What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanda Devi

alvin88

Here's my only female it's a Nanda Devi #2. Finally started flowering. It was a straggler stuck on the side of one of my pots but I still can't wait to try it!! So far the smell is, citrus and cedar. Maybe fresh unburnt incense.

The leaves are super narrow!! Even more than the highland lao I have wich still isn't even flowering haha. That's the last pic l, for comparison of the fan leaves.

Attachments

• 20231002_145020.jpg
    20231002_145020.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 20231002_145034.jpg
    20231002_145034.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • 20231002_145050.jpg
    20231002_145050.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20231002_145100.jpg
    20231002_145100.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78

44:86N

Been busy with Croptober. Round one is done. Still watching my Nada Devi f1 crosses made last year. They should be ready late October. Looking good. More soon.

Nada Devi x Pakistan1975, Sept. 16, 2023, 45th N ----

Biggest girl of 3, probably end of October

NDxP75 Big Mama.jpg

My favorite plant, looks to be the earliest, probably around the 20th. Some nice foxtailing going on.
NDxP75 Fav Girl Back Lit.jpg

Her flowers, 9/16/23

NDxP75 Fav Girl Sept 16.jpg

One of the more interesting expressions, Nada Devi x Razavi Khorasan --

NDxRK No2.jpg

alvin88

Those crosses look awesome 44:86N!

I SO wanted to leave my Lao male around to pollinate my Nanda. I don't think the rest of the garden finishing it two weeks would have appreciated it as much.

Already ready to order more for next year!! I'm really trying to figure out the difference between the Namda Devi 1, 2, and Kumaoni. The descriptions all kind of bleed together. What do yall think?? Is Nanda devi 1 the closest to a drug type? 2 and kumaoni more fibre???

need4weed

Veteran
Been busy with Croptober. Round one is done. Still watching my Nada Devi f1 crosses made last year. They should be ready late October. Looking good. More soon.

Nada Devi x Pakistan1975, Sept. 16, 2023, 45th N ----

Biggest girl of 3, probably end of October

View attachment 18904363

My favorite plant, looks to be the earliest, probably around the 20th. Some nice foxtailing going on.
View attachment 18904364

Her flowers, 9/16/23

View attachment 18904365

One of the more interesting expressions, Nada Devi x Razavi Khorasan --

View attachment 18904370
@44:86N nice crosses bro, the nanda x pakistan 75 sounds a treat. What's your thoughts on the 75, don't see much about it in the threads, the description sounds really good

Old Piney

Those crosses look awesome 44:86N!

I SO wanted to leave my Lao male around to pollinate my Nanda. I don't think the rest of the garden finishing it two weeks would have appreciated it as much.

Already ready to order more for next year!! I'm really trying to figure out the difference between the Namda Devi 1, 2, and Kumaoni. The descriptions all kind of bleed together. What do yall think?? Is Nanda devi 1 the closest to a drug type? 2 and kumaoni more fibre???
From the description is Nanda 2 is a natural hybrid between Kumaoni and Nanda 1. Nanda 1 is a straight-up drug strain and is only cultivated for charas production , whereas Kumaoni is a multi-purpose strain used for producing charas , fiber as well as seeds. I've grown Kumaoni outside for the last few years and I can tell you high is very unique and the tastes and smells are lovely. Kumaoni I a true giant I've never seen anything like it. If your growing inside you might be better off with Nanda 1 it's not quite as large and the high is stronger I believe. I tried to grow Nanda 1 this season but the damn groundhogs finished the off. If you decide to grow it , I was able to germinate 11 out of 14 seeds in a week using a light sandpaper scarification followed by a soak in a light solution of H202 and folic acid in a paper towel

alvin88

Right on, I kinda came to that conclusion after cross referencing the three descriptions a few times haha. I get confused.

I'll have to see how the high is from ND2 before I decide on more seeds. If it's what I'm seeking I may just order more, as I'll be running it outside for sure. But I'd also be interested to see how ND1 performs outside as well. Hopefully I can order some while the kumaoni is still a freebie! 🤘

How did Nanda Devi by itself, uncrossed, do for ya outside?

Shigshwa

With CO2, I was able to pump my NDs to nearly 2 feet in a month, and had to use training clips to bend and coil the main stem. This leaf shape is new to me, resembles the illustrations of very long ago.

att.r4fm3c4UymqTModsOq8a_ELlISMVXxFk7Yt4KxgmPtA.jpg
There is no other plant in my collection that has a stem rub quite like these, the males smelling hoppy and musky, this female here smelling of woody lemon zest. The flowers will tell the real story though.

LndRcLvr

PXL_20231125_231149550.jpg

My Nanda Devi season:

Some very vigorous plants. I cut back two of the plants almost three times during the growing season. And they still got to 2m after flowering. As other growers have mentioned lovely fresh smell of citrus, pine and spicy. I cut the plants down at the start of November but if the weather was better i would have left them till mid novembe

One female was much less productive, was producing purple brachts and yellow hairs which made it quite a looker. Minimal resin and small buds. I decided to make bubble hash with this plant. I got 0.5 g of hard hashish from it. Haven't smoked it yet.

The other two plants I dried and am curing. They are in the picture above. They are very slightly sticky. In a vape this is a pleasant smoke and you definitely get the pine and citrus notes coming through.

Strangely enough, even though not heavy with resin I definitely get really high when smoking it. I did find it a leaves me a bit cloudy and racy.

Last edited:

alvin88

First little tester bud of my Nanda Devi #2

Extremely loose and airy, but bracts dripping in resin. This plant could have got a lot more sun, Ill be doing extensive tree trimming for next season.

Smells of cedar, and notes of citrus. With an incense sting/bite to it if that makes sense. I tried a quick vape of it and it tastes absolutely amazing. Though I will need to smoke a joint of it on a fresh head tomorrow to judge the high.

20231204_190826.jpg
20231204_191010.jpg

Now what do I get for next year?! Of course I'd like to try nanda devi 1, and run more samples ofn#2, but all these other varieties are calling me too! 😅

PlasmaTube

ND#2

Super hollow stem. Looks like a hemp type, but who knows. Tall as hell, just now starting to branch some. Other ND#2 is skinnier, shorter, but looks a bit more wild.

Running these just to run. Not expecting grade A smoke. My guess is, this is the more on the wild side like Angus mentioned, but I'm only going off of the hempy stem.

More to come
IMG_20240417_001228898.jpg
IMG_20240417_001250123.jpg
IMG_20240417_001243261.jpg
IMG_20240417_001257632.jpg