What's new

NBA Playoffs '09

NateDizz

i was stoked to see Nelson playing
he was supposed to be done for the season... thats a quick healing body and heart

They were talking about that during the pre-game show. More than likely he's not 100%, he's just playing so he'll get a ring if Orlando wins.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Howard's lack of a post up game is getting exposed big time.

? lack of post game? Or did you mean lack of jumpshot?

There were a few times when Howard had perfect position under the hoop and his team did not get him the ball. Thats Orlando's main problem, they dont run the offense threw him enough, when he touches the ball they get open shots, and last night. They didnt hit them, and thats whats scary to me as a lakers fan, if those shots start to fall.

I think as far as nelson playing goes, its good and bad, he played good and is the best point guard on that team, but he hasnt played for awhile, and in my opinion Rayford, was not to happy about his cut in minutes, and he doesn't play well when hes like that. To bad for him, cause that would be a hell of a 1-2 punch for Orlando with him coming of the bench. Hopefully Van Gundy
can convince him to keep his head and the game, and lets do whats good for the team.

If the lakers hit their jumpshots the rest of the series, it might be a clean sweep. I dont want that, i wont have any sports to watch till football comes around.

GO LAKERS

P.S. Anybody watch the spike lee special. Kobe Doin Work?

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Take it or leave it (Category: Before and After)

My Take it or leave it (Category: Before and After)

Not a fan of Kobe even though I acknowledge his phenomenal talent. As previously stated, Lakers made jumpshots, Orlando did not. Howard can dominate in the paint and has to for Orlando to win. They also have to hit jumpshots. Fouls on Howard are death poison for Orlando. Its possible, but not probable that Orlando could win. I love ShaqDiesel and would not like to see Kobe win one supposedly by "himself". They will all talk team this and team that, but it would be a monkey off Kobe's back. We know The Big Aristotle won without Kobe. I hope Orlando can put it together and win against the odds. A steal as an away would be nice, but I feel even down a potential 2-0, they could still come back. Unless the lakers are wearing kryptonite necklaces, how can you kill Superman. Peace and Smoke to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT HEADS, remember it is entertainment. :joint:

NateDizz

I love ShaqDiesel and would not like to see Kobe win one supposedly by "himself". They will all talk team this and team that, but it would be a monkey off Kobe's back. We know The Big Aristotle won without Kobe.

Man, all this talk of "Kobe only won 3 championships because of Shaq and he'll never do it without him" is getting so tired. Yeah, Kobe wouldn't have won them without Shaq but Shaq wouldn't have got 'em without Kobe either. It works both ways.

Yes, Shaq has won a title since but he had a ballin' D-Wade workin' with him too. The reason people go on about "team this and team that" is because it's a team sport not a one man show. Shaq didn't win the title in Miami by himself.

smoke1sun

Veteran
Man, all this talk of "Kobe only won 3 championships because of Shaq and he'll never do it without him" is getting so tired. Yeah, Kobe wouldn't have won them without Shaq but Shaq wouldn't have got 'em without Kobe either. It works both ways.

Yes, Shaq has won a title since but he had a ballin' D-Wade workin' with him too. The reason people go on about "team this and team that" is because it's a team sport not a one man show. Shaq didn't win the title in Miami by himself.

Amen lets see Shaq when one without a talented player like kobe, or d-wade, since for some reason kobe has to win without shaq.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did not make this so called "rivalry" up. It is talked about on every sports show at one time or another. Im just buying in to the entertainment. Yes I agree it is a team sport, but that is not how it is always portrayed. Go Superman! Peace smoke swishes

NateDizz

It is talked about on every sports show at one time or another.

Yeah, they usually talk about how rediculous it is.

I've never seen any reputable show or analyst(s) ever talk about this as if it were a legitimate topic.

The only people who think on that level are people who don't know a thing about basketball. It's gossip, it's not even an intelligent thought.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the playoffs and everything that goes with it. As a person that is not a fan of Kobe, it is easy to say he hasnt won without Shaq. I have never been in the NBA so I do not know too much about what goes on in THE LEAGUE, if any of you have an inside scoop, let us know. Other then that it is all opinions. I just buy in to the enterainment purposes. The Shaq-Kobe rivalry goes far beyond just not winning a championship without Shaq. I really think Kobe will win this year, but, whether he wins or not and legitimate topic or not, you can bet your asses ESPN and every other sports show will make a big deal about Kobe winning without Shaq or losing another one without Shaq. Peace and smoke.

B

BuddahBoyee

Kobe is home for the season. What we are seeing is the "Black Mamba." He has the fangs sharpened and the pioson is flowing..

Well...on a positive note Orlando has disneyworld...Go Mickey! haha. Lakers got this.

smoke1sun

Veteran
The Shaq-Kobe rivalry goes far beyond just not winning a championship without Shaq. I really think Kobe will win this year, but, whether he wins or not and legitimate topic or not, you can bet your asses ESPN and every other sports show will make a big deal about Kobe winning without Shaq or losing another one without Shaq. Peace and smoke.

Here's some inside scope for ya, the kobe-shaq beef is old news.

The new thing is shaq dissin howard. Look it up, seems he dosent want anybody eat, unless its off his plate.

B

BigHerm

I doubt Shaq or Kobe give a shit about this "beef." There wont be a big man as dominant as Shaq for a fucking long time.

HindukushMaster

magic better play hard tonight, kobe looked pretty unstopable last game and im nervous since there in la again.. dwight has to really put in work to make up for thel ast games f up's

G

Greyskull

kobe loked like he stepped on the ball early on... hope he;s alright

G

Greyskull

wow... Lake show by 5 in OT
great game

2 more wins until #24 gets the real MVP trophy he craves...

smoke1sun

Veteran
squeaked one out there. I said before and ill say it again, nba refs are horrible, not for one team or the other all around. Inconsistent as hell. Good game tho.