What's new

Need your input about a realy serios breeding project

Amnesiakush

Update on my "OG" project.

I have decided which strains I will use. :good:

I will make two "OG" crosses with amnesia kush. An indica hybrid and a sativa.

For the indica hybrid I will use "HSO chemdawg" and "HSO master Kush" . Both strains are crossed with Emerald OG just like Amnesia Kush.

HSO chemdawg = (Chem 91 x Emerald OG) HSO master Kush = (Master Kush * 5 x Emerald OG).
Chem has piney and diesel phenos and master has good yield, fast flowering and is very tolerant.

In the sativa cross I will try both Goji OG and Stardawg.
Goji OG has a pinesol pheno, exactly what I'm looking 4 in the terp profile. Stardawg also has the right terp profile according to info you can find on the internet.

However, I have no experience with Stardawg or goji OG but will grow them and see which one performs best. Thoughts about the two?

Amnesiakush

My apologies. I thought the OP was looking to make an OG Kush strain. Seems it's more about the term not the genetics.

And no matter where you live, the story of OG Kush is on the interwebs and free for all to read. Also every European company sells OG Kush seeds these days.

Best of luck on your breeding project and happy Holidays!

In fact, I'm not looking for genetics or the term. I want the right terp profile. Pine and diesel are my favorite terps, so if it tastes / smells "OG" and is as potent as "OG" but easier to grow with a larger harvest, it is OG in my opinion.

Regarding OG's history, no one knows what the cross is. Trust me I'm a real nerd at this. :kiss:
What I know is that OG is a pain in the as to grow, low yielding, weak steam and strong pine smell / taste. All the original crosses with "original OG" has strong pine flavor! Underdawg, King Louise, Mk-Ultra, Hells angel...

Now everything is called OG even though it is (big bud x blueberry) :petting:

Amnesiakush

There are killer Kush's out there, A good kush is not mids when grown well lol. If you want a good plant to start with try Triangle Kush. Just keep in mind quality is only what you believe it to be. Never make something based on other's interpretation of quality. Finding the right parents to start with is the hardest part.

​​​
I do not think it exists. That's why I want my own OG.
Wifi is the closest thing to what I want to do, but lacks the right terp profile.

Triangle is a pheno of crippy, maby TKx91 is the original OG? But OG don't contain Kush genetics I think..

In US all genetics from that area was called Kush back in the day even if it was a pure afghani.
(Crippy x dogbud) is probobly the generics of OG.

With so much inbreeding invested in the OG lines, I would simply go with numbers.
Start as many seeds as you can, find the phenotypes you like most, and use them. Choosing a pheno by the name of the seedpack is not the way to go with inbred genetics.

You're looking for what everyone's looking

Yeah, I know everyone is looking 4 the same, but I want to find it :headbange

Regarding pheno hunt, I have pretty good resources.

I myself have over 250 pots that I run in SOG and also help from several growers who can do the same.
I also have a machine that can measure THC in buds. :good:
My plan is to test the 10-20 highest yielding plants for thc level and terp profile and then re-veg them to make seeds.

​​​​​​​The hardest I think is to find the right terp
ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
​​​
I do not think it exists. That's why I want my own OG.
Wifi is the closest thing to what I want to do, but lacks the right terp profile.

Triangle is a pheno of crippy, maby TKx91 is the original OG? But OG don't contain Kush genetics I think..

In US all genetics from that area was called Kush back in the day even if it was a pure afghani.
(Crippy x dogbud) is probobly the generics of OG.

Yes, good strong terps are harder to add in. Potency is much easier to find with the genetics out.. I run into the same terp issues all the time.. Potency alone is not enough..

Amnesiakush

Yes, good strong terps are harder to add in. Potency is much easier to find with the genetics out.. I run into the same terp issues all the time.. Potency alone is not enough..

Exactly!
The only reason I need to re-veg the plant is the terp profile. Otherwise I could only cross the plant that gives the best yield and the highest thc on the meter. That's easy..

I want a machine that can test terps as well but that does not come into question now.

Do you think re vegga plants can be a good idea so I can smell it before?

In fact, OG is the only strain I have experienced tasting pine. Other strains that are supposed to taste pine, I have not felt it at all.
Otherwise, there are lots of good "OG" I could cross with, but none genuine. Earthy, skunky, pungent, black pepper = is not OG !!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly!
The only reason I need to re-veg the plant is the terp profile. Otherwise I could only cross the plant that gives the best yield and the highest thc on the meter. That's easy..

I want a machine that can test terps as well but that does not come into question now.

Do you think re vegga plants can be a good idea so I can smell it before?

In fact, OG is the only strain I have experienced tasting pine. Other strains that are supposed to taste pine, I have not felt it at all.
Otherwise, there are lots of good "OG" I could cross with, but none genuine. Earthy, skunky, pungent, black pepper = is not OG !!

Not sure im understanding?.. I only reveg if I forgot to take a cutting. Most everything I grow I taker cuts from before flower. All the plants in flower will tell me which has the traits I look for. Any that don't will not stay, cuts will get tossed.

Pine comes from NL. Many used NL#5 in everything. I have a few projects that produce pine/Skunk. I've found that adding in unrelated Sativa/haze genetics opens up a lot more phenos.. I've been working with A5haze bx for a bit.. Im getting a lot more skunk/pine/spice plants from these.

Amnesiakush

Not sure im understanding?.. I only reveg if I forgot to take a cutting. Most everything I grow I taker cuts from before flower. All the plants in flower will tell me which has the traits I look for. Any that don't will not stay, cuts will get tossed.

Pine comes from NL. Many used NL#5 in everything. I have a few projects that produce pine/Skunk. I've found that adding in unrelated Sativa/haze genetics opens up a lot more phenos.. I've been working with A5haze bx for a bit.. Im getting a lot more skunk/pine/spice plants from these.

I'm sorry. Maybe it's because of my poor English, ore our different growing culture...

Reveg is our way of checking how the plant turns out without taking clones.

I'm a leader in a breeding crew with the best breeders and growers in Scandinavia (5 countries). 1. Norway, 2. Sweeden, 3. Denmark, 4. Finland and 5. Iceland. :grouphug:

When I talked to everyone in the organization and said that cloning is strictly forbidden, everyone dropped out! :freezing:
Not because they wanted to take clones but because they were so offended that I even mentioned it ..
We would rather take a bullet than a clone every day!
I have grown both sensi (NL#5 x Haze#1) and NL (NL # 1 x NL # 2 x NL # 5) and none of them has real pine taste like OG. I think the best source to that is chemdawg maby?

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry. Maybe it's because of my poor English, ore our different growing culture...

Reveg is our way of checking how the plant turns out without taking clones.

I'm a leader in a breeding crew with the best breeders and growers in Scandinavia (5 countries). 1. Norway, 2. Sweeden, 3. Denmark, 4. Finland and 5. Iceland. :grouphug:

When I talked to everyone in the organization and said that cloning is strictly forbidden, everyone dropped out! :freezing:
Not because they wanted to take clones but because they were so offended that I even mentioned it ..
We would rather take a bullet than a clone every day!
I have grown both sensi (NL#5 x Haze#1) and NL (NL # 1 x NL # 2 x NL # 5) and none of them has real pine taste like OG. I think the best source to that is chemdawg maby?

Taking cuttings is the easiest way to preserve a plant.. Revegging takes forever. It's fine to do it that way but it's not the most efficient method. No clue why cloning would get that reaction. Doesn't make any sense?. Flav/aromas are an individual perspective. Pinene terps are only stronger/weaker, how some interpret these is what changes. Lots of people do not smell/taste the same terps. NL#5 is well know for her Pinene terps. Im pretty sure this is where OG got pine. .

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Yeah, I know everyone is looking 4 the same, but I want to find it :headbange

Regarding pheno hunt, I have pretty good resources.

I myself have over 250 pots that I run in SOG and also help from several growers who can do the same.
I also have a machine that can measure THC in buds. :good:
My plan is to test the 10-20 highest yielding plants for thc level and terp profile and then re-veg them to make seeds.

The hardest I think is to find the right terp
ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
You can find anything, problem is to know what to look for

Latest posts

Latest posts