What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanda Devi

herblux

Thank you @44:86N !
Will order those Dakshinkali as well, they interest me. Although I don't have high hopes for them finishing anywhere in central Europe, gotta get to your latitude or lower for that.
Have a good winter smoking those Nanda Devi :)

44:86N

@44:86N beautiful grow, thanks for sharing!

When did they start flowering for you, in case you know, please?

Here's a phone pic (not the best) from September 19, by the looks she's been flowering for 3 or 4 weeks.

Attachments

• Nada Devi Sept 19.jpg
    Nada Devi Sept 19.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 202

Old Piney

Kwik Seeds is the best. Good to hear and know they have restocked Nada Devi. Looking forward to your future reports. I hope you get some special girls! Are these for outside? What's your latitude?
Yes in coastal New Jersey about 40 degrees N. I've. grown trsc kumaoni with no problem. I was hoping that Devi mature early as described but I can do middle to late November no problem

Last edited:

Yes in coastal New Jersey about 40 degrees N. I've. grown trsc kumaoni with no problem. I was hoping that Devi mature early as described but I can do middle to late November no problem
That sounds about perfect. Mine all could have gone a little longer, but I didn't want to test them in the snow!

I am going to try and start my seeds beginning in late March, due to the randomness, but also hoping that the early ones, having a longer veg time, may begin and finish a little sooner. This was certainly true of the 4 seeds I popped. The first to germinate was the best/most developed. The other two germinated 5 and 6 weeks after the first (the male was post-3 weeks, but grew/developed fast), and I think they both could have gone to the last half of November. One of them is pretty sparse with small bracts.

need4weed

Veteran
The flower structure on #3 is beautiful, and they took on a dark color, though not as deep as the bushy plant. Very full and classic look flower structures. This one has the strongest fragrance as well. Carrots with a spicy overtone. All three smell of carrots, as did the male. Plant #3 finished out just under 11’ or 3.25 meters.
View attachment 18780545

Plant #2 was the lankiest, wildest looking of the three. I called her “The Snake Plant.” Thinnest flower structure of the batch, but with very pretty pink striations on the calyx. A mix of green and purple on the stems. On frosty mornings I swear the flower tops on the long branches turned themselves into the rising sun. This one also finished out at close to 11’ and had a very narrow upright profile. A cool plant, for sure.

View attachment 18780546

Now it’s curing time. I will be taking the nicest tops and jarring them up for some Ganja, probably to be ready next spring/early summer, from what I have read about properly curing this strain. The smaller buds will be put to the press, and I am really looking forward to trying to get some rosin from this strain, and will eventually follow up with some reports.

Freshly harvested flowers, #1:
View attachment 18780547

View attachment 18780548

A comparison of #1 and #3 (3 is a little too early):
View attachment 18780550

Nada Devi is truly a wonderful strain to grow, and if the reports of long lasting psychoactivity are correct, she will be a wonderful strain to commune with! If you’re looking for something that will amaze you in unexpected ways, and give you some appreciation for the “wilder side of cannabis,” I would highly recommend Nada Devi. I sincerely hope her seeds become easily available again.

View attachment 18780552

View attachment 18780553

Thanks for taking the time to check all this out & happy Growing!
@44:86N what's your overall thought on this line? Have you had chance to smoke each plant? What was the flowering time for these? Are they as fast as advertised?

@44:86N what's your overall thought on this line? Have you had chance to smoke each plant? What was the flowering time for these? Are they as fast as advertised?
I like this line, but the speed is related to the latitude you grow them at. Up here, it's November for sure. The purple one did finish by early November, but the other two, I think they would have gone to the end of November, and were not as developed as the purple. I think it probably needs a longer cure, but after 6 or 7 weeks, the purple one has a nice high that is indeed long lasting. I'm looking forward to seeing how she is in another 6 weeks.

Lebanizer

@44:86N
Super awesome that you've had the opportunity to grow them in the soil !

This is really where those plants belong so they can stretch to the sky and put on humongous roots deep inside the soil ! I'm happy you've also realized how special this plant is. I envy you ! Sadly I'm confined to growing in pots :'(... but anyway...

How much did you harvest ? Do you plan to smoke it as bud or will you make hash ? It's a hash strain to begin with so hash is probably the better option if you can but even as bud it has incredible character that many high thc commercial strains are no match for !

@44:86N
Super awesome that you've had the opportunity to grow them in the soil !

This is really where those plants belong so they can stretch to the sky and put on humongous roots deep inside the soil ! I'm happy you've also realized how special this plant is. I envy you ! Sadly I'm confined to growing in pots :'(... but anyway...

How much did you harvest ? Do you plan to smoke it as bud or will you make hash ? It's a hash strain to begin with so hash is probably the better option if you can but even as bud it has incredible character that many high thc commercial strains are no match for !
It was a good harvest, 3 quart mason jars worth from the early plant, which turned out the best. Didn't weigh it, as it is pretty light and fluffy. I would characterize it as old school sativa -- up, energizing, positive, but with a nice head stone to it. Seems to last for a long while. Good for doing chores or talking a hike. I'm just smoking the flowers. First big puff is pretty harsh, but once you get used to it, the flavor is nice.

I did self this lady, and got a decent little return on on some S1 seeds, and hit one of her sisters as well.

I think you'd need to grow a quantity of these to make a worthwhile amount of say, bubble hash. I was hoping to do that, but overall harvest per plant is kind of light, so I just skipped it this year. It would be fun to grow a stand of these, so one of these years. She is a great plant to grow and hang out with.

alvin88

What has everyone's most successful method been for germinating nanda devi?? I've got 12 that I can't wait to get going soon!

What has everyone's most successful method been for germinating nanda devi?? I've got 12 that I can't wait to get going soon!
Stick them in some nice potting mix, water well, then let them dry out. Repeat. Cold night time temps/warm days. She's a tough one. I've never tried to scarify a seed, but that tech is certainly worth pursuing.

Easy to root cuttings, though.

Best of luck to you!

LndRcLvr

Hi there. Newbie here. Not newbie grower I just sowed 26 of these RSC seeds at lattitude 51 n any advice on growing them outdoors at this lattitude? I tried to scrape with a Stanley blade but they kept popping out of my hand and I was losing them, so dropped them in a small pot lined with sand paper and gave them a shake for a while. I'll post pics when I get some plants

Hi there. Newbie here. Not newbie grower I just sowed 26 of these RSC seeds at lattitude 51 n any advice on growing them outdoors at this lattitude? I tried to scrape with a Stanley blade but they kept popping out of my hand and I was losing them, so dropped them in a small pot lined with sand paper and gave them a shake for a while. I'll post pics when I get some plants
Position them in a spot that will get that late season sun. You are for sure looking at a November harvest. My earliest was 11/4, the other 2 could have gone 3 weeks longer. Amazing weather and mold tolerance, though. And the fall growing season has been getting longer up north, too. I really enjoyed growing this strain the whole way through. She's a beauty.

Lebanizer

A piece of advice for any lattitude: don't toss the seeds if they don't sprout. They can somestimes take much longer than two weeks to pop. Up to three years. If they don't pop, just put them on the side, they will pop eventually.

LndRcLvr

@Lebanizer @44:86N thanks for the advice. true about the summers getting longer - I managed to get a seed i got from a Thai weed bag to go through till first week of December last year and got some nice smokable but immature weed - but it was undercover in a south facing lean to. These plants will be left to their own devices into he wilderness but excited to see wha happens if i can get them to maturity

Latest posts

Latest posts