What's new

need advice about my recieved chemdog d cut with TMV symptons

G

Greyskull

the first D i got back in dec 08 was healthy for a long time and didnt really show sings of anything other than being happy. then one day a curly showed up.... not trying to scare you just sharing experience.

yours looks great (nice and green and healthy) to me so I hope she stays that way.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Maybe this is something, maybe it isn't...

Here is a HIGHLY inbred (at least...I think) seedling of Federation Romulan. I popped 5 beans and got 5 females. They ALL looked like this. Some were more fried looking with less indentation and change of color, some had more 'scarring' and discoloration like this one:

picture.php

Oh yeah, and they grew out of the mutation completely...

I can get a link to pictures of the others if you want them...not sure what the policy is on linking other sites...(the other pictures are not on this site and I deleted them from my computer).

I do not have any similar characteristics in any of my other plants. If I had to make a supposition, I'd suppose that this is the 'inbreeding scarring' that occasionally appears. I don't think my seedlings contracted TMV when none of my other plants have any type of deformation, and I don't think they are undernuted because they were in a diluted FFOF mix...

N

NOYB

say what you want.i am right.
I for one don't believe you are and would bet money on it.

I emailed a friend and waiting for his OK to post his response to me. Believe I can say though he leans toward it being a systemic parasitic fungus. This opinion is strongly influenced by the leaf twisting and is not a pH or nute issue he's ever seen. I forwarded Jeff's pics to him for an opinion. I'll post his response if he OK's it.

Jeff - please re-read that PM I sent and post a pic as he requested if possible and I'll get his opinion.

Some of the pics posted more recently are mutants and not related to the topic of discussion of this thread...IMO.

Also Chem D is not inbred...at least not too much. The Chem line came from bagseed many years back and don't feel the inbreeding thing was as much of an issue back then. It is a pretty old clone however.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Here's a DJ short f13

I'm pretty sure I'd get the intro to TMV seminar if I posted this under another handle in the sick plant forum under the title of "I think I got the vapors" or something similar. The symptoms are identical, are they not?

Poor inbreeding depression, such a bad rap, a simple deficit of heterozygous plants in the population in comparison with the Hardy-Weinberg frequency - highly desirable but most often misunderstood.

By Vic High, "Looking back, and after learning more about what effects blueberry traits, I wish that I had kept plants that I initially discarded." I believe it was Breeder Steve who was responsible for "Those might be the ones you want!". Then there is Chimera, nobody in this community cares more about the future of cannabis than this man. There he goes again utilizing Blueberry over and over again. Like moths to a flame, you'll see breeders in the know using highly inbred lines full of these type of traits because they understand exactly what likely comes along with it -prepotency.

The Chems, the OG Kush's, the Diesels, they are all highly inbred and prepotent like Blueberry etc, no doubt about this. This is why we have 100+/- different OG Kush etc clones (offspring) many closely resembling or even better than mom and also why these plants have a very high breeding value, in my opinion. -T

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think ive had this leafpattern with seeds beffore..

like you said plants seem to grow out of "IT",,,,,,,,,,

but with my plants,,,,,,,i find the leafpattern shows-up on clones when they first start growing,,,,leafs seem to curl on discoloured/damaged areas... if larger plants get shocked, the leaf pattern comes back on newgroth....

i have no idea if its TMV tho...

picture.php

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure I'd get the intro to TMV seminar if I posted this under another handle in the sick plant forum under the title of "I think I got the vapors" or something similar. The symptoms are identical, are they not?

Poor inbreeding depression, such a bad rap, a simple deficit of heterozygous plants in the population in comparison with the Hardy-Weinberg frequency - highly desirable but most often misunderstood.

By Vic High, "Looking back, and after learning more about what effects blueberry traits, I wish that I had kept plants that I initially discarded." I believe it was Breeder Steve who was responsible for "Those might be the ones you want!". Then there is Chimera, nobody in this community cares more about the future of cannabis than this man. There he goes again utilizing Blueberry over and over again. Like moths to a flame, you'll see breeders in the know using highly inbred lines full of these type of traits because they understand exactly what likely comes along with it -prepotency.

The Chems, the OG Kush's, the Diesels, they are all highly inbred and prepotent like Blueberry etc, no doubt about this. This is why we have 100+/- different OG Kush etc clones (offspring) many closely resembling or even better than mom and also why these plants have a very high breeding value, in my opinion. -T
:yeahthats WELL SAID!

good vibes

G

Greyskull

I for one don't believe you are and would bet money on it.

I emailed a friend and waiting for his OK to post his response to me. Believe I can say though he leans toward it being a systemic parasitic fungus. This opinion is strongly influenced by the leaf twisting and is not a pH or nute issue he's ever seen. I forwarded Jeff's pics to him for an opinion. I'll post his response if he OK's it.

Jeff - please re-read that PM I sent and post a pic as he requested if possible and I'll get his opinion.

Some of the pics posted more recently are mutants and not related to the topic of discussion of this thread...IMO.

Also Chem D is not inbred...at least not too much. The Chem line came from bagseed many years back and don't feel the inbreeding thing was as much of an issue back then. It is a pretty old clone however.

spf.... hmmmm

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats:laughing: Damn HDN...photoshoping? Thats bad...I show all my f.u.c.k. ups proudly...its what makes us human.
This turned into to a TMV war thread, lmao....sorry ojd

good vibes

N

NOYB

This turned into to a TMV war thread, lmao....sorry ojd
I see no war at all. Since OJD asked about this topic and started this thread what do you think after all these posts about what it is your Chem D cut has or is exhibiting OJD?

J

JeffSpicoli

this makes the most sense of anything i have read.. from crazy composer's Chem#4 thread

I'm NOT convinced 100% yet that it is a virus. Some folks are more than convinced, though, so I must keep an open mind. I'd figure we'd see the variegation on all leaves if it were a virus... Instead, it is prevalent on some branches, while not on others... This seems somewhat more like a case of genetic variegation.

In the nursery plant business, some of the famous variegated landscape plants were clones taken from variegated branches of normally NOT variegated plants. In other words... the plant is normal except for one branch that shows variegation... if you clone from that variegated branch, you get more variegated plants. This is true in the nursery business, this is probably the case in this business. A good experiment would be to only clone from Chem D branches that are not showing the variegation... It may well be that careful selection of unvariegated branches could lead to future clone generations with little or no variegation.

Z

Zeinth

?

?

someone posted that virus die at 108 degree's??

hmmm....ya, look for the one sided curly ...and the onesided verigation.

iam getting rust between leaf serations..wierd leaf twist.

mabie we need a real botanist to swing in here with the magic cure..:1help:

I had a chem 91 get that cut...it was from a clone from green angel of malibu...had that super mildew.. shit..what comes around goes around..

jeff do u dee that cut in the valley tmv pic...

J

JeffSpicoli

someone posted that virus die at 108 degree's??

jeff do u dee that cut in the valley tmv pic...

Ya someone posted about high temps like 105+ kill virus'

What do you mean do u dee that cut in the valley tmv pic??? huh?

Whoa ograskal!? i thought youre account was banned? very cool to see ya back on IC

ograskal

Veteran
Ya someone posted about high temps like 105+ kill virus'

What do you mean do u dee that cut in the valley tmv pic??? huh?

Whoa ograskal!? i thought youre account was banned? very cool to see ya back on IC

Hey wassup Jeff...Good to see ya too..~ogr

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi everyone
thankyou for all the info

ive come to the conclusion its tmv or a similar virus we dont know of

ive spoken with alot of big playas and everyone seems to have the chemd tmv

it is def not nutrients or cleanines on my part as all my other stuff would have it

as soon as i recieved this cut i noticed the tiny spot of tmv symptons and had already read about tmv so was pretty sure thats what it was
it has spread more as the plant has grown
no twist just marks on leaves like herbalisors pic on page 3

im going to flower a small 1 in the next few days so il see if it afects the bud, vigor or anything apart from looks which i doubt it will

peace

L

Lune TNS

Funny, my kksc cut shows this from time to time... when I first got it I was told it was some sort of viral thing, but at the time I just wrote it off as nothing important. I don't know what it is for sure. Been growing her for over a year now... from time to time I'll get a few funky leaves, and that's the end of it really. Whatever it is doesn't seem to affect her vigor all that much, and it's not feeding related...

That being said, I've never seen my chem D throw a similar leaf :confused: I haven't been growing the chem for as long but I'd think by now if my cut was infected with something it would show... wierd...