What's new

NBA Playoffs '09

G

Greyskull

hey nice sig...
that fucking toolbox left a visitor message threatening me telling me he wants to punch me out. haha
edit: disparaging details about light midgrade shake in big d;s sig has been changed... don;t be fooled though lms is still a squid

i wish i knew how to use paint as well to cover up my burnt leaf tips lol

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Great job Lake show......finally the killer instinct......I thought the Nuggets were gonna get dirty in the 4th.....but they took the beating as well as can be expected......Phil Jackson broke these Nuggets down after a few games and Kobe delivered on cue with the game plan.......Zen master had these Lakers on there game in game 6.........Lakers waiting in the finals.....

strydr

Woo Woo, go Lakes!
Kobe is good, but that doesn't win games. When the bench plays right, they win. Bring on whoever the EC has to offer- if the lakers are playing on their game, they are unstoppable.

K Double O

Melo + Billups > Kobe

Just my opinion, but I like watching teams play instead of a star and 4 other guys.

What a load of crap. You cant possibly believe some shit like that. Melo & Billups? Better than Kobe? Put down the crack pipe.

Oh and by the way slappyjack. What team in the NBA won a championship that didnt have a superstar? I'll answer that for you. None.

Now we got some LA fans? I thought most of the posts in this thread were anti "cheese"

Come on, you guys can all get a spot on the Laker bench. We take non believers and ex haters as well.

emmy75

so could this be the last game for lebron and co??

i guess it really doesnt matter cause the Lakers are gonna smoke whoever else is in the finals. Kobe is gonna make sure he gets the title this year

NateDizz

What a fuckin' play by LeBron with 0.2 left in the quarter!!

I can't help but feel bad for the guy. He's playing quite possibly the best series anyone has ever seen in NBA history and he's still losing games because of his weak support.

I hate Orlando more than just about any team and there's nothing I want to see more then for them to get shut down in their own home and then lose it all in game 7 but unless Cleveland can step up their perimeter defense and get Dwight into foul trouble it's gonna be a long shot.

Cleveland better make a move in the offseason or LeBron better get the fuck outta there in '10.

emmy75

yah I feel bad for Lebron too. But you have to earn the title not get just because youre a good player.

In the 4th quarter of game 5 the Cavs scored 34 points 32 of which belonged to James. That speaks volumes!!!

Still alot of time left for a turnaround though

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Cleveland......Mike Brown has been out coached and Cleveland has been outplayed.....hellva job by Lebron......one of the best performance ever in a playoff series.....just not enough help......Orlando has just killed the Cavs in the half court sets with great ball movement and alot of guys that can nail the 3 on a regular basis has been more than Cleveland could handle.......No dream Kobe Lebron matchup.....damn it.......Cleveland could have been sweep 4-0 in this series.....what a shocker.........Orlando has arrived

NateDizz

Orlando welcome to Cali-- its going to be a short trip

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Orlando actually match up quite well against the Lakers. Orlando's interior defensive is very strong and since Bynum is a foul magnet they don't really have anyone to effectively guard him on the offensive end. Also Orlando moves the ball well and have a lot of guys who can drain jumpers and the 3 ball consistently and since L.A. will probably have to double team alot they'll get lots of looks. Not to mention they have the type of defensive players needed to make Kobe work for his points.

Now don't get me wrong, I want L.A. to win this just as much as you do. Like I said before, I have a severe dislike for Orlando and nothing would make me happier than to see them lose, but I think it's crazy to think that L.A. will make short work of them. It will be a long series but hopefully Kobe can prove this year that he doesn't need Shaq to win a championship and put all the critics to rest.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
orlando is tough...

the cavs struggled and failed to find an answer... either howard was tearin it up in the key, or he was dishin it out for a 3 pointer to be made...

i wouldnt be surprised if they win it all

emmy75

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Orlando actually match up quite well against the Lakers. Orlando's interior defensive is very strong and since Bynum is a foul magnet they don't really have anyone to effectively guard him on the offensive end. Also Orlando moves the ball well and have a lot of guys who can drain jumpers and the 3 ball consistently and since L.A. will probably have to double team alot they'll get lots of looks. Not to mention they have the type of defensive players needed to make Kobe work for his points.

Nate

I was just havin a little fun. I know that this is going to be a tough matchup for the Lakers just as the last two rounds have been. And I am glad that the Lakers were tested in the playoffs and will be tested in the finals.

Orlando can bring game and no doubt they want it just as badly as the Lakers, although I don't think anyone player wants to win as badly as Kobe! and the Lakers being the favorite means nothing. Orlando has just a good a chance of beating the Lakers as the the Lakers have of beating Orlando.

I hope its a good series and I can hardly wait till Thursday.

To me its all about Odom and Gasol. If they bring it I dont know how the Lakers could lose. :2cents:

NateDizz

I hope its a good series and I can hardly wait till Thursday.

I'm with ya on that! I'm really hoping this turn out to be a long, tough series and I'd be shocked if it's not. As long as Kobe walks outta there with the gold it's all good.

As much as I want L.A. to win though there's a little part of me that doesn't know if I like the idea of Phil taking over Red as the coach with the most championships...

Styles P

why should i? i hate kobe and the lakers and i hate a offense that consists of dwight in the middle and 4 players out for 3.