyone else hangs their bud to dry, but I figure 3-7 days is about average, and given what I now know of neem oil evaporative properties, seems unlikely that any of it is gonna make it to my smoke. Even if I spray it down as I'm harvesting (which I've not quite done, but I have taken buds the day after/day of an application with no noticeable effects on taste or harshness after they dried).

Wish I could chime in on the azadirachtin thing, but I know fuck all about that. I do know that my fungus problem (botrytis I'm pretty sure) vectored by insects is under control now. Leaves that were spotting and turning color from the fungus dried out and curled up (on leaves that had individual leaflets hit by fungus, only affected leaflets curled) within hours of being hit with the neem. Spreading of the fungus stopped there, with the first application, subsequent applications kept it locked down and away from unaffected portions of the garden. Now all I have left of my infection is a few brown curly leaflets at the top of one of my plants that I can't quite reach w/o a step ladder to pull off. As far as insects go, it seems smaller insects are more affected by the neem than the larger ones. Ants, leafhoppers, thrips, ect. seem to avoid my plants for a few days after an application, but larger insects like ladybugs, mantises, pillbugs (roly-poly), and other larger things that I don't know the name of don't seem to really care as much.

L

LolaGal

did you say step ladder? :yoinks:

I found that the Green Light Neem oil has kilt off all the spider mites with one application.

Of course, I think the dish soap I added almost killed the plants, but that is my fault.

My Green Light Neem Oil sez on the label it KILLS..... and it do!

I doused my bloom room walls and all with it, and it seems to be keeping them out of there as well.

those spider mites don't seem to like this stuff.

So, I have learned to rinse my plants after you spray the Neem on in veg.

Don't use soap with it.

My sourbubbles are almost recovered, I have them in hiding since they look so bad after spraying.

My Karma gear has recovered. There are still a few clogged, droopy leaves, but

NO MITES.(so far so good)

I don't want to put this stuff on in bloom plants period. Yuck. It sez on the label not to breathe it! So I am sure it would be bad to apply and harvest the next day.

I will use this on big healthy veg plants, I think it puts a "bug barrier" scent on these plants. Seems to work pretty good with th e one application.

It's been a couple weeks, I think they are dead! Dead :dance:

I dance on their graves! :dance:

diamondmine

Wish I could chime in on the azadirachtin thing, but I know fuck all about that. I do know that my fungus problem (botrytis I'm pretty sure) vectored by insects is under control now. Leaves that were spotting and turning color from the fungus dried out and curled up (on leaves that had individual leaflets hit by fungus, only affected leaflets curled) within hours of being hit with the neem. Spreading of the fungus stopped there, with the first application, subsequent applications kept it locked down and away from unaffected portions of the garden. Now all I have left of my infection is a few brown curly leaflets at the top of one of my plants that I can't quite reach w/o a step ladder to pull off. As far as insects go, it seems smaller insects are more affected by the neem than the larger ones. Ants, leafhoppers, thrips, ect. seem to avoid my plants for a few days after an application, but larger insects like ladybugs, mantises, pillbugs (roly-poly), and other larger things that I don't know the name of don't seem to really care as much.

The azadirachtin thing was only being discussed because someone brought up greenlight neem which has no az. There are other components in greenlight that might act similar to az. but nobody has any proof that they are just as effective other than someone's word. If greenlight is just as good without az. than why do people buy products like einstein oil or azatrol, stuff like that. Anybody that wants to know about greenlight neem can look up what it's made of, and that is "clarified hydrophobic neem oil." That oil has it's az stripped from it, what's left is just the oil. I'm not the first to figure out that greenlight is a ripoff, nor the last. I'm just pissed that greenlight sells fake neem oil.

L

LolaGal

Government crap about this product I found FYI

Government crap about this product I found FYI

Summary

These two active ingredients are derived from the oil found in neem tree seeds. Humans have used this naturally-occurring oil for millennia for medicinal, cosmetic, and pesticidal purposes. When used in pesticide products, both azadirachtin and clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil can be applied to many food and non-food crops indoors and outdoors to control certain insects and related pests. Adverse effects are not expected to humans, wildlife, or the environment when products containing these active ingredients are used according to label directions. Labels direct users not to contaminate water and not to apply when honeybees are actively visiting flowers in the area.

Description of the Active Ingredient

Active Ingredient Name: Azadirachtin OPP Chemical Code: 121701 (CAS # 11141-17-6)

Active Ingredient Name: Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil OPP Chemical Code: 25007 (CAS # 8002-65-1)

Azadirachtin and Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil are derived from the natural oil found in seeds of the neem tree, Azadirachta indica A.Juss, which is native to arid regions of India. The ability of the oil to repel pests has been known for thousands of years; the oil also has been used on skin and medicinally. When the natural neem oil is removed from the seeds and treated with alcohol, virtually all of the azadirachtin and related substances separate from the oil itself. The remaining oil - without the azadirachtin - is called Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil. Azadirachtin acts in the following ways: It deters certain insects, such as locusts, from feeding and it interferes with the normal life cycle of insects, including feeding, molting, mating, and egg laying.

Use Sites, Target Pests, and Application Methods

Use Sites: Food and non-food plants; ornamentals; commercial and residential indoor and outdoor sites.

Target pests: Both active ingredients: Many kinds of insects, including whiteflies and moth larvae, as well as mites, aphids, and related organisms.

Clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil: Unlike azadirachtin, this active ingredient is also active against fungal diseases such as mildews and rusts.

Application Methods: Products normally are sprayed on plants
Assessing Risks to Human Health

Based on results of toxicity tests, risks to human health are not expected from use of these active ingredients.

Assessing Risks to the Environment

When used as directed on product labels, neither clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil nor azadirachtin are expected to harm non-target organisms. The substances are found in the environment, where they degrade naturally. However, product labels direct users not to apply the products directly to water, not to contaminate water during cleaning or disposal activities, and not to apply when honeybees are actively foraging.

Latest posts

Latest posts