What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

N e p a l Smoke Tour : Titoon in the land of hashish

indifferent

Veteran
Hello friends,

indifferent : thanks for the info mate, it could be very possible. I actually haven't smoked any black hash since i'm here, i used all into oil. Some very bad black around kathmandu, that's a shame...
I have to try the purifiying method i've learnt from France, which extract much of the shit and help identify it, so i can have more info on the stuff they used for lacing... basically you boil hash into water, around 15 minutes, remove the water, do it 4 times. The water will contain the contaminants.

So far i've tried it on my last pollen, and it seems pure, no grease appearing in the water. I ll check that on the black soon...

Hehe, time to reinforce the French stereotype of us Brits as 'le rosbif' lol.

When you make gravy English style, you first collect the meat stock and let it cool, this stock of course, has fats in it from the beef, as it cools, it settles on the top as a layer, then partially solidifies, you can then skim it off with a spoon. It looks very like the precipitate you had as it's cooling.

I'm not at all sure how to remove it, but as you said, the oil was good, so who cares!

I have heard before that most of the black hash in Kathmandu is cut with some fats, either animal fats or ghee, which is why I say getting out of town on a 'shopping trip' to the villages to see the farmers would be a good idea.

Good luck with the seed collecting, I hope you manage to find some nice genes!

Wish i was there, it is a place I have always dreamed of visiting.

Feb2006er

Hey Titoon29 you need to get some tubes, MS media, plant preservative mix, and some I3BA(rooting liquid). I don't know how you will get things clean, but that mix will make the plants clone. They might be in hibernation for a minute, but if you pull them out they will root in rockwool asap. Kitchenculture kits are a good place to start. I hope this helps.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
:jump: i won a free night....! i hope a big chillum is included :dance013:

titoon i love the way you are doing what you do ...!!!

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!!! :thank you:

ngakpa

Veteran
I have heard before that most of the black hash in Kathmandu is cut with some fats, either animal fats or ghee,

interesting suggestion

I saw jungli charas with a small amount of butter/ghee in it --- the Sherpa guy who had rubbed it said he just put a thin layer on his hands first, as it made hand-rubbing much quicker

problem is - butter, ghee, animal fat goes rancid pretty quickly ---

if there was any significant % of fat in the charas, you would think it would become pretty obvious pretty quick from the rancid fat stink ---

Last edited:

indifferent

Veteran
Oh, not saying there is a significant % in there, just a tiny bit, and i can understand putting it on the hands first, anyone who's done any hand rubbing knows how it can be rough on the skin so some lubrication is a very good idea.

Even a tiny bit would be enough to form a visible layer on top of the oil imho.

I might be wrong about what the contaminant is, but I reckon that is what the yellow coloured stuff was - contaminant of one kind or another.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Feb2006er: ty again for the idea, but would you have any evidence that this method work ? I have seen many claims, but only one single picture of it. Also i'm not sure i would have an interest in the method right now ( i can also take normal clones, but they ll be flowering, and what do i do with clones anyway ... ?). I need seeds... but i'm always open to any suggestion :)

buddah friend, you know that it s all included, pollen, titoon special, and even a chocolate banana space cake... ;-) Come and try it ...

ngakpa
: thx again for your comments and knowledge you bring. Well i'm not gonna trust ppl on hash tips anymore i guess, if they are unable to find good stuff where it exists... I ll trust myself only.

HeryRom hello l'ami, thanks for your comment !

indifferent
thx for your comment on the fat stuff, it definetly could be. Also from 200g extraction i can say there was maximum 5g of that fat stuff, not more.. so it could be used only for protecting the hands in this case... Tonight i'm making oil from pollen only, so we'll see what i find in it.

About the purification method, i think it definetly can even help find tree resin and most contaminant, not extract it maybe, but by the smell, the color/aspect of the water. I remember spotting therebentin in huge ratio on "french-morrocon hash" : makes like gasoline in water... Anyway i'm using this method to spot the stuff, not to purify, if anything inside i don't smoke and throw the stuff or make oil.

like you said ngakpa if there was a lot, then I should be able to spot it by the smell. So for lacing black hash, they must also use different stuff, most nepali say shoe polish.

I have my iolite (portable vaporizer) repaired, so i started investigating with that. It is a crazy tool, it reveals hidden flavours that seems definetly far from any cannabis product i have vaporised.

My experience with the 500g polm chunk with vaporizer is not so good, and makes me think there is something added. It has a very particular spicy flavour that is not enjoyable, that appears after few minutes of toking, meaning higher boiling point than most terpens, probably around the thc one.

but i'm not sure yet what it is. Still it gives very strong up high, with no headache whatsoever, and looks pure, is quite sticky and soft, and has a very nice floral/kushy/bubble gum smell. And almost impossible to tell if you smoke.

Seems that all kathmandu hashs and polm have this little flavour in common, you don't feel it much by smoking but it is obvious when you vaporize. Wtf is that, i don't know, it def could be the animal fat (ghee), but also could be the taste of nepal cured hash in a vaporizer...

I ll be back after my oil experiment tonight, and keep on gathering info, and try to make conclusions and find easy method to spot this fake fucking hashs...

A village trip is def on my plans, but right now i have those 500g to smoke or sell (quite not easy), and not a big budget anymore... But i have a cool dirtbike ! Also i'm planning a trip to varanesi (india), but that's for a californian girl, not hash... ah ah ! sometimes we have to give priorities in life !

also this polm comes straight from villages i can tell you, and my guy is very trustable. So that i would get in villages also, and so far i'm not able to tell wether it is laced much or not...

Thanks all for following this thread... I ll probably be a bit out of picts for a while, again got a problem with my camera , it s getting fixed ....

+++

ngakpa

Veteran
hi

the thing is with things like butter and shoe polish - if there is anything more than a very small % it is very obvious

I have tried mixing shoe polish with very high grade dry sieve (golden garda) and it was very obvious --- nobody would want to smoke it

my guess is that the most often they use tree resins, and powdered cannabis leaf - both have the advantage of being aromatic and smelling right when they burn

burning butter/fat and shoe polish do not smell right

just for the record, that pic I posted of charas is "polm" --- i.e. it is sieved, not hand-rubbed "black" --- good Nepali sieve should not have that dry, dusty quality --- it should be visibly made of trichomes, but discolour and darken when handled because it is so reisnous

these are three pictures of cut charas

there are two pieces of good Parvati stuff in the picture of Indian stuff

1. cut charas from Thamel, Kathmandu
2. cut Indian charas from Varanasi, India - (two real pieces of Parvati included)
3. cut Garhwali charas, cut with tree resin

Attachments

• CutThamelCharas.jpg
    CutThamelCharas.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IndiaCutCharas.jpg
    IndiaCutCharas.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 28
  • GarhwaliJungli.jpg
    GarhwaliJungli.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 29
P

ptg

hello!:wave:

My experience with the 500g polm chunk with vaporizer is not so good, and makes me think there is something added. It has a very particular spicy flavour that is not enjoyable, that appears after few minutes of toking, meaning higher boiling point than most terpens, probably around the thc one.

but i'm not sure yet what it is. Still it gives very strong up high, with no headache whatsoever, and looks pure, is quite sticky and soft, and has a very nice floral/kushy/bubble gum smell. And almost impossible to tell if you smoke.
Makes me wonder...do the nepali cultivate or have access to curcuma?It's almost the same color as your polm,not very tasty or smelly,at least way less than cannabis resin and is very similar in structure.Is it a possible adulterant?

Here is some curcuma powder:

Although if you have done your purification process you should find the water to be yellow/red if there is some curcuma in it...

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Curcuma is widespread oaround whole India sub-continent. But it has a strong odor, and would be noticeable I think, would also leave some yellowish stains on fingers hehe...

Irie !

E

elmanito

hello!:wave:

Makes me wonder...do the nepali cultivate or have access to curcuma?

Here is some curcuma powder:

Although if you have done your purification process you should find the water to be yellow/red if there is some curcuma in it...

Like Mriko said you can find it at every streetcorner and they use it like we use salt in our food.Curcumine is extremely healthy btw when ingested of course.I'm also very fond of this powder.:D
Mixed with red pepper powder and some oil and you have a powder with a high ORAC value.:yes:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

P

ptg

jejeje,who wants a "couscous"? :)

But it has a strong odor, and would be noticeable I think, would also leave some yellowish stains on fingers hehe...
Maybe when it's fresh,mine is so old that the smell is very sweet,i'm sure it won't be noticeable if blended in crude hash...yet it's true it will let some residue on the fingers when crushed...remind me morrocan hash and hénné...:wallbash:

Mixed with red pepper powder and some oil and you have a powder with a high ORAC value

So hemp oil + red pepper + curcuma should be a good one :)

Thanks for the recipe!

ngakpa

Veteran
hey - don't know about American English, but in British English and Indian English curcuma is known as turmeric

not sure if turmeric is ever used as an adulterant in hash, but henna certainly is in Pakistan and India

there was plenty of low grade Afghan charas cut with henna in Pakistan - esp. in Lahore... and some of the pieces in the 2nd pic above of cut charas were cut with henna

the woody smell when it burns is very obvious

it's possible the henna used has been mixed with other things too - eg "black henna" which is henna mixed with other oils and dyes, possibly chemical dyes

there are countless other spices, oils etc. which could be used to bulk out charas, and no doubt are --- cut charas is all over the place in South Asian cities

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I'm also very fond of this powder.

Try the fresh root, it's also very good ! A bit harder to find in Europe though, gotta find a shop selling Indian fresh products.

Maybe when it's fresh,mine is so old that the smell is very sweet,

yup, the freshly grounded root has strong perfume. I just bought some yesterday, it has a deep peppery/rootsy scent and color is almost red. No sweetness at all.

Turpentine is also commonly used as a bidding material.

By the way, Titoon, do you ask about the origin of the stuff when you buy some ? I'm asking because I haven't seen any origin mentionned along with your resin pics. Would be nice to know a little more about it !

Irie !

dev0n

not sure if turmeric is ever used as an adulterant in hash, but henna certainly is in Pakistan and Indi
Hahahah oh man that brings back memories. The sticks we used to get from the video game parlors in Germany were usually so stepped on with henna that it would have made better skin paint than a smokable substance. Those sneaky Turks :nono:

P

ptg

don't know about American English, but in British English and Indian English curcuma is known as turmeric
Okay,thanks for the precision!Curcuma is the word used here in France and sometimes in the Maghreb.

not sure if turmeric is ever used as an adulterant in hash, but henna certainly is in Pakistan and India

there was plenty of low grade Afghan charas cut with henna in Pakistan - esp. in Lahore... and some of the pieces in the 2nd pic above of cut charas were cut with henna

the woody smell when it burns is very obvious

it's possible the henna used has been mixed with other things too - eg "black henna" which is henna mixed with other oils and dyes, possibly chemical dyes
I wasn't saying it's used,just asking actually.Now,you are right,henna is the number one adulterant,at least in morrocan hash.And a lot of nasty stuff is used too...90% of the hash available there smell dubious...i thought it would be better in Asia,apparently not :wallbash:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Quick summary of the hash oil result :

it is some of the strongest stuff i ve ever smoked. WOW. WOW. WOW. Stronger and more psychedelic than the butane oil i made from weed.

Totally different from any indoor/outdoor hash oil i've ever made or tried, so clear !

feel like quite drunk, very intense and euphoric. heavy changes on color perception, like a mushroom trip. No bodystone, pure adrenaline, very social. Trippyyyyy also ! taste is fresh, almost vaporize rather than make smoke.
I want to know what cannabinoid makes it happens, that's heavyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

E

elmanito

So hemp oil + red pepper + curcuma should be a good one.

Finola hemp oil or from Nutiva.These oils are made from Finola hemp seed and contain a certain amount of Stearidonic acid.

hey - don't know about American English, but in British English and Indian English curcuma is known as turmeric

Most of the time they use the word Turmeric too.

picture.php

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
it is some of the strongest stuff i ve ever smoked. WOW. WOW. WOW. Stronger and more psychedelic than the butane oil i made from weed.

Totally different from any indoor/outdoor hash oil i've ever made or tried, so clear !

feel like quite drunk, very intense and euphoric. heavy changes on color perception, like a mushroom trip. No bodystone, pure adrenaline, very social. Trippyyyyy also ! taste is fresh, almost vaporize rather than make smoke.
I want to know what cannabinoid makes it happens, that's heavyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

titoon

that sounds soooooooooo nice bro..
wish i had a little piece of that magic stuff right now i would immeditaly put it in my pipe and burn it up ;)

my best wishes out from here to nepal

hans :wave:

Last edited:
P

ptg

Totally insane!:greenstars:

Be careful with your oil or you'll stay totally perched! And you'll find your usual stuff to be insipid when you'll be back! :D

Enjoy for us bro!:tiphat:

Finola hemp oil or from Nutiva.These oils are made from Finola hemp seed and contain a certain amount of Stearidonic acid.
yeah mate,thanks for the tip!...yet my oil is made with local hemp,said to be rich in omega 3.Don't know more...